Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt agree, Last season Arsenal were unstoppable, this season whilst Chelsea might have a stronghold at the top, it will be broken and they will lose again before the season is over.

I just think that even if you were unstoppable last season, you just don't have the ability to do that again. You rode your luck at times last season (against Man U when Nistelrooy missed the penalty, Portsmouth when you were given a VERY dodgy penalty, and Fulham when you reversed the penalty decision, and Fulham had a goal disallowed.....and thats just off the top of my head), and if the luck isn't with you, I think there is no way you will see through to the end of the season unbeaten. I can see Chelsea losing, but I can also see you losing again.

I'd have also been more worried about playing Chelsea at thier best this season, then Arsenal at thier best last season. Too many times, Arsenal looked shaky, just if someone put themselves about a bit, or got stuck in, whilst Chelsea don't seem to have the problem, and are taking games by the scruff of the neck most of the time (baring the odd slip up).

Chelsea just seem a lot more clinical now, and I can't see you bringing back the "unstoppability" from last season anytime soon.

This Flamini row is stupid.

They want him back instead of us giving them more money, why force a player back when he doesn't want to?

Plus, he had NO contract with Marseille, so can't he do what he wants? That is like telling me that I can't sign for Arsenal and I have to sign for them, it is ridiculous.

Anyway, he won't go back, end of.

This is getting to be a joke.

Wenger needs to realise that we need a GOOD PROVEN goalkeeper, and stop buying people who he sees with "potential". We need a proven goalkeeper, and we need one in this transfer window, I don't care who. Frey, Hildebrand, Cudicini, just someone who is proven at the highest level and who can organise the defense.

Arsene needs to wake up.

Because the pressure is always on us and not them.

If it was the other way round, we might win at the 3pm kick off and then Chelsea would feel the pressure and drop points, but it is always them winning and then us knowing that we have to win.

That is why it matters.

Well in this kind of situation, it is hard not to.

I just feel that it is a bit unfair, I don't remember the last time they played after us.

It seems that every week you hear "Chelsea have gone 8 points clear, for 24 hours at least".

Still, Arsenal should be fucking better.

No, I know why we lost, because we played shit and we didn't deserve anything from the game.

I just wanted to know why Chelsea always play before us, that's all. At what point did I moan that we shouldn't have lost? Because I KNOW we should have, I KNOW how utterly shit we played.

No, I know why we lost, because we played shit and we didn't deserve anything from the game.

I just wanted to know why Chelsea always play before us, that's all. At what point did I moan that we shouldn't have lost? Because I KNOW we should have, I KNOW how utterly shit we played.

But look at it this way...as you know what has happened to Chelsea, it can spur your team on to better performances.

Gooner you're just trying to make excuses. The times of the matches dont mean jack. I would say the bigger pressure is on the teams that kick off at 12.30 which incidently is nearly always Liverpool or Manchester United as they are in the situation that they have to win because if they dont the teams kicking off at 3 will be spurred on. Surely the later the kick off the better as your team will know all the days results and know what they have to do.

Dammit, the timing of the matches are always so goddamn frustrating. I can never watch Arsenal matches live because they always start late or on the next day. A normal match starts 11 my time, maybe at 8-plus if it's early, but I hardly ever see Arsenal matches start at those times. Add to the fact that they've lost for the second time this season just makes for very frustrated ladydav.

The timings of the matches are annoying yes, but as a Gooner, I can't say I believe that had any effect on what the team did on the pitch. The only reason is we're not good enough at the moment.

Robin van Persie I think is typical of a lot of our squad players - he'll be a great player one day, but just not right now. Take Hoyte, Senderos, Flamini, Fabregas, they're all good players, and one day they will be great, but at the moment they're still very much learning and it's not good enough when you want to be winning week-in week-out in tough games where people have to get stuck in like a game at Bolton.

We need some more established stars in our squad, particularly in defence and in goal. Until that happens I can see no title coming to Highbury. You can say what you like about injuries, but at the end of the day that's just an excuse too, it just shows up how bad our squad is. It's been said before in this thread, and I'd agree that we have the best team in the Prem when everone is fit, but the squad isn't there.

One person I wouldn't mind having around at this point in the season; Ray Parlour. Arsenal through and through, gets stuck in - shouldn't have let him go.

Edited by supergrass