1 BElf Rogue

Wildhammer

Alliance:

14 Dwarf Warrior

7 Dranei Shaman

6 NElf Druid

4 Human Paladin

2 Gnome Mage

As my Hunter generally levels, I do feel the urge to level one or two of my alts. Think I'll go with the Pally. Also, when the new patch comes out allowing DK-rolling on any server (so long as you have 1 lvl55 guy somewhere) I'll be rolling a DK on Wildhammer. Not sure which race though. What do people think? Dwarves seemed a decent prospect with the stone-form racial.

On European servers (obviously) I have:

Aerie Peak

Horde:

68 Tauren Hunter

59 Tauren Death Knight

11 BElf Paladin

11 Orc Warrior

10 BElf Warlock

8 Undead Mage

3 Undead Priest

3 Tauren Druid

1 Troll Shaman

1 BElf Rogue

Wildhammer

Alliance:

14 Dwarf Warrior

7 Dranei Shaman

6 NElf Druid

4 Human Paladin

2 Gnome Mage

As my Hunter generally levels, I do feel the urge to level one or two of my alts. Think I'll go with the Pally. Also, when the new patch comes out allowing DK-rolling on any server (so long as you have 1 lvl55 guy somewhere) I'll be rolling a DK on Wildhammer. Not sure which race though. What do people think? Dwarves seemed a decent prospect with the stone-form racial.

Dwarf would be a good choice. I don't know about the servers you play on, but on Whisperwind most of the DKs I see are Draenei. Someone told me most Horde DKs on there are BE or Tauren.

On European servers (obviously) I have:

Aerie Peak

Horde:

68 Tauren Hunter

59 Tauren Death Knight

11 BElf Paladin

11 Orc Warrior

10 BElf Warlock

8 Undead Mage

3 Undead Priest

3 Tauren Druid

1 Troll Shaman

1 BElf Rogue

Wildhammer

Alliance:

14 Dwarf Warrior

7 Dranei Shaman

6 NElf Druid

4 Human Paladin

2 Gnome Mage

Dwarf would be a good choice. I don't know about the servers you play on, but on Whisperwind most of the DKs I see are Draenei. Someone told me most Horde DKs on there are BE or Tauren.

Cheers, yeah, I may go Dwarf.

As for Aerie Peak I do see a fair few Tauren/BElf DK's, with Orcs close behind. I found that its a combination of how they look (all three of the above look quite 'bad ass') as well as useful racial ability. e.g. For me, the Tauren's stomp is one of the most useful abilities in the game - got me out of many sticky-a-situation.

Just a brief little rant:

FUCK CROSSBOWS!

Seriously. Why the hell are there so damned many crossbows in the game yet no hunter (or anyone else) in the game starts out with them as their ranged weapon and anyone who wants to use them has to go train to be able to? It seems to me that there are more guns and crossbows than there are actual bows. The guns I can live with, but crossbows outnumbering bows is bullshit.

My main character is a NE Hunter, and do you know why I made a NE Hunter in the first place? Archery. I had a Ranger alt I was trying to level up when I quit playing Everquest, and Archery was one of my favorite things about that game. So I don't care about guns and don't give a damn about crossbows. In fact, I refuse to even use crossbows on principle.

The next expansion (if there is one), I hope they add an assload of bows - and exactly ONE crossbow - that's damned hard to get.

Suggestion I've mentioned before in-game, and some people have agreed with me: add some bows that can be made using tradeskills to the game, but don't make them made by Engineering - or at least not fully; make them made by Leatherworking, since ancient bows did have leather as components, with maybe some parts made by Blacksmithing or Engineering required for the combine.

P.S. William Tell was a wuss!

As for Aerie Peak I do see a fair few Tauren/BElf DK's, with Orcs close behind. I found that its a combination of how they look (all three of the above look quite 'bad ass')

I don't know about Tauren, but blood elves and orcs have some pretty awesome DK skins. Blood elves in particular have one that makes them look sort of like a Fel blood elf or one of the Princes (Prince Keleseth from Utgarde Keep, Taladram from The Old Kingdom etc.)

Also, some tier 8 models:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=32357.0 Rogue and Warlock T8 looks fucking awesome. Rogue especially.

Edited by Mr. Cloud DiBiase

One thing I'm wondering about DKs and 3.0.8:

They're adding new skins and facial features for DKs - something that should have already been in the initial WoTLK launch, quite frankly.

Will those of us who already have DKs be screwed and have to live with what they already look like, or will we get a free character modification so we can change our DK's appearance?

They're not adding any new skins. Blizzard erased that from the patch notes and explained that the new skins have always been in, they're just making them more accessible now. For example, the blood elf skin I was talking about earlier - you could only have that skin if you chose a certain face option for your DK, and a lot of people didn't know about that.

So I doubt anyone's going to get to remodel their DK for free.

Grrr.

So I activated the WotLK 10-day trial on my account, but the download won't work - it says there's not enough space on my drive. Well, my D: partition (where the file is, and where I install all apps and games) has 68gB free; it only requires 6 to install (pffft, only...), so I'm assuming it's trying to install to the C: drive, which is just fucking lazy programming tbh. But anyway... that won't work.

So today I renewed my subscription, but the trial counts as a payment so the credit card payment won't go through until the trial runs out. Fair enough.

Here's the best bit; since my account has been activated for the WotLK trial, when I log in it expects me to be playing WotLK, so it throws up an error, because it can't find WotLK installed.

So basically I can't even play the Burning Crusade content for ten days. Wah.

Have emailed the support dudes, so hopefully it'll be sorted soon... This isn't an anti-Blizzard rant or anything, it's my own fault really (although Blizzard SHOULD have made their trial downloader work properly...), just wanted to vent :shifty:

Oh yeah, and it's Friday, so I probably won't get an answer until Monday. Woooo.

Edit: Oooh, I've found an alternative download thing on the wow-europe site. Looking good so far, although according to my calculations (the downloader doesn't bother to tell me...) it'll take 13 hours. So... yeah...

Edit: Huzzah, success! Now, to check out all this cool new shit...

Edited by Farmer Reil

• 3 weeks later...

New patch, able to create DKs on any realm. Imo we all roll DKs on a server and play together. ¬_¬ I am rolling an Alliance (gasp~) DK on Frostwolf US to play with some friends, though.

Seriously. Why the hell are there so damned many crossbows in the game yet no hunter (or anyone else) in the game starts out with them as their ranged weapon and anyone who wants to use them has to go train to be able to?

Draino hunters start with them.

Onto LK thoughts...

Well, the first major complaint is about the damn trial. The LK trial has a cap of level 70; meaning my mage is literally just 1xp away from 71. So, there's Friday wasted.

A lot of people complain about Death Knights being way OP. I disagree. After leveling a squishy when WoW was actually hard, all I can say is "WOOT PAYBACK :w00t: "

Now, since I'm assuming most of us here have toons over 55, if anyone wants to roll on server, I suggest Borean Tundra (US); it's brand new, ripe for the picking. And no transfers.

Which UKers on here actually play WoW? Most here seem to be from the States.

Seriously. Why the hell are there so damned many crossbows in the game yet no hunter (or anyone else) in the game starts out with them as their ranged weapon and anyone who wants to use them has to go train to be able to?

Draino hunters start with them.

Onto LK thoughts...

Well, the first major complaint is about the damn trial. The LK trial has a cap of level 70; meaning my mage is literally just 1xp away from 71. So, there's Friday wasted.

A lot of people complain about Death Knights being way OP. I disagree. After leveling a squishy when WoW was actually hard, all I can say is "WOOT PAYBACK :w00t: "

Now, since I'm assuming most of us here have toons over 55, if anyone wants to roll on server, I suggest Borean Tundra (US); it's brand new, ripe for the picking. And no transfers.

1. Didn't know Draenei Hunters start with crossbows, but even so it doesn't make sense that there are more good crossbows than regular bows in the game, since before TBC no one started out able to use crossbows while Night Elf and Troll Hunters start with bows. (Don't BE and Orc Hunters start with it, too?) So I repeat: FUCK CROSSBOWS!

2. It makes sense that you can't hit 71 on a LK trial, because if you did hit 71 then decided not to buy the actual expansion, you probably wouldn't be able to access your character.

3. I've heard DKs actually even out around 70. I wouldn't know for sure, since mine is at lvl 65 right now; I haven't been playing him much, and I haven't played WoW much in the past few weeks - I did do Halls of Stone on my main a few days ago, and that's about the only thing worth note I've done since around the 3rd. However, I've seen some Frost DKs handle some mobs that would give Warriors trouble, and my DK can solo a yellow con elite if I have the ghoul out and use the Bone Shield power. (My DK is Unholy, so I have perma-Ghoul)

They're doing a DK nerf today that I think has to be for PvP reasons; they're reducing the time you turn into a ghoul when defeated (if you have the talent) from 45 seconds down to....25, I think? You really can't do much in that 45 seconds; the few times I've been defeated and gone ghoul I pretty much hit one or two attacks then the explode button. I'm guessing the nerf is to make it harder for a team of DKs to all gang up as ghouls and do a group explode, which would be pretty nasty.

4. Don't know about starting a character on Borean Tundra, but I did transfer one of my characters to the new Garrosh server when they were doing free transfers. (However, its a character I rarely use and I mainly did it to free a slot on Whisperwind)

Edited by GhostMachine

I'm not too worried about the DK nerf, I'm not a fan of the Ghoul, I'm specced Frost right now and loving every minute of it.

If it was a nerf to Obliterate, then I'd cry.

And yeah, some quests are starting to become just a little bit more difficult (questing in Terorkar at the moment), but I'm not expecting too much trouble.

I play WoW occasionally. I didn't bother making a fuss because both of the servers you play on are 'Normal' servers, and Normal servers sucking fuck. :shifty: If you fancy rolling on a PVPRP (or PVP) server, I'd be up for it though.

Not sure about PVPRP, but I'd be willing to try PVP. Which servers do normally roll on and what do you have thus far? I could easily roll a DK after patch 3.0.8 if you have high(ish) characters, etc.