NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

I'm also highly dissapointed to see Rogers injured again, it's almost annoying to me. Detroit is cursed when it comes to injuries, or our strength and conditioning coach is terrible. Here's a funny statistic: Before joining the Lions Dre Bly never missed a game, be it High school, college, or with the Rams. Last year he joins the Lions and the injury bug bites him, and did again yesterday. Regardless, the Lions are still vastly improved, and will be able to survive the loss of Rogers due to the depth at WR.

As for the game against Chicago, the defense was impressive, and our special teams was as well (despite giving up a big return at the end of the game). Joey looked decent, but not overly impressive. Of course, it didn't help that there were four dropped passes that should have been caught.

Lions didnt own. They won cause Grossman threw a bad pass in the endzone.

I completely disagree. The Lions won because they forced turnovers, and scored when it was necesary. The defense worried me in the pre-season, but they looked alot better yesterday. Bracey Walker may have played the best game of his career.

Okay, now I'm REALLY getting pissed. In 2 leagues I have Culpepper, and another I have McNabb. In each of my Culpepper leagues, I'm playing against Randy Moss (which statistically negates 2 of Daunte's 4 TD's), and in my McNabb league I'm playing against the team with Terrell Owens (who has 3 of McNabb's 4 TD's). This will probably be the best week I'll get out of both QB's, and I'm getting screwed.

Don't feel too bad, I have Culpepper and Farve, and I decided to start Farve this week. My logic was the Dallas D would be tough on Culpepper (which it obviously wasn't). I went with Farve also because he typically plays big on Monday Night's.

Edited by VerbalPuke

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe ravens lost, and lost by 17. I dont know what happen to there D. I would've won 100 bucks, but they lose damn. SF played pretty good @ the end. We choked @ the end though, we surprised a lot of people though.

I'm doing a NFL pick em @ my site if anyone is interested. Were going to keep track of everyone's record and see who can chose the winners the best. www.playforglory.com/Boards

Big win for the Lions today. The defense really stepped it up and did a good job of forcing turnovers and getting pressure on Carr. The run game was also kept in check for the most part, and Chris Cash performed admirably filling in for Dre' Bly. The Lions offense looked shaky at the start, but heated up in the second half. Roy Williams is looking like he's the real deal, and I'm quite happy I picked him up in my fantasy league. Kevin Jones also showed some flashes, he should have had more touches.

Guest NYJetFan86

pretty good game by the jets today. sucks that mawae and cowart both got hurt hopefully they arent out for long. the defnse looked good. offense was good and santana moss is looking just as good as any of the top recievers in the league. with the week off i think the jets should focus on special teams which hasnt been that good especially after the 87 yard kickoff return by the chargers today