Music that is great

Lint

5 hours ago, Malenko said:

Also a big fan of two-tone. Good thing is a lot of those bands like the specials, bad manners and madness are still touring and all of them are good live. The specials were even playing with their original lineup minus the horn section just 4 years ago when I saw them. It was great! I know they changed their second guitarist and drummer since and a new album is coming this year. First new LP in over 15 years!

This is a great part of being in a city that still has a healthy punk scene, all the bands still come through here (or are from here). I'm going to go see Millions of Dead Cops at a VFW Hall in March!

6 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

And yeah, I still listen to GG. The early years with the Jabbers is really just good power pop. His later stuff isn’t for everybody,  but that goes without saying.

My favorite GG is honky tonk punk GG. 'When I Die', 'Guns, Brawls, Broads, and Booze' (that might not be the exact name), that type of stuff.

He definitely has some uncomfortable stuff. Not a fan of 'Boston Girl'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DMN said:

This is a great part of being in a city that still has a healthy punk scene, all the bands still come through here (or are from here). I'm going to go see Millions of Dead Cops at a VFW Hall in March!

My favorite GG is honky tonk punk GG. 'When I Die', 'Guns, Brawls, Broads, and Booze' (that might not be the exact name), that type of stuff.

He definitely has some uncomfortable stuff. Not a fan of 'Boston Girl'.

Yeah, same with Detroit. I haven’t been paying attention to any shows coming up but we always get good stuff here. MDC is sweet, that should be fine.

Yeah, GG is harder for me as I get older. As a teen, it was all cool because I was an edgy teenager. But the honky tonk stuff was cool, Carmelita and Son of Evil are probably my favorites. 

Actually, a friend of mine opened for the Murder Junkies (his brother is still touring) a few years back.

Blood For Blood...man I always liked them when I was younger, but listening to Redemption Denied today and knowing what Rob Lind went through as far as addiction goes, I realize now this is a song written by a man at his lowest point in life

On 13/01/2019 at 16:11, VerbalPuke said:

I just checked spotify and they only have two songs on it. The one you posted and a song called “Yuve Yuve Yu” which I’m sampling now.

Yeah, the two songs so far I am totally into. Checking them out on YouTube also linked me to Skald which has been great so far.

Tim Commerford, Tom Morello, and Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine, Chuck D from Public Enemy and B-Real from Cypress Hill

I really wanted to like Prophets of Rage based on the makeup of the band but I think Unfuck the World is honestly the only song of theirs that's worth listening to even just once or twice. 

4 hours ago, Cloudo Miedo said:

I really wanted to like Prophets of Rage based on the makeup of the band but I think Unfuck the World is honestly the only song of theirs that's worth listening to even just once or twice. 

That is a cool lineup, but listening to them, its far less interesting and creative than you'd expect from this crew. It sounds like fucking Crazy Town or some other garbage ass butt rock from the past 20 years. 

Ok, I should probably not judge based on one song. Legalize Me has promise. 

But ya know, it's probably not something I'll be interested as inevitably I'm going to be disappointed when it doesn't sound like RATM even though it's not RATM. 

I really don't know how I came across them, but this folk/bluegrass group popped up in my "recommended videos" section on YT and holy shit, I love them

• Like 1