Movies You're Embarrassed To Say You Haven't Watched

Draevyn

On 7/19/2016 at 17:10, MDK said:

Of all of them, Rocky is the one to watch. 

I take it you have not seen Creed yet? It is just right below Rocky in terms of quality (can't touch the original). 

Come to think of it, I have never seen The Avenger films, but I really don't plan on seeing them anytime soon. Another one I can think of is Once Upon a Time in America, simply cause I am a big gangster movie buff, and a De Niro fan (though he hasnt done much for me since Heat in '95, maybe can only think of 2-3 more films I liked him in since). 

Whoever said the godfather films, watch 1 and 2. 3rd is just...

Edited by Alex.

On 7/18/2016 at 16:51, Quom said:

There aren't really any. It was like someone flipped a switch in my mid-20s and suddenly I didn't really care about movies. I still watch them and can quite enjoy the whole going to the cinema and getting popcorn type experience, but if a movie comes out and I miss it I don't really care.

Nowadays if I watch a movie and it isn't at the movies it's because my boyfriend and I can't think of anything to do so we find a movie we'll both enjoy. I think Netflix has made a dent in my appreciation of cinema as well, it's much easier to watch an entire series of something that we both like the look of than to keep finding movies we think we'll both like.

I'm very much the same way. It's weird, movies used to be something I enjoyed almost as much as music but now they feel like a chore to sit through. Most of my movie watching is kids movies, the last two movies I saw in the theater were the Good Dinosaur (which was fantastic) and Finding Dory (was alright). But even before I could sit and watch my favorite movies over and over again. Now, not so much. 

The only movie that has come out in the last few years that I had to see was Mad Max: Fury Roa. I was not disappointed, it was/is an all-time favorite. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HailtotheTortureRack said:

I thought Balboa was as good/better than the original.  Of course, I also feel that IV is sooooooooo much better than apparently everyone else in the world. 

Rocky I is a classic. Rocky II had some good ideas but the execution was a bit wonky. By the time Rocky III came out it seemed like they had given up on trying to make these movies gritty sports dramas and decided to make them over-the-top blockbusters. They went a bit overboard in Rocky IV but to be honest that is why I find the movie so charming. Rocky V had a great concept but the execution was just terrible. Balboa was a return to the roots of the series and I enjoyed it a lot. Though one thing I'll never understand is why they cut the scene in which Paulie breaks down and cries about Adrian and his fucked-up life. Such a powerful scene. Loosing that scene fucks with the scenes preceding and succeeding it. One moment he looses his shit over a watch Rocky is trying to give him and the next he is calm again. Creed was awesome. Yes, it basically is just a re-hash of the plot of the original with Apollo Creed's illegitimate son in the Rocky-role and Rocky himself in the Mickey-role and the scene with the motorcycles circling Creed's son as the modern version of the running up the steps was cringeworthy but other than that the movie was soooo good.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Rocky IV is the best. It's basically the height of that massive pop culture boon America had in the 80s. Rocky I is great, but IV is where the series (and the "All-American Dream") peaked. Not seen Creed yet, mind.

No, no, no. III is the ACTUAL best.

On 22/07/2016 at 10:59, blueblood said:

Pearl Harbor. I know I'm not into movies too much but I've should have seen this already. <_<

Oh sweetie. Pearl Harbor is terrible honey. Nobody should watch it. 

• Like 1