Moments you hate from films you love

Liam

8 hours ago, angeluzcr said:

At no point they explains that is to protect him,they are just being jerks, also I guess Sirius is more dangerous than the dragon and the siren that put a trident to his throat in the next movie...during a competition he din't even enters in the first place....

I think it comes down to the Wizarding world having different ideas about safety standards. Or maybe it's just Dumbledore being a bit of a irresponsible idiot. Think about it: Sending children into the forbidden forrest at night as penalty (I know that Hagrid was with them but still), not closing down the school when there is a mass murderer and a monster on the loose and overseeing a dangerous tournament in which there is a chance that the participants might die (and IIRC there have been deaths in the past). And then there is the blatant favoritism for Gryffindor. And let's not forget that he probably knew that the Dursley's were abusing Harry and didn't do anything about it because just showing up there every once in a while to remind them to not treat Harry like shit is too much to ask for apparently. And he hired Gilderoy Lockhart. And I find it hard to beleive that someone like Dumbledore, who always seems to know what is going on in his school, didn't know that whatever was left of Voldemort was hiding in Quirrell turban and that Moody was Barty Crouch Jr. in disguise.

Not a movie I love, exactly, but La La Land would have been much more entertaining\likable if the song `City of Stars', which is played waaaay too often in the film wasn't played waaaay too often and didn't actually suck to begin with.

I agree with Loz about Titanic. Though seeing Leonardo DiCaprio die was awesome, that door was definitely big enough for both Rose and Jack.

Also, The Fault In Our Stars. I know it was based on a novel. But that ending, man.

I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio, so I enjoyed it whenever his characters died. Titanic and The Quick And The Dead are my two favorite movies from back then. 

Though I still love TQATD because the cast was awesome.

On 04/09/2017 at 09:34, Benji said:

but I will never ever get the Zion party scene. It is just so dumb

Never liked the second or third of the trilogy but when I first saw that scene I wondered if they accidentally put a perfume advert or something in there.

I love the 13th Warrior despite its... short comings... but I can never wrap my head around the scene where Herger antagonized the giant dude into a duel so he can kill him and piss off the prince... and then have nothing ever come of it.  I don't think you even see the prince dude again so the duel literally means nothing.