World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Sylvanas' fate:

(datamined voice lines for the end of the current patch's campaign)

Spoiler

https://www.wowhead.com/news/zereth-mortis-campaign-epilogue-judgment-datamined-voice-lines-spoilers-326449

Tyrande: The prisoner is in my charge now.
Tyrande: Below lies the Maw. Every Soul lost in its depths, betrayed or condemned, you should find and send forth to the Arbiter. You will toil there under Dori'thur's watchful eye. This is how you shall bring renewal to your victims. <Darnassian>, old friend. Watch her well.
Pelagos: The time for your judgment is at hand.
Sylvanas: My actions were mine alone and I accept their consequences and I do not expect your mercy.
Tyrande: But it can never erase all you have done. Until there is peace for the souls of your victims.
Tyrande: Bring her.
Tyrande: An unjust fate to which you doomed so many. And it will be there that your penance begins. To be judged with the compassion all souls deserve. Scouring every darkened reach until the final soul is free and you are all that remains and my people.

Pretty much exactly what I thought was going to happen. Tyrande's "judgment" is just "hey you have to stay in the Shadowlands / in the Maw now". Meh. Whatever.

The last actual raid of this tier took 18 days to fall. That's the longest since Cataclysm raids and it took it's toll on the teams. I think a lot of them loved the actual raid but the personal loot rule instituted in this expansion was probably the worst thing they could have done for the race.

On 23/03/2022 at 09:23, Serpenticloud said:

Sylvanas' fate:

(datamined voice lines for the end of the current patch's campaign)

Reveal hidden contents

Meh. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/03/2022 at 23:28, Mick said:

Meh. 

That's my response to this.

I imagine the core elements aren't going to change (Dracthyr, Dragonriding, etc) but I always wonder during these expansion reveals how many of the systems and ideas Blizzard says are coming won't see the light of day. 

It's also kinda funny (and sadly expected, given the lawsuits etc.) that a lot of the changes they're promising are things players have complained about or pointed out as flawed system for quite some time now. Professions should have been revamped ages ago and people have been calling for it for quite some time. And, true to Blizzard, none of them will admit that negative player feedback has anything to do with any revamps or anything, it's always "internally, we came to the conclusion that..." BS. Like oh, really? Take the Covenant system for example -- people hated it since the Shadowlands Alpha! and Blizzard stuck by it up until they didn't at the end of the expansion and went "after testing it, we've decided the system was flawed". You think?!

Dracthyr sound neat but Dragonriding sounds like a ballache. The last thing I want from flying is "let's make mini-games out of it", but that's just me. 

All in all, it seems like it could be a neat expansion, but a flashy cinematic and dangling a bunch of carrots in front of me ain't getting me to come back. Maybe further down the line, after the expansion's been released, patched, and the fuckfaces like Kotick are well and truly gone, I might try it. But it isn't a launch day buy for me, which is a first ever since I got into WoW back with Burning Crusade. 

Well, to me, the problem is that Blizzard should have kept building on what was there as opposed to removing or revamping things. Talent trees could provide a large degree of uniqueness, even in the face of optimum builds. Yeah, they had stuff that wasn't exactly practical (Warrior weapon specializations), but it was a lot fun. I really liked Inscription for the extra flavor it added - they had to fuck with that and make it purely cosmetic. Death Knights in Wrath had the wonderful ability to tank or DPS in any spec and be damn good at it. In Mists you had the scenarios, and I loved doing those as opposed to running dungeons. 

But they just kept pushing all this new crap and forgetting about the old stuff. Remember when a garrison was useful? If you set it up right, it was a license to print money! 

So whatever. Just keep fucking with it. Maybe in a year I'll give it another go, only to realize I still don't care about WoW.

• 3 months later...

Season 4 (the final season of this expansion) started today and they brought back old content for Mythic+. The 4 dungeons they added back were voted on and I have to believe that it was voted on by Bots because no human in their right mind would vote to bring back Grimrail Fucking Depot!

• 2 months later...

Totally on a whim I re-subbed today for 6 months after not playing since Cataclysm ish? Having fun with a Worgen Warlock. 

For someone that's been away for literally a decade, any pointer on fun classes to roll with based on the current state of the game? 

On 06/10/2022 at 05:05, DFF said:

Totally on a whim I re-subbed today for 6 months after not playing since Cataclysm ish? Having fun with a Worgen Warlock. 

For someone that's been away for literally a decade, any pointer on fun classes to roll with based on the current state of the game? 

We are one month away from the release of the newest expac which features a new class.

As far as class, it really depends on the content that you plan to do. There are classes that are always strong in raid but suck in Mythic+, and then of course the other way around. I've basically played just about every class in the game except for like Enhancement Shaman and I enjoy a lot of them for different reasons.

Warlock right now is super strong and it doesn't appear to be changing any time soon. The new Evoker class looks super fun but has a real issue with living at the moment. (Who the fuck has ever heard of a paper dragon!)

For me I have the most fun on Ranged and I honestly love pretty much all of the ranged but Hunter was my original love and probably still remains as my favourite though I do plan to play Evoker when it comes out even if they haven't fixed it's horrible defensives. 

Dragonflight Prepatch starts next week. New Class is available on November 15th. Dragonflight officially launches November 28th. First Raid (and the start of my week long vacation) is on December 13th!

Also sometimes video game fans are the worst. So many horrible comments because of the 2 phase Prepatch even though they've done this many times before and it should have been mostly apparent.

22 minutes ago, Mick said:

There's also classic Wrath going on :shifty: 

Nobody cares :shifty: 

But yes, there is also Classic Wrath which a lot of people seem to be enjoying. A lot of the usual retail players are playing it since there isn't a whole lot to do on Retail at the moment. I thought about trying it out because I didn't really play Wrath since the first expansion I ever played was Cataclysm but between Dragonflight coming out soon and trying to get to max level on FFXIV, I just can't invest the time into Wrath.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Blizzard recently released a new spec called Augmentation Evoker, which is the first support style spec the game has ever seen and it has been met with.....well some really mixed reactions. I don't think anyone has been 100% happy with this game since 2004.

32 minutes ago, Draevyn said:

Blizzard recently released a new spec called Augmentation Evoker, which is the first support style spec the game has ever seen and it has been met with.....well some really mixed reactions. I don't think anyone has been 100% happy with this game since 2004.

I was actually 100% happy with the game, all things considered, with Lich King and Mists of Pandaria. Lich King was the height of my raiding. I started playing not too long after Burning Crusade came out (In January of 2007, my dad had started playing it, and he never really made it far at first). So, it caught my eye and I took advantage of the trial offer, put in the CD's :lol:, and rolled Bhramafecius, the Tauren Warrior that I picked because a poop joke seemed appropriate and he had a big fucking mallet. Mallets are fun. SO I WANDERED AROUND BRAMBLESCAR RAVINE until 3 in the fucking morning, not knowing what a Hearthstone was. Eventually I settled in as a Troll Mage, becoming a core member of a raiding guild (that tbh didn't have much luck in BC). Financial difficulty made me give the game up, but luckily just as that was looking down, along came a Lich King beta invite. OOOOH I WAS SO EXCITED TO GET IT. It was fun and amazing! I only farted around with the Death Knight really, but I wanted to play it so bad. Finally, in February I came back, rolled up a new DK on a new RP server, and had a complete blast, getting both my Mage and DK up to T10 gear and some Icecrown lewt. And then came the Cataclysm prepatch....

My reaction was mixed. Cataclysm turned my Arcane Mage into a goddamn gunslinging Fire Mage, like she was an insane pistoler or something. FIREBALL, SCORCH, SCORCH, INSTA PYRO! INSTA PYRO! INSTA PYRO MY GOD THIS IGNITE IS HUGE I'M GONNA KILL ARTHAS ALL BY MYSELF OH GOD THIS BETTER THAN SEX :w00t: I FEEL LIKE A MAD ANGRY GOD!

So that was fun. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, *enters Jim Cornette mode*, you had Blizzard take a beautiful thing that had nothin' fuckin wrong with, people had a lot of fun fuckin' around in the talent tree and coming up with new and exciting builds. I used to run a blood Death Knight, in World of Warcraft, Brian, both tank and DPS specs, and I had a blast. But no, suddenly, instead of a Death Knight being viable as DPS or tank in ANY spec, they had to make blood the exclusive tanking spec. So the DPS went down, and it wasn't fun, and I still have the Death Knight, his name is Sominus, I named him in reference to Howard the Duck, don't judge me, me and the Midnight saw because we were in Mid-South at the time, workin' for Bill Watts, and we had time to kill between the Sunday Matinee and the show that evening, but I digress. But I haven't fuckin' touched him since, except MAYBE to see how much gold he still has on him, if any, and that's where he's gonna fuckin' sit because I put too much time in on him to fuckin' delete, not that I play on that fuckin' server anyway, and I'll be damned if I let someone like that shitstain weasel see Howard the Duck and steal my fuckin' name, thinkin' they're so goddamn clever when all they did was rip it off a movie they saw at their job in a fuckin' video store. Fuck this class, and fuck you Vince Russo for trying to steal my fucking Death Knight's name.

*Exits Cornette Mode*

But yeah, Cataclysm was rife with issues I saw as soon as I began heroics. The problem wasn't that I found them hard. They're heroics, they're supposed to be hard. They were hard in Burning Crusade. But in Lich King, with the welfare epics left and right, you could just AOE the shit out of everything and nuke the living fuck out of the boss and be out in less than ten minutes. I could wake up at nine, poop, eat breakfast, drink coffee, login to Warcraft, get at least my tournament dailies knocked out as well as the heroic random, rub one out, get dressed, and be in my seat for my 11 AM College Algebra class. That's how easy a heroic was. Not the case in Cata. And it wasn't so much me not liking the difficulty (I did, I thought it was about fucking time), but rather other people not. 

So I went away until Mists of Panderia. I didn't really play a monk, instead I leveled up a new Hunter, DK and my Mage, and had so much fun with it. Raiding world bosses! Scenarios! Raid Finder! The Daily hubs! 

Haven't been much of a fan after, though. 

• Like 1

I think this expansion has been one of the best expansions they've done in a long time. It's most certainly not perfect, especially right now as the balance is weird. However, when it comes to balance, unless you're doing the very tip of bleeding edge content, it doesn't matter. It's the community that makes it matter and the community is fucking stupid for the most part.

Take Mythic+ for example, which is my favourite part of this game. To do the absolute cutting edge of Mythic+, you probably need to run a Druid Tank, Augmentation Evoker, Fire Mage, Shadow Priest and Holy Paladin healer. Keep in mind that we're talking the absolute cutting edge which would be +27's, 28s, and 29's. The vast majority of players are not even close to that level and therefore any class is viable, but you still have the morons doing +15's wanting that comp. It's stupid. It's unneeded and it makes the game seem worse than it is.

Then you have the other side of the coin where people will complain when someone doesn't take their Elemental Shaman to a +27. Which I understand. I also understand that it sucks for someone who plays Elemental Shaman but when it comes to MMO's, if you're going to try to be competitive (and again I'm talking pushing the highest content) then you've got to be willing to make the sacrifice and that sacrifice is often having to reroll to whatever the meta is. It's an MMO with a lot of specs. You're never going to have every class be viable and honestly, you shouldn't be shooting for that. If every class was the same, it would be boring as hell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Draevyn said:

I think this expansion has been one of the best expansions they've done in a long time. It's most certainly not perfect, especially right now as the balance is weird. However, when it comes to balance, unless you're doing the very tip of bleeding edge content, it doesn't matter. It's the community that makes it matter and the community is fucking stupid for the most part.

Take Mythic+ for example, which is my favourite part of this game. To do the absolute cutting edge of Mythic+, you probably need to run a Druid Tank, Augmentation Evoker, Fire Mage, Shadow Priest and Holy Paladin healer. Keep in mind that we're talking the absolute cutting edge which would be +27's, 28s, and 29's. The vast majority of players are not even close to that level and therefore any class is viable, but you still have the morons doing +15's wanting that comp. It's stupid. It's unneeded and it makes the game seem worse than it is.

Then you have the other side of the coin where people will complain when someone doesn't take their Elemental Shaman to a +27. Which I understand. I also understand that it sucks for someone who plays Elemental Shaman but when it comes to MMO's, if you're going to try to be competitive (and again I'm talking pushing the highest content) then you've got to be willing to make the sacrifice and that sacrifice is often having to reroll to whatever the meta is. It's an MMO with a lot of specs. You're never going to have every class be viable and honestly, you shouldn't be shooting for that. If every class was the same, it would be boring as hell.

got-gameofthrones.gif

• Haha 1