HS Football in your area

A-Dub

Our varsity team is struggling a little bit, a little bit as in 0-2, but we play a mediocre West team tomorrow, so this is their chance to bounce back. Now the team I play for (JV) is 2-1, and we're pissed because we lost a game......that's one game in 5 years. And last year we were absolutly blowing out teams, and now out biggest margin of victory was 6 in overtime, and we had a 1 point win from a last second FG to win.

I know a lot of it is the players, but the scheme is completly different on both sides of the ball, and the playcalling isnt 1/2 as good (ie, when we were down by 11 throughout the 4th quarter, "we" didn't start passing until there were 3 mins left.) But that isn't the worst part, they took all but one of our main players and put them on varsity, so it's nearly a totally different team.

I suppose we'd get all the blame, but I know I dont like to lose....

So how's your team doing?

Guest seattlebandfan9

I don't even know..

Of course I'm a year out of high school, so why should I care...My brother is on the team and I know most of the players and I'm going with some friends so we will soon find out.

The H.S I graduated from in '03 has had a couple of bad years. They haven't won a game in over 2 seasons. It's a shame because the H.S has had a good athletic past. We had a young coach take over from a retiring veteran one......and we haven't won a game since then. The ADs son keeps starting at QB (eventhough a freshman should've been starting ahead of him 2 years ago when this guy was a junior).

Our varsity team's first game is tonight i think. Sadly, I won't be playing this season, due to a couple injury's, but I think that they will do pretty good this season. We went to the state championchip game twice, once my freshman year, and once my junior year, so most of the seniors have big game expirence (as the crowds were well over 2000 people) so that will help them out as well.

I go to a private school, we blow. Tonight we face our local rival (2 minute walk away) Bel Air who is ranked really high in the State (Andrew Berry is an amazing quarterback). There are kids with faith we can upset BA, we won't... we will get pummelled endlessly. Randallstown SHOULD end up winning the State title, but Bel Air among a few others could win it instead.

EDIT- We were, however, ranked 15th in the State before we lost our first game.

Edited by damshow

Our program is actually a combination of our school, a prep school in another part of my town, and a tech school 10 miles/2 towns south of here. Most of our players come from the public or tech schools, although we're bundled under the public school's name.

I went to the public school, graduated in 03. Back in that day, we were not great. And in Eastern Connecticut, you're either NFA, Fitch, or shit. And we were REALLY bad. Then again, we had no football team for over 15 years until it came back as this co-op in 2001.

Last year, I think we might been either 3-7 or 6-4. Those seem to ring a bell, I don't even know.

WE DID IT!!!! WE FUCKING DID IT!!!!

I'm so phsyced, an awesome game, fun to watch, we scored 2 safeties on um!!!! And ended up winning 10-6.

WE'RE THE MIGHTY TROJANS

BRAVE MEN ARE WE

WE'LL NEVER MEET DEFEAT

SONS OF VICTORY

HOO-RAH-RAH

WEEEEE WILL FIGHT FOREVER

WE'LL BEAT THAT TEAM

HAIL TO THE SOUTHWEST TROY

WE'RE ON THE BEAM!!!!!!!

I go to a private school, we blow.  Tonight we face our local rival (2 minute walk away) Bel Air who is ranked really high in the State (Andrew Berry is an amazing quarterback).  There are kids with faith we can upset BA, we won't... we will get pummelled endlessly.  Randallstown SHOULD end up winning the State title, but Bel Air among a few others could win it instead.

Fairhope Pirates

We beat Theodore two weeks ago 25-0, lost to Daphne last week 28-0, and beat Robertsdale tonight. We're in the 6A Division and went to the quarter-finals in State last year so we're pretty successful. Our biggest rival is Daphne, who were State Champs in 2001 and are always good, though our middle school team (my brother plays for them at RT & RG) beat their middle school team 12-2 last night.

We've already got 3 games under our belt here in the Wisconsin Valley Conference. Last year, we went 5-4 on Varsity, which is decent, got us into the playoffs, but not a normal year since Jack Synold took over as head coach like 5 years ago. The JV team last year, went 4-5, which I was on and we did alright, and good at times, but not nearly as good as they did on Varsity.

This year, so far, I'm on JV again because too many people are playing on the d-line, so I start Nose Guard for the JV team, plus they need some leadership, so I'm one of the Juniors down on JV to help them. We've lost all 3 games, but the first 2 were close. We lost our first game to the Rhinelander Hodags, 20-6, but it was closer than the score shows. We lost to Wausau West, our cross-town rivals, 14-12 in a game where I almost got an interception lol. And we lost our last game, Thursday, to the Merrill Blue Jays, 34-0. I can't play because I have 2 serverely bruised bones in my right hand, so it's not my fault lol.

Our Varisty team is a lucky one, but we "finish with a burst". Our first game we won solidly. Our 2nd game, against West, we won with a 61-yard touchdown run by our halfback, Jusin Bric. Then we also had a 98-yard touchdown pass to one of the best players in the state, Ben Fischer. Fischer also won the game with a last second field goal. Last night, our offense wasn't producing, so the D had to step it up. They did a few times. We blocked a kick, had an interception, and a few fumble recoveries too. Oh, and Bric had yet another long touchdown run. I have this very odd feeling that we're going to surprise some people this season as we were supposed to be only a mediocre team with most of our starts leaving after last season.

We lost our best player after last year though, Andy Crooks, like the Wisconsin Player of the year, because he's going to the University of Wisconsin.

Alright... get this...

Last night with 40 seconds left on 3rd down our QB took a knee and ran the clock down to about 2 seconds left. Its 4th down now and they snap the ball with 1.6 seconds left... and he takes a fucking knee. Turnover on downs, the clock stops and the other team is on our 19 yard line with a tie game. They then proceeded to throw a TD pass to a wide open player in the endzone. Ugh.

I go to a private school, we blow.  Tonight we face our local rival (2 minute walk away) Bel Air who is ranked really high in the State (Andrew Berry is an amazing quarterback).  There are kids with faith we can upset BA, we won't... we will get pummelled endlessly.  Randallstown SHOULD end up winning the State title, but Bel Air among a few others could win it instead.

To respond... we lost last night 48-6...