World of Warcraft

Your Mom

23 hours ago, The Banshee Fork said:

Luckily it only lasted about 20 minutes. How the hell are you at 120 already? I played for a good 5 hours today and I'm only at 113.

I played from launch til 3am, slept 3 hours, got up at 6am, played again until pretty much all day Tuesday and hit 120 around 3:30PM Tuesday afternoon. There are some benefits to working awful hours, namely, that I have a whoooole lot of free time. And BFA's eating up that free time right now.

Just hit ilvl 305 today, the ilvl required to start doing random heroic dungeons. 

57 minutes ago, High Overlord Cloudfang said:

I played from launch til 3am, slept 3 hours, got up at 6am, played again until pretty much all day Tuesday and hit 120 around 3:30PM Tuesday afternoon. There are some benefits to working awful hours, namely, that I have a whoooole lot of free time. And BFA's eating up that free time right now.

Just hit ilvl 305 today, the ilvl required to start doing random heroic dungeons. 

Have you done any Island Expeditions yet? I'm actually intrigued by them, especially since that's where you get a lot of your Azerite.

I'm only like 249 for ilevel so far but I haven't done any normal dungeons yet as I tend to leave those till the weekend when I have more time.

• Like 1

I've done 3 island expeditions. The first one we lost, because we weren't entirely sure what we were doing, and then once we got the hang of it (and one of my guildies looked up a guide..) we won the next 2 we did. 

I saved all my dungeons/dungeon quests until I hit 120. Stopping to do dungeons would have slowed down my leveling a lot >_>

On 16/08/2018 at 23:27, High Overlord Cloudfang said:

I've done 3 island expeditions. The first one we lost, because we weren't entirely sure what we were doing, and then once we got the hang of it (and one of my guildies looked up a guide..) we won the next 2 we did. 

I saved all my dungeons/dungeon quests until I hit 120. Stopping to do dungeons would have slowed down my leveling a lot >_>

120!! Yes, I know I'm slow Cloudy, gawd! I really feel like 10 levels per expac isn't really enough for the amount we play. I know there is tons of stuff I still have left to do but a big part of it (the leveling) now feels like I'm missing it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, High Overlord Cloudfang said:

That's why you level alts :shifty:

That's my plan for tonight and probably the next little while. I decided I need a main for each faction so now that I'm level 110 with my Hunter on Horde, I'm going to level a Warlock on the Alliance side. It plays a lot like a hunter but isn't entirely the same so I think I'll enjoy it. I also need a toon that I can join a guild that isn't just me and two of my buddies so that I can eventually try running some mythic stuff. I got watching a streamer last night that they were featuring on WOW head and he was playing an Affliction Warlock which seemed really damn cool.

11 hours ago, The Banshee Fork said:

How long did it take you to get there? Are you using Heirlooms?

Started back maybe six weeks ago, but really bounced off of the Heirlooms and Garrisons as they were introduced.  I think I prefer just the standard 'go here, kill/gather x of y' experience right now.

Really it just comes down to the inevitable scaling back of games as I've gotten older and had to handle being an adult.

Heirlooms are great because they scale with you. They also provide a bonus in terms of experience that will help you level faster. I'm using them for my Warlock but I'm still taking things slow since I missed a lot of stuff by boosting my hunter.

Adulting sucks. That's why I play WoW. I can come home from work and veg while I play Wow. I can still have conversations with the wife while I play, though she tends to do her own thing throughout the evening as well. It's the glory of not having kids. I can be my own big kid :shifty:

A lot of people say that, Ryuk from Death Note, and Dr. Facilier from Princess & the Frog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi

<_<

Easily my favorite character of the expansion, though. I love his voice lines when you die, and I love questing for him in Nazmir. They really nailed the voice acting.

I personally really like Bajheera. He's a warrior streamer and rank 1 gladiator who focuses mainly on PVP. Towellie and Swifty are good too, Towellie is a paladin and Swifty's a warrior.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=286730/how-scholomance-was-created-learn-more-on-classic-development-in-the-wow-diary

Really cool excerpt from The WoW Diary, a Kickstarter funded book about the development of WoW by John Staats, one of the first 3D Level designers for the game. 

I'll definitely give this a look when I have a bit more time. I always love reading about the inner workings of these sort of things. I think I might even throw some money at it on Kickstarter as I'd like to see the book actually get published.