World of Warcraft

Your Mom

• 3 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 7:30 PM, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

I might roll an alliance Druid for Shadowlands if it’s alt friendly. Gives more chances to run M+. Still only running 5’s at the moment but hopefully will be doing at least 10’s next season.

You're on Area 52, right?

9 minutes ago, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

I'm all over the place. My Rogue is on Area 52, and my Mage and Demon Hunter are on Illidan

Ah, I was trying to remember who all I know that's on A52. I think there might be a few other EWBers or maybe it's some other community I'm apart of, I'm not sure. Anyway, my guild is testing the waters on a potential server transfer.

1 minute ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Ah, I was trying to remember who all I know that's on A52. I think there might be a few other EWBers or maybe it's some other community I'm apart of, I'm not sure. Anyway, my guild is testing the waters on a potential server transfer.

Are they alliance or Horde? What server are they currently on?

2 minutes ago, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

Are they alliance or Horde? What server are they currently on?

Horde, on Stormreaver. They're one of the "official" Reddit guilds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/

Stormreaver's population has gone done drastically in BFA so they're looking for a higher pop server. We went from having 7,000 people on the server to 3,000, and from having 41 mythic raiding guilds to only 14.

Area 52, Mal'ganis and Illidan are the 3 biggest for Horde. I've been on all three but the raiders seem to have all gone to Mal'Ganis and Illidan. I don't know if that would open up some potential to get some decent people on Area 52 or not. I came to illidan because one of the streamers that I talk with was forming a Sub Guild but that went to hell so I've thought about transferring all my toons back to Area 52 just because they're a better time zone for me since it's eastern time zone.

4 minutes ago, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

Area 52, Mal'ganis and Illidan are the 3 biggest for Horde. I've been on all three but the raiders seem to have all gone to Mal'Ganis and Illidan. I don't know if that would open up some potential to get some decent people on Area 52 or not. I came to illidan because one of the streamers that I talk with was forming a Sub Guild but that went to hell so I've thought about transferring all my toons back to Area 52 just because they're a better time zone for me since it's eastern time zone.

Yeah, I think the reasoning is because it's harder to recruit on a server with a dying population, but there's less competition in terms of other raiding guilds recruiting on A52 (compared to Illidan etc).

22 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Yeah, I think the reasoning is because it's harder to recruit on a server with a dying population, but there's less competition in terms of other raiding guilds recruiting on A52 (compared to Illidan etc).

How good are they and what classes are they looking for? :shifty: 

1 minute ago, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

How good are they and what classes are they looking for? :shifty: 

Dunno, seems like the raid teams are in flux. We just had a lot of people who were in a heroic raid group transfer away, and at one point in Legion we had something like 2 or 3 mythic raid groups within the guild, a couple heroic groups, and a couple of casual groups. I'm only aware of a heroic and a casual/normal raid group right now.

As far as classes, any class.

I need to find a guild. I mostly like to play M+ but I wouldn't mind doing some casual raiding as well, especially since that's where some of the best gear is. I'd do it more seriously if I saw improvement in myself but I still don't think I'm all that great at the game.

5 minutes ago, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

I need to find a guild. I mostly like to play M+ but I wouldn't mind doing some casual raiding as well, especially since that's where some of the best gear is. I'd do it more seriously if I saw improvement in myself but I still don't think I'm all that great at the game.

Every Friday they have a raid called BoE that's explicitly casual. It's people who can't afford to invest the time into heroic or don't want to, or want to learn the ropes of raiding. I go to those raids because it's a lot more relaxed and low pressure. 

But yeah, as of right now, we're just rolling new characters on A52 to test it out and see how people like it before deciding whether to stay on Stormreaver or do a guild transfer.

2 minutes ago, Mick said:

So we're becoming bosses in Shadowlands. 

I don't know about anyone else but I'm becoming a MFing Vampire! Probably on all my characters except maybe my Mage. I kind of wish they would have used this to give Warlock an interrupt for M+ but maybe they'll do that with the Unpruning.

9 hours ago, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311862/shadowlands-covenant-preview-early-look-at-all-class-covenant-abilities

It's coming @How The Cloud Stole Christ It's coming! I'm very sad that we're like the only two who give a shit but it's coming!

There’s a class changes blog up now too. 

38 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

There’s a class changes blog up now too. 

Yeah I've been completely back and forth on classes this expansion. I swear outside of Shaman I've played them all, including just about every spec and I really need to focus, so I've used these couple of posts to kind of put together what classes I'm going to focus on heading into Shadowlands and for Shadowlands. I figure that I have time to keep two up to date. Possibly three.

With looking at the class updates, I think my safe picks for the content that I like to do are Mage, DH and Rogue. They are the strongest DPS this expansion for M+ and from reading the class updates (unless things change since it's the alpha), I don't see that changing heading into Shadowlands.

I've spent so much time going between classes that I really haven't focused on the content. I've only ever done a handful of dungeons. I've barely stepped into a raid. I need to change that heading into SL and beyond.

You should! You’ve barely scratched the surface. 

Psyched for warriors to get Intervene back, and for poisons to be available to all rogues again.