Arsenal Thread

TMM

If Wenger signs Beckham, I'll shoot him...then Beckham...then his wife.

Seriously though, we don't need him and isn't good enough to get into our first-team so he'd be a waste of money.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, we don't need him and isn't good enough to get into our first-team so he'd be a waste of money.

I'd shoot his wife first :devil:

Beckham would never be a waste of money for them. On the left reyes/Ljungberg can run riot attacking at them while on the right Beckham offers something different. Someone who can hold back and ping the ball around the field

Beckham's form over the past 2 or 3 years has been erratic at best. He plays good one game, decent the next, isn't even noticable the next, gets man of the match the next and so on.

Yes he could offer something 'different' on the right with his crosses, but who would be on the end of them? van Persie? Reyes? Henry? Bergkamp? Aliadiere? None of them are exactly famous for their heading. Waste of money, plain and simple.

I'd shoot his wife first :devil:

Beckham would never be a waste of money for them. On the left reyes/Ljungberg can run riot attacking at them while on the right Beckham offers something different. Someone who can hold back and ping the ball around the field

I'd much rather see SWP playing for us than Beckham.

I think SWP can offer a lot more than Beckham - both on the wing and through the centre, has a lot more pace, is better at finishing, is more versatile (would easily play up front, wing, or centre mid), is a hell of a lot younger, a future England star, and is Wrighty's boy!

What more do you need?

I think it's because he openly said he's annoyed with the Spanish press hounding his family. Though recently he pledged his loyalty to Real. Fantastic may have been an overstatement - but he was especially brilliant against Barca recently. I hope things go well for the bloke, he gets a lot of shit.

Yeah, that game was boring.

West Brom played us for about 50-60 minutes, then they were knackered and stood no chance. Good goal from both Edu and van Persie though.

I was a bit concerned about how Arsenal would approach the game, in that Chelsea have just clinched the title mathematically and Wes Brom are fighting well for their Premiership survival. I think all-in-all they did well, West Brom in the position they're in were always going to go for a bit of a scrappy game, in the end we got the result we needed and 3 more points.

Real make Reyes enquiry

Real Madrid have reportedly stepped up their pursuit of Arsenal attacker Jose Antonio Reyes.

The Spain international appears to be a prime summer target for Real, who look poised to endure a second successive season without a major trophy.

Reyes has been pinpointed as a player who could help to bring silverware back to El Santiago Bernabeu and rumours claim Real have been in contact with The Gunners.

The club's sporting director Emilio Butragueno is purported to have contacted Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein over the weekend.

Butragueno asked Dein how much The Gunners wanted for the 21-year-old but was met with a firm rebuttal by the deposed Premiership champions.

That is unlikely to dissuade Real from furthering their interest at the end of the season and they could play on Reyes' desire to be part of Los Galacticos.

Reyes has repeatedly professed a willingness to return to La Liga to play for Real and the former Sevilla ace may want to listen to any proposal.

Only last month, the young forward conceded he would be interested in any offer from Real, despite acknowledging his happiness at Highbury.

Though Arsenal have fended off Real for now, they may have a fight to keep the Spanish giants at arm's length in the summer.

I read on thisislondon that Dein said he isn't for sale and that Reyes has said that he is willing to now stay and fight for his place in the side and show how Spaniards can fight. This whole situation is fucking annoying.

If we were to get Owen if Reyes was to go, it would soften the blow a little. But I don't want Reyes to leave.

In other news, here is a new picture of the new kit:

thierryshirt040505_250x450.jpg

I don't mind it, it is available to buy from June 22nd.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I wish they'd just hurry up and show the front already, I'll buy it because it means something, but I'm still not sure, Claret is a disgusting colour, much like that Gold kit we had, It could be fucking horrible, but it could be alrite.

Edu confirms Gunners exit

Arsenal midfielder Edu has revealed he does not intend to stay at Highbury this summer and plans to continue his career in Europe.

The Brazilian's future has been the subject of speculation for many months now following his decision not to sign a new contract with The Gunners.

He will become a free agent when his present deal expires in the coming weeks and a host of European clubs are chasing his signature.

Valencia have long appeared to be in pole position to land the 26-year-old and reports in Spain persist that he has signed a pre-contract with the Mestalla outfit.

However, Barcelona and Real Madrid are also understood to be monitoring developments and now Juventus are believed to have joined Serie A rivals Internazionale in the race for the former Corinthians star.

Speaking to the Italian media, Edu conceded he was flattered by Juve's interest and even revealed he had held talks with Brazil international team-mate, and current Juve star, Emerson about a move to the Stadio delle Alpi.

He insists he has still to take a final decision on his future, but has made it clear he does plan to quit Highbury in the summer.

"Juve are a big team, they fight every year for the scudetto and Champions League and the interest they have showed in me makes me happy," he told the Corriere dello Sport.

"For the moment I have decided nothing. I'll go back to Brazil, then I'll evaluate the different proposals.

"I've spoken with Emerson but I prefer not to say what we said.

"The most important thing for me will be playing in a team that has good organization and that could fight for both the title and Champions League.

"I won't play in England and I won't come back to Brazil. My aim is continuing my career in Europe."

Edu's words will be a blow for Gunners boss Arsene Wenger who insists he has still not given up hope of persuading the midfielder to stay.

"I am not resigned to the fact that he will leave," Wenger had said.

"It is probably 80% that he will go but I have not given up."

Do you have a personality, or do you just copy page after page of articles we've already read at SkySports instead of offering actual opinion? its getting rather tedious.

Maybe if you added some useful opinion and stopped being so robotic I wouldnt notice. I assure you, most football fans read Skysports and yet they don't insist on reproducing every single article ever written.

Stop it, its annoying.

I finally have my internet back. :)

Anyway, I have read lots linking Beckham with us lately, but why do we need him? First off, we would have to pay £15m plus for him, and he is 30 years old. Not a good deal and secondly he is way past his prime.

Do any of you see the need for him?

We out-classed you in the first-half, but the second-half you decided to play football. Well, a little bit anyways.

Your goal was a disgrace; Xabi Alonso was barely even touched and he went over like he was shot with a shotgun. When an awful decision goes against you like that and the team score, you realise how really annoying diving truly is.

Bit hypocritical coming from an Arsenal fan, isn't in?

He got a slight nudge, so he went down. Same thing happened with Alonso against Chelsea when Eidur dived, and Arsenal are hardly angels. Look at Viera at Anfield, going down in 'anticipation', when Hamann was 2 feet away from touching him.