South Park

Mick

That was 7 already? Damn.

They really need longer seasons than 14 eps.

I dunno... with the way the show is done, they'd burn themselves out way too quick. Plus, it follows the standard format of most cable series, roughly 15 episodes a season.

• 4 months later...

Just saw the preview for th new episode, Cartman pretends that he has terrouttes(sp?)

Tourette's (Y)

Glad there's actually some new episodes. I'm getting pissed off with the ones that Paramount/MTV screen in the UK. Sometimes MTV's screening of them are just completely stupid. Instead of normal episodes, we get back to back Christmas Carol episodes in mid-August for some reason. Then, Paramount do the same. Annoying.

The new episodes don't start until next week, so i highly doubt they have given out a preview for it already.

They do, the first episode back, they're usually recharged and have an idea for a show that's ready to go. Since there hasn't been any major world events in the last few weeks, they could just run with one of the ideas they probably came up with on their writer's retreat.

What a lot of people don't realize is how fast South Park produces due to its animation style, which makes the show awesome for being topical in ways that the Simpsons can't, for example;

For perspective, the average episode of The Simpsons takes six to eight months to create[7], while episodes of South Park are usually completed in six days (although some, such as AWESOM-O or Woodland Critter Christmas have taken only three or four).[8]

I remember reading that they had to make a big change to an episode because they didn't like it, and re-done it in two.

There are a lot of times when they literally work until the late hours of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning just to get the episode on at 10pm on Wednesday. The recent episode with Towelie and Oprah's minge was reworked several times and they still weren't happy with the episode when it was done.

I remember reading that they had to make a big change to an episode because they didn't like it, and re-done it in two.

There are a lot of times when they literally work until the late hours of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning just to get the episode on at 10pm on Wednesday. The recent episode with Towelie and Oprah's minge was reworked several times and they still weren't happy with the episode when it was done.