What game franchises need reviving?

Benji

• 3 months later...

Would love to see a new Golden Axe, Cannon Fodder or Populous game. Lost hours of my youth to all of those.

I know we have had plenty of them (and pretty recently too) but I would also say Silent Hill - more of a 'revival' in terms of quality. I would kill for a game that matched the first 2. Hell, I'd kill for an SH2 remake alone.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Would love to see a new Golden Axe, Cannon Fodder or Populous game. Lost hours of my youth to all of those.

I know we have had plenty of them (and pretty recently too) but I would also say Silent Hill - more of a 'revival' in terms of quality. I would kill for a game that matched the first 2. Hell, I'd kill for an SH2 remake alone.

Cannon Fodder! I absofuckinglutely loved that game. I even got upset when my guys died and you saw the new recruits walking down the hill past their gravestones :<

4 hours ago, Benji said:

Final Fight, Double Dragon and Streets of Rage. We really need a revival of side-scrolling beat 'em ups, especially with online co-op being such a big thing.

What was that game on the PS? It was like Streets of Rage but pseudo 3D. Castle Crashers is good for that kinda lark. I miss the days of gaming when it was more fun to get your mates round for some gaming instead of organising it over a LAN party or some shit :< 

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Metal Slug was incredible. Would love another one (its been like 7 years now :/)

Really? I could have sworn they release one every other year. I remember that Metal Slug was the game everyone wanted to play back in the days of the Neo Geo.

In no particular order:

StarTropics (Seriously, why hasn't this happened yet!?)

Smash TV

The Addams Family (The SNES games were better platformers than Mario in my opinion. Just make it EXACTLY like them and I'll be happy)

Illusion of Gaia

Actraiser

Adventure Island

Fighting Force was actually made as a sequel to Streets of Rage. Sega rejected it for whatever reason, so it got rebranded and released on Playstation. 

I'm sure it's been mentioned previously in the thread, but in this world of multiplayer focused gaming and DLC, it's completely beyond me how there hasn't been a new Timesplitters game. I would accept the old HD remastered collection treatment at this point. 

• Like 1