World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Finally got my Hunter to 78 last night. Actually dinged doing one of the new Argent Tourney quests - the kill 8 Icecrown Scourge one. Ran Halls of Lightning and Violet Hold before I headed to do a few of those Tourney quests. Unfortunately, I didn't see any equipment upgrades on the AH that were worth a damn, and I really need a new bow and belt. I can probably make 80 without having to replace the rest of my gear. One of the bosses in Utgarde Pinnacle can drop a bow that would make a good upgrade. (I *can* use guns, but I prefer bows, and I refuse to use a crossbow on principle)

I rolled need on a gun that dropped in HoL (and shoved it in the bank) and won the greed roll on a leather belt I put up for sale in the AH, but VH was bad; I lost the roll on an item that dropped that sells for over 2k in the AH, and all the other loot that dropped was Paladin gear.

I'm also trying to see if I can make money on my Shaman again; for a while I was making decent money buying moth eggs in the Exodar and selling them at jacked up rates, but people started undercutting me at a rate that was unacceptable for me to keep trying to sell. Looks like the prices have gone back up a decent enough amount for me to start selling again. I put up 5 eggs (2 white, 2 blue, 1 yellow) on the AH as a test run.

(My DK is probably going to be my money maker, since he does Mining; he's currently doing Thorium for skill-ups, but I'm on the starting end of Thorium so I can't mine all types of Thorium veins yet.)

Still haven't installed WoW on the new computer yet. I decided to wait a while.

(Btw, one reason I don't want to use a gun is because bullets cost a lot more than arrows; I can buy 200 arrows for around 6g 2s to 6g 8s depending on who is selling, but the same amount of bullets would cost me over 10g more if I bought 1000 of each)

Edited by GhostMachine

Any of you guys that play paladin having issues with your auras? I SWEAR in the patch notes for 3.1 it says that "auras persist through death", but I noticed a few days ago that they.. aren't. I was doing Naxx-10 with my guild and after the first time I died, I noticed my auras aren't persisting through death at all. I'm wondering if it's a known issue, if the patch note was incorrect, or what. Thinking when the servers come back up after maintenance I'll put in a ticket about it and see if I can't get a GM to tell me what's up.

EDIT: From the patch 3.1.1 notes:

We have made it so player cannot attack additional quest giver NPCs at the Argent Tournament.

Yessss. I hope this means what I think it means. The past week I've seen people that, instead of doing the jousting dailies properly, would just group up with someone and initiate the joust, while their group member stayed unmounted and DPSed the enemy valiant/aspirant/champion. I thought it was incredibly cheap, and took the fun out of the jousts - and showed that some people are so bad at the game that they need help for something so easy (and, honestly, really fuckin' fun).

Edited by Cloudy The Lariat Hansen

I wouldn't be surprised if the Paladin auras were bugged. I encountered a Tab targeting bug last night, and I wasn't the only one affected: I did another HoL run last night (I got another piece of armor I sold in the AH, but I forget what it was; think it was a bracer or pants) and another player and I had the same problem; we were cleaning out the elementals before the Volkhan fight and whenever we used Tab to target, it was targeting the Slags on the floor below instead of the elementals on the same floor as us. On the plus side, this was a much better group than I had when I did HoL the other night.

Tried to do UP the night before, but we only got half the dungeon done We got the first two bosses down but couldn't get past Skadi the Ruthless because the healer was having lag problems and eventually quit on us (after about 5 or 6 wipes on Skadi, but one of those wipes was the tank's fault, not the healer's), and we couldn't find a replacement. I couldn't get a group for UP last night, and I'd rather do it or the Oculus than another HoL run.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Paladin auras were bugged.

I know they were when 3.1 went live, and had to be hotfixed. You could have two auras on at a time, so I'd see paladins running around with Ret aura and Crusader on. Similarly, Hunter aspects were bugged - I watched my brother play his and he had two Aspects on at the same time. It got hotfixed too.

I know they were when 3.1 went live, and had to be hotfixed. You could have two auras on at a time, so I'd see paladins running around with Ret aura and Crusader on. Similarly, Hunter aspects were bugged - I watched my brother play his and he had two Aspects on at the same time. It got hotfixed too.

Yeah, I saw that on my Hunter. There was also a tracking error too wher, basically, it would track humanoids on top of whatever you were tracking (eg Beasts). It came in handy for the day or so it was on (Y)

EDIT: Got my Hunter to 76 now but I'm not too enthralled with ZulD'rak at all, and Scholazar is, whilst not awful, seemingly a poor man's Un'Gorro so far. I wish there was another damned zone for the 7high 75 - low 77 range that I could do. I don't really want to go to the 77+ zones yet, 'cos if I can ding 80 as early as possible then I'll still have original quest content available for gold rather than spamming dailys.

Edited by DFF/WFS

Unless the auras and aspects were hotfixed quick, I assume the aspects were fixed before the auras were, because I never had two aspects up at the same time.

One Paladin change I'm glad of? Blessing of Kings being turned back into a spell rather than a talent. When it was a talent I kept having a problem on my Paladin where the talent point I used on it would be unspent whenever I logged in - but strangely the talent pts spent to improve it were still spent - and I'd have to spend it on the talent again. I finally got fed up with it and paid to respec then put the talent points into something else. (Now my Paladin doesn't have it at all, because its a lvl 20 spell and he is lvl 19, but I don't really care since I don't play him that much right now)

Unless the auras and aspects were hotfixed quick, I assume the aspects were fixed before the auras were, because I never had two aspects up at the same time.

I dunno, I noticed my auras bugging out before my brother noticed his aspects bugging. They were probably hotfixed at the same time.

Got my Hunter to 76 now but I'm not too enthralled with ZulD'rak at all, and Scholazar is, whilst not awful, seemingly a poor man's Un'Gorro so far.

I looooved Zul'Drak, but y'know, Paladin. Undead killing is kind of my strong point, so. There's that. Sholazar is also awesome, way better than Un'Goro - and I won't lie, I'm saying that partially because it's my favourite spot to farm for ore. At any given time when I'm doing my Frenzyheart dailies there, I can find 3-4 nodes without even trying. Usually Saronite, but a few times I've hit the jackpot and found sweet, sweet Titanium.

The only problem I have with Sholazar has to do with the factions. They really should have given the Frenzyhearts something comparable to the Mysterious Egg the Oracles have. You can get a mount from the egg if you're lucky enough, while the jar turns into potions or booze. NO comparison.

Forgot to mention: I'm also glad they dumped the triage quest for First Aid.

The only problem I have with Sholazar has to do with the factions. They really should have given the Frenzyhearts something comparable to the Mysterious Egg the Oracles have. You can get a mount from the egg if you're lucky enough, while the jar turns into potions or booze. NO comparison.

Forgot to mention: I'm also glad they dumped the triage quest for First Aid.

Is that the one where you had to triage friendly soldiers as they spawned? I loved that one..

So.. Paladins got a ninja-nerf in 3.1.1. I don't PVP so it's not really a huge issue for me, but now "Exorcism is no longer usable on players". GC says it's because "extensive testing" showed that it was too powerful (extensive testing? we've had a week with the new patch. Seriously?), and he's saying that Blizzard wants to make Paladins more fun to play - not just a class that has to press 3 or 4 buttons depending on the situation. This I can support, and even though I don't PVP I don't like being ninja-nerfed like that. At least put it in the patch notes, don't just go *new patch* "o btw can't use Exorcism on players ne more ya'll!"

EDIT: And apparently the design team isn't even on the same page. :/ Two of the people on GC's team have been claiming that Exorcism being unusable on players is a "bug" and that they're "scrambling to fix it". Gee.

Edited by Cloudy The Lariat Hansen

Man, Noblegarden is proving a biiiiiiitch. I'm only one achievement away from getting the meta-achievement, and that's "Shake Your Bunny-Maker". Finding female dwarves is a PITA.

• 2 weeks later...

Noblegarden was so-so. All I cared about getting was the spring rabbit pet on my main character and my Horde mage, and the Polymorph Rabbit tome on that mage (which he won't be able to use anytime soon, so its in the bank), and getting the rabbit was a bitch on my Hunter. My mage got the pet twice within 40 eggs, but my Hunter had to collect the 100 eggs needed to buy it, and got all the other items except the tuxedo parts in the eggs he was finding leading up to that. I collected a few eggs on my Alliance DK (I also have a Horde DK on a different server - my Alliance one is Unholy, my Horde frost).

I've been doing Wintergrasp some, and its been fairly fun except the first time I did it. We got owned fast, due to people being stupid. But yesterday we won and I spent the last few minutes just lobbing rockets because we had them owned so much there was no point in doing anything else - they tried a really dumb desperation move - attacking one wall with all their siege vehicles at the same time - I don't mean one wall as in the whole wall, but one particular section, and their vehicles were getting wiped out fast. Today we lost and it was mostly due to us focusing too much on beating up the Horde attacking the fort and not defending the actual fort. We lost with around 4 and a half minutes left. I spent most of the time manning a cannon on the SE wall and controlling a catapult and demolisher.

Due to some cheap crap going on, I think they either need to remove the fishing daily from Wintergrasp or make it so the side that doesn't control it is teleported out when they lose and can't even enter when the actual event isn't going on. There was an asshole Troll Rogue attacking people doing the fishing daily yesterday (while they were actually fishing), and he was even ambushing people at the flight path. He eventually got smacked around when the word got out and he ended up getting gang raped by people who flew in to deal with him. I was fishing at the time but had Detect Invisibility cast on me by a Warlock I knew, so I Hunter Marked his ass when he tried to run, and I almost wish I had a `piss on corpse' emote.

From my experience I automatically hate Troll Rogues, because the majority of Horde asshats I've ever run into happen to be Troll Rogues, though I've run into some Forsaken ones who have been right up there - and I have a Forsaken Rogue, myself (but he's inactive and may be deleted; I hate the server he is on, and the name was already taken on the RP server my Tauren DK is on or I'd just re-create him there; he's only 12ish, so it wouldn't be a big deal)

Edited by GhostMachine

Someone RAF with me on the Frostwolf server (Alliance side), because holy shit I forgot how utterly fucking boring levelling is.

I still do. Same characters, same servers. I play Horde on Maelstrom US as a blood elf paladin (Aleindria) and I play Alliance on Frostwolf US as a death knight (Israfael).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've taken to PVPing because I have no other goals in-game, and if I don't have any I lose interest. Previously goal was to attain the Crusader title, did that, so now I'm trying to get a full set of PVP gear together. I've got Deadly gauntlets, Deadly cloak, Hateful shoulders and a bunch of crafted Savage Saronite I'm trying to replace. I'm lucky in that on Maelstrom, when we do Wintergrasp we usually win - regardless of whether we're attacking or defending. The Alliance has only successfully defended WG 18 times, compared to the Horde's nearly 500 so that's awesome.

But man, BGs are still in a pain in the ass. I had the worst string of BGs ever tonight - did a Warsong Gulch where it was 50% Maelstrom (my server), 100% terrible. I was the only one trying to defend the flag while their whole team rushed into the flag room, and when someone picked up the Alliance flag no one gave the flag runner any support. None whatsoever. I tried to run the flag and got as far as our tunnel before their whole team stomped me.

Then I did a bunch of unsatisfying Arathi Basin matches where we got stomped by a team that was Ulduar/Furious Gladiator geared. For the majority of the matches they just camped our graveyard. And a Strand of the Ancients that was the same way, with largely the same group of people. Tonight's not been my night as far as BGs go.

On the bright side, though, I'm only a couple thousand honor away from getting my Deadly Gladiator bracers and about 25k honor from my Medallion of the Horde (I'm still using the level 70 version).

tl;dr - NEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

Edited by Dr. Cloudy Venkman

• 3 weeks later...