Arsenal Thread

TMM

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaggy isn't a makeshift keeper, well makeshift in the sense that if Kenny gets hurt he's the only one to go in but he's still a good keeper.

Sheffy beating Arsenal was the best chirstmas present I could ask for, as Sheffy are my first team. Manc being the second. :P

Guest muddatrucker

Yeah, once again Aliadiere showed that his existance is pointless, shit game, shit result but that team didn't deserve it and I'm glad it reflected in the result, now to do something about it.

Well from the outset it looked like our tactics were to contain them and absorb any attacks they wanted to try and then look for the best times to hit them on the counter attack. For the 10-15 minutes after their goal it looked like they could go on to equalise but a fantastic game of football in the end.

The first half an hour was quite boring, really. But then it all kicked off and got interesting. The second half was quality.

Tactically, Wenger 6 - 0 Benitez. But on the pitch, it didn't quite go down like that ¬_¬

However, this match did prove two things:

1, Arsenal don't need Henry as much as Henry thinks Arsenal need Henry. He was transparent for the entire first half, and I still can't think of anything he actually did other than score the third, ultimately superfluous, goal. (What a goal it was though!)

2, You miss Fabregas. Not really in terms of quality, you still played well today. But in terms of the way Arsenal play, it's utterly different without him. It felt like an Olympic relay team without a third man, so the second man had to do two laps before passing it on.

Just back from the pub after watching the game and the difference in quality between Arsenal and Liverpool was alarming, think it shows when Arsenal are on form they can beat anyone easily(even their second string) and I hate Arsenal and that's coming from someone who hates Arsenal.

Edited by ku3002ynnoJ