RuPaul's Drag Race

Mx. Canadian Destroyer

Not yet @RPS! We're essentially going through all the seasons in order right now. I originally got into it when season 8 showed up on Netflix, then they added season 9 and of course more recently they backfilled all the way to season 2 - so we've watched 2, 3, 4, Allstars (due to borrowing a friends OutTV account) and starting at 4 we began to watch the Untucked episodes on OutTV as well - slowing us down quite a bit.

I'm excited to finish season 5 and get on to 6 and 7 because I've seen a lot of clips from them and there's a lot of queens that I am fans of outside of the show now that were on those seasons (as well as Allstars 2 and 3) - thought I am tempering my expectations because I've started to realize what kind of queens I am fans of, and I understand that they don't necessarily shine in the competition nature of the show (Trixie) or don't get appreciated for the full wealth of their abilities (Katya) until you see them outside of those platforms.

I got my Bob The Drag Queen tickets today though! Didn't go for VIP - they sold quickly and I don't know if I'd have a lot to say to Bob, so I figured that people who have something to express to Bob should really get those seats. I went for the first row back from VIP though and I think it's awesome that a high profile drag queen (from the first season I watched, no less!) can come here to do a show and not have it be in a club but the same theatre that all the plays and such come to.

• Like 1

Season 6 is great, probably the greatest of all time. Season 7 is fine. Season 8 fucking rules. So you have a great set of seasons to watch. All Stars Season 2 is also very fucking good. 

Me and my better half are rewatching season 3 and it is crazy how above the competition Raja and Manila are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh! I forgot to say!

Bob The Drag Queen put on one hell of an amazing show to the point where I thought what she ended the first half of the show with HAD to be the conclusion (a nearly half hour mashup lip sync with artists chosen from the crowd). It was a ton of standup, dancing and lip synching with some great audience interaction and just went non-stop for two hours ending with a Celine Dion finale.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Agreed. The multiple winner thing was garbage. 

Also, she wasn't going to win but Naomi but one of my favourite queens now.

Have you heard the T? That Monet was supposed to solo win but they were afraid of the fan response.

11 minutes ago, RPS said:

Have you heard the T? That Monet was supposed to solo win but they were afraid of the fan response.

I figured it was the other way around. That Trinity was supposed to win solo but they were worried about the backlash of crowning 4 straight white queens. 

59 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I figured it was the other way around. That Trinity was supposed to win solo but they were worried about the backlash of crowning 4 straight white queens. 

Apparently not. The T is Trinity had friends in production who gave her way more favorable content and hid Monet. Trinity became the fan favorite as a result. Monet killed the last episode and lip sync and was going to win, but her social media numbers sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

Yvies dress may be audibly gasp it was so fun.

On 08/03/2019 at 22:08, RPS said:

Ms. Vanjie was robbed of the win. 

That will be my response every episode she doesn't win. 

Also this again.

Vanjie is absolutely killing it. Yvie I'm loving too, and I like Brooke/Nina too.

The only ones I dislike are Silky (because she's all the worst parts of Eureka) and  Rajah, who just seems to be trying way too hard but hasn't got anything to back it up so far.

• 2 weeks later...