Jim Bowen has died

FLiam

Given the fact that the steel industry is going through a similar thing to our coal industry during Bullseyes run more fool them. Jim's gift for being sympathetic to out of work miners can't be understated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Jim's gift for being sympathetic to out of work miners can't be understated. 

And to at-large serial killers. :shifty:

I can still never get my head around how Bowen was only in his 40s and 50s for the entire run of Bullseye. He seemed 70 then.

2 hours ago, Skummy said:

And to at-large serial killers. :shifty:

I can still never get my head around how Bowen was only in his 40s and 50s for the entire run of Bullseye. He seemed 70 then.

He seems like one of those blokes that looked 70 when they were 30 but then didn't age for 50 years.

My housemate and I have a habit of going to the pub then coming back and watching re-runs of Bullseye on Challenge TV. We admired how easily Bowen seemed to be able to build a rapport with guests and just have a chat. And yet, didn't mess around, no pauses and artificial ways of trying to build tension, he just got on with the show. If Bullseye were hosted by anyone else it'd be half as long again.

Anyway, this was sad news. R.I.P.

• Like 1