World of Warcraft

Your Mom

5 hours ago, Forky said:

Yes! People have been calling for this for so long. Especially those who push high keys. Now if they would implement some cool rewards around it, it'd be even better.

Did you read about The Great Push they're doing in a few weeks as well? I enjoy watching the MDI though this years hasn't been all that great but I enjoy watching high key pushing so much more so I'm glad they're doing something like this.

I did! Could be interesting.

Blizzard hasn't said it outright but most people assume Kael'thas got a new voice actor in 9.1 because his original VA, Quinton Flynn, has been accused of sexual harassment by a number of women.

I think most of us have accounts and blah blah blah but if there's anyone interested in playing who hasn't played before, I've generated a Recruit-A-Friend link.

Basically, you sign up using that link, then if you decide to subscribe on a month-to-month basis we both get rewards. The first month we both get a marmoset pet, 2nd month is 30 days of game time, 3rd month is a unique mount, etc. If the person you recruited subscribes for a year (!), there's new rewards for both that person and myself each month. Then after a year is up, if for some reason you're still playing ( >_> ) it's 30 days of game time every 3 months.

I think I'm going to make a return when 9.1 hits and push for keystone master at least. I said that for 9.0 but then I just fell out of love with the game and lost all ambition. But I've never done it before and it'll hopefully push my boundaries of working with people in an online game setting.

My advise is to tank if you don't play a "meta" DPS class. I was spending hours trying to get into groups, let alone playing the game when I played an off-meta DPS. But even as an "off-meta" Tank class I never had to wait long.

9 minutes ago, TKz said:

My advise is to tank if you don't play a "meta" DPS class. I was spending hours trying to get into groups, let alone playing the game when I played an off-meta DPS. But even as an "off-meta" Tank class I never had to wait long.

Yeah that's basically what I do. I've tried to DPS but considering I don't have a lot of friends in the game currently, it makes it hard to do other things. Like I played Mage at the start of the expansion which I enjoyed but then the people I played with kind of disappeared and it's pretty hard to do Torghast and shit as a mage. I can run through it as a tank. I enjoy tanking the most anyway.

• 2 months later...

I haven't really liked this expac much so I haven't played a lot but I just saw the cinematic for the Sanctum of Domination raid. This is even worse drivel than usual.

Spoiler

Sylvanas, spending the first half of the expac serving the Jailer:
Sylvanas, the minute the Jailer says "serve" out loud: I WILL NOT SERVE!!!!!111

Also, no points whatsoever if you guessed that Sylvanas is going to get a redemption arc. Do the writers at Blizzard know how to do any other story beat? It's not just a WoW thing. It's in Overwatch. It's in so many characters. SHE WUZ EVIL BUT NOW SHE IS GOOD (AGAIN). SHE'S SO TORTURED. It reads like a fucking 15 year old goth wrote these stories. 

Let me guess. Now they're going to insist that she has to have a trial, and she's going to be like "sry guys I didn't have a piece of my soul but I do now, so sry!!!" and the Lich King will be like "welp it checks out let's give her another chance"

• 1 month later...

They removed the /spit emote from the game because Asmongold was encouraging his fans to /spit on anyone they saw who had a mount or pet from the Blizzard Store. Also, this one I wasn't aware of until reading a recent Kotaku article, but one of the WoW devs liked a tweet saying that he was part of the reason the community is so toxic (I don't at all disagree), and then someone snitched to Asmongold about it and his fans brigaded the dev, even going so far as to contact them on LinkedIn to harass them. 

I really cannot stand that dude. The whole persona and the "outspokenness" grates on me already, but what really irritates me is that he's like Ninja in the respect that he refuses to be held accountable for encouraging his fans to be absolutely shitheads to people. I feel like he's no more than a bully most of the time, really.

• 5 months later...

Supposedly patch 10.0/the next expansion leaked.

Spoiler

Guy on MMO-Champion who got banned 10 minutes after posting, claims that he's in a "secret Gamedev Discord" and had the scoop. 

The rumor so far: "The Dragon Isles", Azeroth is finally born and is a dragon. Players are tasked with helping her learn how to "dragon", basically, and will be able to reshape the world of Azeroth with a new system called "World Shaping" -- you're meant to be going around fixing a lot of the wounds and scars on the world, etc.

New playable race is supposedly Black Dragons, with the idea being that Wrathion has been secretly training them on the Dragon Isles. They can be all the original WoW classes (warlock, paladin, warrior, etc) and the class trainers are all NPCs who were kidnapped from other parts of the world and brought to the isles to help train these new dragons.

9 hours ago, Forky said:

As long as I don't have to hear Magni go on about "The wound's CHAMPION! THE WOUNDS!" then I'm good.

According to those leaks:

Spoiler

He gets turned into hard diamond / stone / whatever again. Immobilized, etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You get no points if you figured out how Shadowlands ends.

Spoiler

"I'm actually preparing you for an even bigger threat than me! Ha-ha!"

Who cares how it ends as long as it ends. People who thought BFA was bad never thought it could get worse….and then it did….next expansion is announced in April. If it isn’t better than Shadowlands then I’m done for good.