Best OST

MDK

Inspired by a pseudo-Barney in WhatsApp:

What is your favourite soundtrack to a film or a game?

The Matrix OST is absolutely banging.

Obviously the first THPS and the second one, which introduced me to Consumed and Dub Pistols, has to be in the list.

Crazy Taxi... Bad Religion and The Offspring. Say no more.

I've been listening to the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack a lot lately, so that's one I'd pick. All the Metal Gear games have great music too. I'll also occasionally listen to the Street Fighter 2 tracks because they're so catchy and memorable.

As for films, Blade Runner is one that springs to mind. I actually think the film itself is really corny, but the set design and slightly unsettling, yet pleasantly understated music means it punches well above its weight.

I like those creepy synth ones from the 70s and 80s. Like Scarface (don’t like the film though) or Clockwork Orange (don’t like that either).

The Lord of the Rings soundtrack is great too. Some wonderful over the top leitmotifs there, it works so well.

I used to play in an orchestra and we always had a load of film music in our repertoire because lots of people knew them. Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park and the old western movies are ones that I remember being fun to play.

3 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The whole soundtrack was perfect. I’ll listen to it now and automatically feel tense. 

I watched a YT video of it and all of the chords are going up but there are three of them. So it sounds like it is always going "Up".

50 minutes ago, Toe said:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan has an amazing soundtrack. In fact, most of the Star Trek movies and TV shows have great soundtracks.

Well, II and III are basically the same soundtrack, since James Horner did both. 

While they may be shitty movies, Krull, Flash Gordon, Dune and Highlander have some pretty great scores and soundtracks. (Krull also being done by James Horner, same years as Star Trek II :shifty: ) . 

Trainspotting, The Beach or Grosse Pointe Blank for licenced songs.

28 Days Later or Sunshine for original (John Murphy both, with Underworld for Sunshine).

Videogame: Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Lots of Daughter, Foals...lots of other great bands and then some really well picked other tracks too like this one right at the start.

• Like 1