Music that is great

Lint

Arkansas doom metal. They’re playing a gig in Little Rock in May that I really want to go to, as an opening act for Eyehategod. 

Posted a few videos about how I love American Folk...if you played S1 of The Walking Dead by TellTale Games, you know this song and its great

• 1 year later...
On 13/01/2019 at 14:40, Freedom McEagleson said:

Good lord above this is my new jam.

On 13/01/2019 at 15:11, VerbalPuke said:

I just checked spotify and they only have two songs on it. The one you posted and a song called “Yuve Yuve Yu” which I’m sampling now.

Dunno why, but my local hard rock station has started to play a remix of Yuve Yuve Yu with the band From Ashes To New....its vastly inferior to the original version just featuring The HU

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Electric Lady had a some really good bits. It was just too long and packed with a bit too much filler (as was Archandroid, incidentally: some great songs but I find listening to the whole thing exhausting). Shave off 25 minutes or so and you'd have a really good 40 minute album. Dirty Computer is JM's most consistent album and its relative brevity really helps it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had always kinda dismissed The Pretty Reckless as a "side project" by an actress who wanted to dabble in rock music but...no..Taylor Momsen has basically retired from actress and devoted all her time to The Pretty Reckless...to the point that I remember they had been dubbed 'Taylor Momsen and The Pretty Reckless'

Saying this because their most recent single, 'Death By Rock and Roll' is actually pretty good.  Taylors vocals have this sort of smokey, almost jazzy sound.  Like if she was backed by a big band in a speak easy

• 3 weeks later...

Dillinger Escape Plan's Irony is a Dead Scene is amazing. I have been obsessed with it recently. The whole EP is maybe 20 minutes long, but it fucking rocks extra hard. It is like normal Dillinger Escape Plan, but far more playful. Mike Patton's vocal performance is unreal - veering between complete nonsense, bizarre and silly non-sequiturs and just traditional hardcore vocals. I really like Dillinger Escape Plan's entire discography, but Irony is a Dead Scene is very special. It is probably my definition of a perfect EP. 

• 3 years later...

I love a good wordplay song