Arsenal Thread

TMM

breathtaking stuff from Arsenal and Man United. And it is amazing how United managed to score despite going down to 10 men. Almunia was at fault for the third goal though. he had no need to come way out of his line.

Looks like Arsenal's title dreams are in tatters. Especially if we win against Blackburn.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The better team won.

The better manager won.

There's no comeback.

No decisions you can moan at. If anything, Arsenal got the rub of the green.

It sucks when you can't blame anything else.

Because you got outplayed.

You could quite easily say that we had two decisions go against us in the first half that could have led to goals but whatever........ We lost nothing we can do about it, better team won from the second half performance. The fight for second place is on, Unless Chelsea lose tomorrow and then United have a glimmer of hope at getting top spot.

Must say, Bergkamp was NEVER offside, not in a million years. Not sure about the penalty (or lack of) but I think we were the better side by a long way second half. I nearly had a heart attack when Henry hit that overhead though...

It was an absolutely oustanding game, both teams deserve credit for that. Best game i've seen in the Prem this season I reckon.

Well, we're out of title race, that's for sure now. We've gotta concentrate on Europe and the FA Cup, we can win both if we get down to the task.

Also, we sure as hell need a new goalkeeper and defender.

Did Wenger and Ferguson shake hands at the end of the match? The fascist channel over here just switched over to commercial as soon as the whistle went off.

Yup they did. Although very briefly.

It's nice to see a bit of civil behaviour though, thank god they didn't start some kind of brawl - as Silvestre is going to get a lengthy ban and the tunnel fracas will be investigated.

Silvestre is a pillock. End of. I haven't got a clue why (at 3-2 up remember) he didn't just laugh in Ljungberg's face. He could've cost us the game and deserves a club fine at the very least.

I think the tunnel stuff will be all overblown. It would be best for it to just be put down to high emotions and left alone.

Awesome game. When O'Shea got that fourth (I'm sure he was offside, wasn't he?) I could finally relax. Been a long time since Arsenal lost at Highbury hasn't it? Utd do the double over them and now their sights have to be firmly set on Chelsea. Who have to mess up somehow for Utd to even stand a chance.... It could happen.

Keep saying it about how Chelsea have won the title Gooner, I'd put money on it that you're wrong by the end of the season.

Say I'm wrong all you like, United are winning that title. Chelsea will not beat United if United play how they did tonight. They were at there full best even when they were at ten men. Arsenal didn't play bad either, they were just too outplayed by United. I think Arsenal will beat Chelsea too which in closing would pretty much bring United just five points behind Chelsea. Once you lose two games you start to feel the pressure, you wait and see.

This isn't a place to talk about Chelsea though, well not this thread anyway. Sorry Arsenal fans but I have to say I think Viera is a prick. I also think Keane is top man with what he said after the game about not letting anyone start on his players. That was my favourite football interview ever actually for some reason. What's Cole doing diving as well? I love how Arsenal fans call Ronaldo a diver but say nothing on Viera or Cole when they do pure blatant dives.

Arsenal need a new keeper desperatly. If they get that then they should be able to get back to there best. They were good tonight but United were in another league compared to them. Ronaldo is fucking awesome whether he sometimes goes over the top with a dive or two or not. Him and Giggs were just brilliant tonight. The third goal could be blamed on the keeper yes, but you cant take anything away from how amazing Giggs did with it still. I think Heinze is the best left back in the Premiership at this moment. Not the best period, but at this moment in time he is. The guy isn't scared to get involved at all and he likes to state his own opinion which I like. His run for the forth goal was amazing, how he has the energy I just don't know.

In closing I'm sticking to my United prediction for them to win the title. If United and Arsenal beat Chelsea then it's easily possible and if by some chance they don't then we'll see what happens. If I'm proven wrong by the end then I'll take it and admit I was wrong, right now though I think there's everything to play for.

The main thing for Arsenal now though is to make absolutely sure they win their next game. The last time we beat you, Arsenal won once in their next 6 games, which isn't good enough. I definately think United will get second, but I concede that Chelsea have pretty much got the title wrapped up.