Arsenal Thread

TMM

Given the absense of Senderos, I'd expect Wenger to make a few proper signings - maybe Baptista will be offered by Real? They really need a left winger, and have an abundance of attacking players.

Marca says Real want to offer around 15 million euros and Gravesen to Arsenal, which is hilarious on so many levels.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

Convincing win with a fairly weakened team, but Reyes didn't make an appearance so I think we all know he's leaving now too.

So far;

Out

Bergkamp

Pires

Campbell

Ryan Smith

Reyes

Cole

In

Tomas Rosicky

Nice.

Guest usual suspect

According to the papers hes got security because all the Marseille fans hate him because he wants to leave, so he'll be going somewhere by the end of the month. Arsenal? Likely.

He's an ugly bastard and I never really saw what was so special about him at all.

I just like that although he's said that he wanted to stay, because the fans have gotten it in their heads that he wants to go, they're now threatening him, which has made him change his mind. So basically Marseille fans have forced their best player to want to leave. Clever Frenchies.

From what I saw (the second half), Arsenal looked pretty good tonight.

I still think Adebayor is shit though.

He seems to play relatively well for Arsenal, I think of him as a plan B because I don't really think you can leave Van Persie out this much in the coming season, but Adebayor does seem to work his arse off when he's in an Arsenal shirt.

Adebayor was crap last night. My brother rang me from Spain and asked me "if I saw how well he played". If by playing well he means taking one/two shots and then giving the ball away every other time he had it, then yeah. I was hoping Wenger would've played Aliadiere from the start, but ah well. Hopefully he'll play in the second-leg.

Chelsea have broken off negotiations with Arsenal over the transfer of England left-back Ashley Cole.

The Premiership champions posted a statement on their website on Wednesday claiming to have made "a very substantial offer" for the 25-year-old.

But Chelsea's statement added that "no agreement can be reached in the current circumstances" with Arsenal.

On Tuesday Blues manager Jose Mourinho told Arsenal an agreement had to be made within two days.

News conference: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

And now Mourinho seems to be ready to stick to that and pursue other left-backs, with the transfer deadline now three weeks away.

The full statement from Stamford Bridge read: "Chelsea FC has been in discussions with Arsenal Football Club for some time over the possible transfer of Ashley Cole.

"Chelsea has made a very substantial offer for the player.

"Although discussions have continued, Arsenal's valuation of the player does not match Chelsea's and therefore no agreement can be reached in the current circumstances."

The saga of Cole's transfer to Chelsea started when the player was fined, along with Blues manager Mourinho, for in June 2005 for meeting in a London hotel without Arsenal's knowledge.

Cole's relationship with the Gunners became strained and in promotional material for his new book the defender criticised the club for making him a "scapegoat" over the tapping-up affair.

Then this week Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he wanted the saga resolved within a week.

Mourinho followed up by saying: "It is in their hands and we have to wait. If we have no solution about him in a couple of days, we turn the corner and we see other faces."

Chelsea currently have just one recognised left-back in their squad, in the shape of Wayne Bridge, although William Gallas can play there assuming he resolved his own dispute with the west London club.

source: bbc.co.uk/sport

Fuck sake. Somebody else better bid for him.

I don't get it, Chelsea will pay £20m+ for Drogba, Wright-Phillips, Essien and almost £20m for Carvalho, but the best left back in the world isn't worth maybe near £30m?

Stupid Chelsea cunts.

I dunno what to make of all this Cole stuff. I mean, if he doesn't want to be at the club, we should sell him. On the other hand it's good to see Arsenal aren't selling themselves short just because he wants to throw his toys out the pram. We need to protect our own investments and have every right to demand the money we want for him.

Arsène Wenger has steadfastly denied making a bid for anyone, including Franck Ribery.

The 23-year-old Marseille winger is the latest name to be linked with a move to Arsenal. For the second time in two days, Wenger has utterly refuted suggestions he was tracking the French World Cup star.

“I can say one thing,” he said after the 3-0 victory at Dinamo Zagreb. “I have not made a bid for Frank Ribery, I categorically deny that. I have not made a bid for anybody. So I can say 'no' for every name you put forward.

“Will I? Frankly, I do not know. It depends if somebody goes or not but even if somebody goes it is not sure I will make a bid for anybody. If you look at the players we have left at home tonight it is quite impressive - Henry, Ljungberg, Walcott.

"I am not going to add players to the team just to be spectacular.”

Edited by TheArsenal