Arsenal Thread

TMM

It would be kind of funny/ironic seing Kuyt in an Arsenal shirt. Arsenal fans and players alike spent years hating on RVN, yet they'd be getting his identical clone :P

And Buffon would cost 15 million if relegated apparently, so I don't know about that either.

Kuyt isn't QUITE as ugly as RVN...and has more talent. :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

Kuyt and RVN are pretty much identical players. They both stand up front and wait to kicks balls into an empty net. They're both selfish, they're both kinda twats too. Only difference is that RVN seems like a nicer guy than Kuyt does and that's saying a lot. And that Kuyt's offdays are worse.

It'd be kinda funny seeing Kuyt at Arsenal too, given that he doesn't really mesh with the way the team play. They'd be better off signing Saviola IMO.

Kuyt and RVN are pretty much identical players. They both stand up front and wait to kicks balls into an empty net. They're both selfish, they're both kinda twats too. Only difference is that RVN seems like a nicer guy than Kuyt does and that's saying a lot. And that Kuyt's offdays are worse.

It'd be kinda funny seeing Kuyt at Arsenal too, given that he doesn't really mesh with the way the team play. They'd be better off signing Saviola IMO.

Saviola would probably end up being another Reyes. No strength whatsoever, and falling over at every opportunity. That said, he is a much, much better player than Kuyt and Adebayor so I would like him to sign as long as he gets some strength.

Guest dez10dez

Saviola would probably end up being another Reyes. No strength whatsoever, and falling over at every opportunity. That said, he is a much, much better player than Kuyt and Adebayor so I would like him to sign as long as he gets some strength.

Fifa has cleared Arsenal of any breach of club ownership rules over their dealings with Belgian side Beveren.

BBC Newsnight said Belgian police found Arsenal made an irregular £1m payment to Beveren - a charge the club denied.

Fifa asked the Football Association to look into the allegation and it absolved Arsenal of any wrongdoing.

And Fifa will not take the matter further, saying: "There is no evidence or indication of any infringement of the relevant regulations."

Arsenal always maintained the £1m payment to Beveren was by way of a loan "to assist in stabilising the finances of Beveren" and vehemently denied having a controlling influence over the club.

The FA earlier found the Gunners had not breached any rules of the FA or the FA Premier League in relation to their dealings with Beveren.

The Fifa statement backed up these findings.

It read: "After carefully analysing the documents and statements provided by the Football Association in relation to an alleged breach of club ownership rules by Arsenal and Belgian club Beveren, Fifa confirmed there is no evidence or indication of any infringement of the relevant regulations.

"The FA had already reached the same conclusion, having been requested by Fifa to investigate the case.

"Under the Fifa statutes, it is the responsibility of the member associations to ensure that neither a natural nor a legal person exercises control over more than one club whenever the integrity of any match or competition could be jeopardised.

"In view of these findings, Fifa does not see any reason for further investigation or for any additional measures to be taken in this connection."

Premier League rules prohibit clubs making loans or owning shares but these rules do not apply to dealings with a club based outside England.

The Gunners have an arrangement with the Belgium club to play friendly matches and there is an option for players to be loaned between the clubs.

Ivory Coast defender Emmanuel Eboue moved to Arsenal following a successful spell with the Belgian team.

So, with World Cup nearly over, transfer news is coming in fast.

Pavel Nedved has come out and said Buffon is leaving Juve, my god what a signing that would be if he joins us. I don't see any other big teams who need a goalkeeper at the moment apart from us Milan and Barcelona.

Another rumour going round London at the minute is that we are about to spend £20 pus million on someone and people seem to think it could be either Torres and Tevez.

We are also linked with a Mexican defender, don't remember the name though, I think he is a left back.

I think Ashley Cole is pretty much certain to join Chelski.

Apparently Fabregas will wear number 4 next year too and Rosicky has the number 7 shirt. And the new away shirt looks great.

Pavel Nedved has come out and said Buffon is leaving Juve, my god what a signing that would be if he joins us. I don't see any other big teams who need a goalkeeper at the moment apart from us Milan and Barcelona.

Another rumour going round London at the minute is that we are about to spend £20 pus million on someone and people seem to think it could be either Torres and Tevez.

We are also linked with a Mexican defender, don't remember the name though, I think he is a left back.

Apparently Fabregas will wear number 4 next year too and Rosicky has the number 7 shirt. And the new away shirt looks great.

Gunners say goodbye to defender Sol Campbell

Sol Campbell today confirmed that he has decided to depart Arsenal in search of a fresh challenge. Campbell, who made 197 appearances for the Club scoring 11 goals, has been a key figure in the team’s success story since his arrival in 2001. During his five seasons at Arsenal he has won five major trophies.

Campbell said: “After much consideration, I have taken the decision to leave Arsenal.

“I have spent five fantastic, trophy-filled seasons at the Club, with many truly memorable moments, including winning the Premiership title in 2004 by remaining unbeaten for the entire campaign. So, it is with a sense of pride, achievement and the desire for a fresh challenge that I depart. Playing abroad is something that would really interest me but at the moment I am keeping all of my options open.

“I would like to thank: Arsène Wenger for everything he has done for me; the world class players that I have been privileged to play alongside and accomplish so much; everyone behind the scenes, from the directors to the staff and lastly but by no means least, to the fans. You have been a constant source of warm-spirited support for which I am truly grateful.

“I'd like to thank everyone associated with the Club for the wonderful memories and wish the team the best of luck in the future.”

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Sol has been a giant for us since his arrival in 2001. His desire and presence have been instrumental to our success over the past five years, but we respect his decision to move on and of course, we are very sorry to see him go.

“Sol was at the heart of our defence and he will take away with him many fantastic memories, which he richly deserves. Winning two Premiership titles, three FA Cups and scoring in the Champions League final against Barcelona will surely be highlights he will treasure. He also excelled for England, playing in six consecutive international tournaments since 1998, three of which were during his time at Arsenal. Indeed Sol’s international record is outstanding. He was named in the official All Star Team of the Tournament for the World Cup in 2002 as well as Euro 2004 - accolades that very few share.

“I would like to thank Sol for his tremendous contribution. His commitment, stature and strength of character have served us remarkably well, both individually and as a team player who captained the side. I know that the younger players, who have progressed here over recent times, have benefited hugely from playing alongside Sol. Everyone at the Club wishes Sol all the best for the future.”

Arsenal Statistics: Apps Goals

League 133+2 8

F.A. Cup 19 2

Champions League 39 1

League Cup 2

Community Shield 2

TOTAL 195+2 11

Silverware: League Champions 2002, 2004

F.A. Cup Winners 2002, 2003, 2005

Community Shield 2002

England: 69 appearances, 1 goal.

International Tournaments: Euro 1996, 2000 and 2004. World Cup 1998, 2002 and 2006. Sol was voted into the FIFA All Star Squad of the Tournament in the 1998 World Cup. He bettered that by featuring in the All Star Team of the Tournament in 2002 and UEFA Team of the Tournament in Euro 2004

Just felt like adding this. Next season players will be changing numbers:

Fabregas will be 4

Senderos will be 6

Toure will be 5

Rosicky will be 7

Arsenal full-back Ashley Cole has heavily criticised the Gunners in the promotional material for his new book.

The 25-year-old was punished by the Premier League for an illegal meeting with Chelsea last season.

Cole subsequently signed a new deal with Arsenal but has now revealed his anger at how the club handled the fall out surrounding his Chelsea meeting.

"Arsenal hung me out to dry, using me as a scapegoat to get back at Chelsea," he is quoted in The Sun as saying.

"The board 'rewarded' me with an insult and threw years of loyalty back in my face.

"I'll reveal the shattering truth about who fed me to the sharks. It changed my view forever on the club I regarded as family."

I just really wish he'd either fuck right off or come out in tomorrow's paper and proclaim his love for the club and sign a long-term contract, because I've lost every ounce of respect for that ungreatful prat.

Best left-back in the world by a country-mile, but I don't want him at Arsenal any longer.

I echo the statement above.

He is a class A cunt and can fuck off to Chelsea, I don't give a shit anymore, how can he say we hung him out to dry when he went meeting with another team behind our backs? Not like we could defend him, we gave him a wage rise to £60,000 a week as well, which we shouldn't have done.

I'd be perfectly happy with Clichy and Flamini at left back next year.