World of Warcraft

Your Mom

I need to find a regular group of people who like to do Mythic+. That's where my heart is but it takes finding 5 people who enjoy that stuff so that you can learn and improve together. Too many people are all like toxic and of the mind that you should be good from Day 1 and not need to learn.

You're on Area 52, right? I dunno any guilds or people (besides you) on that server. On my server (Stormreaver), we have the official Reddit guild (Karma Horde) and they're all pretty chill about that. Back in Legion I was really reticent about doing mythics and especially mythic+, but I found that a lot of my guildmates were cool - "everyone has to learn sometime", that sort of attitude. 

Yeah I have my Horde characters on Area 52 and my Alliance characters are on Aerie Peak. I get M+ Carries from TMSean of Wildcard Gaming once in awhile but I'd like to be able to learn this shit better to not have to actually be carried through them. I did manage to talk my buddy into rolling a healer while I roll a tank and we're going to kind of level together and learn how to play both. We've pissed off a couple DPSers because we've been taking things slower than people expect in dungeons just to make sure we survive.

If you're the healer and the tank, then fuck 'em. Roll as slowly as you need to, because DPS is expendable. Dime a dozen. That's your warrior, right? 

1 minute ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

If you're the healer and the tank, then fuck 'em. Roll as slowly as you need to, because DPS is expendable. Dime a dozen. That's your warrior, right? 

Yup. My plan is to level a Warrior and a DK for tanking purposes. I've got my Hunter for DPS on Horde and I'm working on leveling an Alliance Boomkin. I really only want to run Mythic+ because Raiding just isn't really for me though I did that a bit with Sean's second guild. I'm just not into it. I'm mainly just doing Transmog stuff and farming for mounts and toys right now on my Hunter since they aren't really good for much of anything lately.

• Like 1

Warrior tanking is fun. Once you get the hang of it, you'll just be running around chain-pulling everything while your DPS go "wait up!"

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8436-Rise-of-Azshara-Content-Preview-Live-Stream

8.2 PTR scheduled for next week. Whooooooooooole lot of new stuff, more than I can post. Heart of Azeroth is getting revamped, new war mode additions, new dungeons, new raids, two new zones, flying unlocked with BFA Pathfinder Part 2, a freaking awesome crab mount!!!!, a freaking awesome motor-wheel mount thingie!!, mount equipment!!, and so much more. I'm ready already.

• Like 1

I was talking about this last night on my stream with a couple viewers (That's right, I had 2 viewers at once...and 3 altogether..thanks Cloudy 😛) and I'm excited for 8.2. I haven't been as disappointed as some people have but for someone who doesn't raid, I do feel like I've got nothing left to do in BFA. I mean there are still mounts to get and pets to get but those are repeatable things that I just have to do a shitload of dungeons. It's not anything new but after watching Taliesen and Evital talk about this last night, I'm very excited for the end game type stuff of BFA.

• Like 2

Nah, I don't remember his username, but he was like "PVP sucks now, WoW sucks, Rogers internet sucks, no one who's any good at the game plays anymore". 

Ohhh Taylor. Funny thing is, I did a PVP match for him just so he could see it. Never PVPed in my life and won the 3vs3. I actually enjoyed it so he might very well be the reason I do a bit more PVP here and there. Plus, he's now talking about coming back to WoW after watching me play last night. I like to inspire more people to return....mainly for my own selfishness so that I can possibly put together a Dungeon team. :shifty:

• Like 1

It's my fault because I roll with War Mode turned on all the time (FIGHT ME YOU COWAAAAAAAAAAAARD!), but it's annoying when you're trying to gear your fresh 120 Paladin and you get ganked by people who have twice the HP you do. <_< Congrats, you can kill a fresh 120! :P

• 3 weeks later...

WoW has reconnected me with someone!

Also, I'm up to ilvl 395 on my Horde warrior and 396 on my Alliance warrior. Feels good.

7 hours ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

WoW has reconnected me with someone!

Also, I'm up to ilvl 395 on my Horde warrior and 396 on my Alliance warrior. Feels good.

....What server? :shifty: 

• 2 weeks later...

That's basically what Mick mentioned above. Todays players (myself included) have no idea what Classic is all about. It's one of the reasons I won't really play it. I played it in Cata and that was bad enough to me. BFA has been bad so far but the QoL things they put in are there for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought about trying to create my own guild and try to get people with like minded ambitions....which is mostly to create a guild that does all content but that's a lot of fucking work. Like I'm not sure how anyone would maintain something like that while also having a job/life.

• Like 1