NFL Thread

Guest LdE1986

Watching the superbowl and american football for the first time now. It's quite entertaining at times but the amount of breaks are getting on my nerves. Couple of questions though:

1)What do all those downs represent? first and down and all that?

2)Whats a sack?

3)When and why do you punt?

4)When does the other team regain pocession, I thought they'd get in when ever a tackle was made or when the ball went out of play?

and whats a turn over?

Edited by WS1

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)What do all those downs represent? first and down and all that?

How many plays a person has to either get a first down or a touchdown. First down is every time a play passes the marker which is usually 10 yards from the original play.

2)Whats a sack?

When a defensive player makes a tackle on a quarterback behind the line as the Quarterback is passing.

3)When and why do you punt?

Usually fourth down and it pushes the ball down field.

4)When does the other team regain pocession, I thought they'd get in when ever a tackle was made or when the ball went out of play?

When a punt, interception, fumble recovery, touchdown or half ends.

and whats a turn over?

Interception [Opposite Team Catches Ball], Fumble Recovery [The player loses the ball and the opposite team recovers it]

I'm glad the Pats won since it means Philly didn't, and as a New Yorker who won't have to hear Eagles fans proclaiming their greatness on sports radio until next year, I am forever grateful to the Killer B's of Belichick, Brady, Bruschi & Branch. In my book, this was almost as good as my team winning. Fuck Philly :D

Edited by naiwf

TO played a hell of a game but Donovan just sucked today except for that pass to Lewis at the end.

And what the fuck were the Eagles thinking letting about two minutes run off the clock, when they could've gone no huddle? Jesus Christ.

Edit: .. Fuck New York, bitch! :devil:

Edited by CM Punk

Wow, was that pathetic or what. I'm gonna tag McNabb with the overrated tag (and no it's not because he's black either). What the hell was he doing? How much time did the Eagles waste in the last 5 minutes? Is this man not smart enough to call 2 plays in one huddle? It's not exactly rocket science.So at the start I was sort of pissed that I was working and was pretty much gonna miss the entire first half of the Super Bowl. With the way the 2nd half turned out I wouldn't have mind missing that either. What a terrible game. What a terrible finish. I can't remember the last time I was this apathetic going into a championship game in ANY sport (and I mean ANY). McNabb was horrible....and especially those last 5 minutes. I don't want to see anyone mention him among the top QBs in the league. He looked lost out there in the 4th quarter. What the hell were they doing running down all that time with less then 5 minutes to go? T.O played a hell of a game. Westbrook was nice too......McNabb just killed the Eagles. Eagle fans/McNabb fans.......there's only one word to describe McNabb tonight....O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D. He choked when it mattered....and I mean choked. I don't want to see know Chunky Soup commercials with him or his damn mother until this man can prove he can lead his team with something on the line.

So....when to pitchers and catchers report?

Edited by sahyder1

No, you're right, the Ravens are one of the top three teams in the AFC along with the Pats and Steelers IMHO. The Colts may be great but Manning can't win the big game.

As for the Yanks, well, I just like to show my distatste for them ^_^.