Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea chasing Bendtner

Chelsea scout Benny Nielsen claims the Premiership champions are keeping a close eye on Arsenal's young prospect Nicklas Bendtner.

The Danish international has scored twice in five games whilst on loan at Birmingham City this season and is highly-rated at The Emirates Stadium having formed a prolific partnership with Arturo Lupoli in the reserves last term.

However, it appears his impressive development has now caught the eye of The Gunners' London rivals, with Nielsen claiming Jose Mourinho has been alerted to Bendtner's quality by compatriot Frank Arnesen.

"Frank told the club about Nicklas a long time ago and I have also told them it is important to keep a close eye on him in the coming years," Nielsen told The Mirror.

"Bendtner is the only player from the Danish national team who is good enough to play for Chelsea."

Despite being just 18-years-old the tall striker has also claimed two goals in two games at international level and is expected to challenge Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie for a first team place at The Emirates Stadium should he continue to shine at St Andrews until January.

The two London rivals have only just completed the acrimonious exchange of Ashley Cole and William Gallas, and The Gunners are unlikely to welcome further interest in another of their players from Stamford Bridge.

Source: Sky Sports.com

Oh Chelsea, please just go away. Bendtner has said that he wants to be playing first team football, and at the moment he's got it at Birmingham and might have it when he comes back. But there's no way he'll be starting at Chelsea, so it begs the question as to why they have suddenly "declared their interest" in him.

Game was a good yesterday. Brilliant goal from Rosicky in the second-half and my god he actually speaks English. He's been here about 3 months and he seems pretty fluent, whereas fucking Reyes was here over 2 years and couldn't speak a bloody word!

Queen to officially open Emirates Stadium

Arsenal Football Club is honoured to announce that Her Majesty The Queen will be officially opening the Club’s new Emirates Stadium on Thursday October 26 2006.

The Duke of Edinburgh will join The Queen at the event which will be a truly momentous day in the Club’s history and an extremely special moment for all involved in the Emirates Stadium project.

Arsenal Chairman, Peter Hill-Wood, enthused: “We are absolutely delighted that Her Majesty is to officially open Emirates Stadium. It is a true honour and we are immensely looking forward to welcoming Her Majesty and The Duke of Edinburgh to our new stadium next month. In 1932, the West Stand at Highbury was officially opened by the HRH The Prince of Wales, so we are again extremely honoured to have Royalty mark the start of the next chapter in the history of Arsenal Football Club."

Further details of the event will be announced on Arsenal.com in the near future.

Source: Arsenal.com

Wow, we get the Queen! :w00t:

Gunners sweat over Toure

Arsenal are sweating over the fitness of Kolo Toure ahead of their trip to Manchester United.

The Gunners travel to Old Trafford on Sunday to tackle old foes United in a mouth-watering clash live on Sky Sports 1.

Toure is doubtful for the game after picking up a hip problem in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League win over Hamburg.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is currently unsure if Toure will recover in time to face United.

"It was a kick on the hip. It looks muscle damage, but we do not know if he can play on Sunday [against Manchester United] at the moment," said Wenger.

"It is very difficult to say."

Wenger will be hoping to have Toure available as they are short of options at the back with Philippe Senderos already on the sidelines.

Source: SkySports.com

Bollocks. On the plus side it means we'll have Gallas at centre-back finally, but the downside is Hoyte at left-back again, and even though I'm a huge Hoyte fan, it's clear he's not comfortable there.

Feels so good knowing we beat Man United.

Can't wait to see ma best mate, he's a Man U fan and was more or less 100% that we would lose to them! Rubbing it in will be nice for a little while lol.

Im shocked that Adebayor scored. Wasn't too impresed with him last season, I thourght he was awful, but hope he can carry on proving me wrong.

Ermm me lol

Nah I had my doubts aswell, but always gotta belive in your side.

Even with the bad start we've had to the season were a good team, and are always more than capable of beating the big teams. Just need to do it a bit more often (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Hleb shooting, Henry using his head, something doesn't make sense.

Henry using his head...in two games...in a row! It doesn't work, it's wrong. We barely even score two headed goals A SEASON...I'm so very confused.

But if these past three games have shown anything, it shows that when teams actually try to play football against us they will always fail miserably. When teams throw 11 players behind the ball, we have a problem, but any time a team tries against us, they won't win.

• 2 weeks later...