Overwatch thread

Quom

2 hours ago, RPS said:

I tested her out in the PTR. I feel like she will get a nerf before she goes live. 

Who do you main Maxx, DFF?

Junkrat, because I am a bastard. Haha. 

• 4 years later...

Really enjoying the BETA of OW2. Weapons feel a touch punchier and the colour pallette makes it feel like it has matured a little. 

As for the characters, Sojourn is smegging great, and the rework to Sombra to allow to her hack whilst cloaked is a little crazy. Junker Queen is fun too, though will take some getting used to. 

17 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Did they start letting people into the non-PC beta?

Well, I'm playing on Xbox so... lol. 

Admittedly, I did pay for the special pack that gives you guaranteed access along with some legendary skins etc. 

• 3 months later...

Good luck logging in. They've been DDOSed since launch and they have only partially recovered. 

I did briefly manage to get in yesterday and I do like the general feel of it. Widowmaker's shots now have more audible punch to them, which is nice. 

I did play the BETA a few months back, so I can say with some confidence that it does feel a fun game. You could try out Junker Queen and Sojourn in the BETA and both felt like good additions to the roster (though JQ has apparently since been nerfed, so we'll see). 

9 hours ago, DFF said:

Good luck logging in. They've been DDOSed since launch and they have only partially recovered. 

I did briefly manage to get in yesterday and I do like the general feel of it. Widowmaker's shots now have more audible punch to them, which is nice. 

I did play the BETA a few months back, so I can say with some confidence that it does feel a fun game. You could try out Junker Queen and Sojourn in the BETA and both felt like good additions to the roster (though JQ has apparently since been nerfed, so we'll see). 

Got in a few times only to find that I don’t have any of my content from OW1, and most of the heroes are locked.  So that’s fun.  They know about the issue and are working on it but considering how poorly launch has gone, I’m not anticipating a fix any time soon.

Luckily d.va unlocks after playing two games.  My experience so far is that people still can’t grasp the concept that in order to win a control point game you need to actually get on the control point.  So that’s fun.

• Like 1

Managed to get in for a few games now. Enjoying the feel of it - feels a bit more frantic now there's a player less per team. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

I cannot get in because it says I need a phone number and when I give it it says my phone number is in use. 🤔

They're fixing the phone number thing and a bunch of other issues.  Pulled the servers offline entirely, won't be back up until 9PM Pacific

I got in today. 

The game is a bizarre dichotomy. Overwatch, in my opinion, is peak online team based multiplayer shooter. It is unmatched. The move to 5v5 is amazing. It moves faster, I died less, I felt very much that I was having a direct impact on the game. 

But these microtransactions and battle passes make it unrecognizable. I think it is appalling to lock characters behind a battle pass. 

Yeah, I doubt the locking characters in the battle pass idea sticks.  People already hate it, and their battle pass not only is pretty lame content wise, but its a grind to get through.   If I play Apex Legends for 2 hours, I'll probably get through 5-7 levels of it's battle pass.  With Overwatch I barely got through three.

23 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

So why does this game need my phone number? That's really weird

It's their way to stop cheaters that get banned from just creating a new account. Each account needs a unique number.