Arsenal Thread

TMM

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Looking at it statistically, both teams had the same amount of shots, and shots on target etc, fair play to Arsenal for defending a potential defeat with 2 men down.

The red card for Vieira was harsh, 2 decisions that could of been forgiven with just a warning, or maybe just a yellow card for one.

Every single time I've said we should win our next game, things have gone tits up, so I won't say we 'should' anything, its as if theres a curse for us in europe and its really heart breaking.

What I will say though, at least our deciding game is against the statistically weaker team, the fact that we drew with them was a massive shock, hopefully this'll give the whole team a kick in the ass and they'll come out with a result that works.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern is who is going to play in centre midfield? Fabregas should be ok to start, but Vieira will be suspended, Edu's not likely to return in time from what I know, Gilberto's out and Flamini took a bit of a knock (not sure if that'll rule him out for any period of time).

We need to do better in Europe - we sure don't look like favourites anymore.

"Argh", "grrr", and "fuck", I think that about sums up my feelings. Really annoyed. First half way were crap. Second half we started to play better and deserved the equaliser, but we were never good enough for the win. A draw would've been acceptable from Liverpool fans point of view I think, but to be honest, we didn't even deserve a point.

Well done Liverpool.

Just got back from the game. Our lads were great today, especially first half, when I don't think Arsenal had a chance. Brilliant team goal too.

Arsenal's goal changed the game, and it was maybe even better than ours. It was pure Arsenal. Game was a lot more even after that, and it was a next goal wins kind of scenario. I was just trying to work out what a draw would do to the table when Mellor scored an absolute screamer. Made up for the lad, he worked his socks off today. Still not convinced he has what it takes, but he's got a great eye for goal, and he will live off that moment for a long time to come.

I hope Arsenal bounce back soon though, cause I'd hate to see Scum or Chelsea win the title.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he is a big admirer of Italian duo Gennaro Gattuso and Massimo Oddo

Wenger is a fan of Gattuso's battling qualities and admitted he would love to pair the Milan man with Patrick Vieira in the Gunners engine room.

The Frenchman has been impressed by Gattuso whenever he has seen him in action and in speaking in an interview with Italian magazine ControCampo, he described Gattuso as his favourite Italian player.

"My favourite Italian star is Gennaro Gattuso: when he is fit, he is a real lion on the pitch," Wenger told ControCampo.

"Can you imagine what sort of midfield he would make alongside Patrick Vieira?"

Milan would fight any attempt to lure Gattuso away from Giuseppe Meazza, as the Italian international has established himself as a key member of Carlo Ancelotti's squad and is a huge favourite with the club's fans.

Wenger also revealed he is keen on Lazio defender Oddo.

Arsenal were linked with a move for the full back in the summer and he could possibly rekindle his interest in January.

"I also like Lazio right back Massimo Oddo," added Wenger.

Wenger has admitted he is looking to sign at least one player in the January transfer window and right back is one position he is looking to strengthen.

Oddo could be a target in the New Year and Lazio could struggle to keep hold of him due to their financial problems if Arsenal did follow up their interest with a big bid.

source: planetfootball.com

It may not mean anything. But I would love to have Oddo, he is a class player in my book, I also do like Gatusso, but that would never happen. But I would welcome a January move for Oddo.

Nope.

No crisis yet, we are in a bad patch, it is only becasue we set to high standrards, keep in mind w ehave still only lost 2 games out of the last 54. We will get over it, a win on Saturday will do us fine, I don't think a win against Utd would matter because it will be the youth team.

I am not sure who Wenger is going to put in midfield against Chelsea, he has to rest Fabregas, Flamini is who we need at the moment to be in the Gilberto role. (Damn I miss Gilberto :().

I don't think playing Pires there would be a good idea unless he pushes Toure to midfield and plays Cygan in defence.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I don't see it as much as a crisis, we were shit in the first half, but came back in the 2nd, it eventually became a close game and its Liverpool so its hardly a shameful loss. As for the opposition bragging in this thread, carry it on, it'll only make it funny when we can recap at the end of the season and see what actually happened, and how stupid you'll look.