World of Warcraft

Your Mom

You have to have certain reputations at exalted, then do a short questline that unlocks the Allied Race in question. For example, for Void Elves, you have to be exalted with the Argussian Reach (Argus faction of draenei), then do a little quest chain that unlocks them. For the Nightborne, you have to be exalted with the Nightfallen (Suramar faction) and do a quest chain that unlocks them. Etc. etc.

Yeah I'm probably quite far away from that I assume. I'll have to look once I fire it up in a few minutes. I doubt I'll even be ready for BfA when it gets here since I still want to go back and clear out all the old content since I can solo all of the dungeons now and get the achievements.

I saw that you've been out in Aszuna, are you questing through the Legion zones now that you're 110? I would definitely recommend it, because Legion has some of the best questing in the game imo. And some great story beats.

3 hours ago, Cajun Cloudad said:

I saw that you've been out in Aszuna, are you questing through the Legion zones now that you're 110? I would definitely recommend it, because Legion has some of the best questing in the game imo. And some great story beats.

I've been doing the World Quests at this point and doing any quests that will build my artifact power. Then when I have time I'm trying to go through the story quests for Legion. I'll go back and beat old content later on once I have a lot of the Legion stuff done.

Also @Cajun Cloudad, I just noticed that you messaged me in the App back on the 6th. Sorry about that. I suck at noticing that sometimes. Hell even in game my buddy will be like "I whispered you" and I never even see it.

Yeah, some zones are a bitch and a half without flying.

I got my first 100 million damage BG this morning. Did 101 million damage, had 19 kills and only 1 death. Felt good.

My current flying quest is 

Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two

Explore Broken Shore

Jump to Guide
Explore Broken Shore 37.5%

Legionfall Commander

Jump to Guide
Armies of Legionfall 15.7%

Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One

Jump to Guide
Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One 0.0%

Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One

Broken Isles Explorer

Jump to Guide
Explore Stormheim 10.0%
Explore Suramar 36.4%
Explore Highmountain 78.6%
Explore Val'sharah 84.6%
Explore Azsuna 100.0%

Loremaster of Legion

Jump to GuideView quests in the Profiler
Good Suramaritan 0.0%
Vrykul Story, Bro 0.0%
Ain't No Mountain High Enough 100.0%
Azsuna Matata 100.0%
That's Val'sharah Folks! 100.0%

A Glorious Campaign

Jump to Guide
A Glorious Campaign Incomplete

Variety is the Spice of Life

Jump to Guide
Variety is the Spice of Life Incomplete

Broken Isles Diplomat

Jump to Guide
Valarjar 1.9%
The Nightfallen 4.5%
The Wardens 8.1%
Dreamweavers 40.8%
Highmountain Tribe 59.1%
Court of Farondis

60.5%

I've still got to do the stuff for Draenor flying after this too. I really just want to get it before BfA comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm nerding out a little bit because I got to raid with Bajheera, a fairly well known WoW streamer who has an NPC named after him in-game and, personally, is a big reason that I picked up and started playing warrior in this game. All we did was one LFR boss (Aggramar, in Antorus) but I'm still having some nerd euphoria over getting to raid with him. :P

• Like 2

I thought I hated High Mountain as much as anyone could hate something but I've got to say that I'm even less a fan of Suramar. These quests that I need to do to unlock my flying are annoying as fuck. Especially trying to figure out when you have to be in the city vs when you need to be on the outskirts. I'm sure there is tons of other stuff I'm going to hate but just UGH!

It's interesting to hear a newer player's perspective on Suramar, because I really liked it. I liked the whole overarching story of redeeming the Nightfallen and trying to overthrow a massive, sprawling city like Suramar. 

Just now, Cajun Cloudad said:

It's interesting to hear a newer player's perspective on Suramar, because I really liked it. I liked the whole overarching story of redeeming the Nightfallen and trying to overthrow a massive, sprawling city like Suramar. 

The storyline itself isn't really that bad. My biggest pet peeve is that I get into a spot with all those Disguise detectors and it tends to be a spot that I probably shouldn't be so I end up pulling way too many enemies and get slaughtered. It usually takes a couple of these times before I realize that I don't even need to be anywhere near that spot in order to do what I need to do. So it's mostly on my and not the city, but fuck that, I'm blaming the city! :P

So I'm at a point right now where I need to do some Dungeons and Raids to further my Hunter character too far except that my computer really can't handle Raids right now. I plan to get a new computer in the coming weeks so I'm kind of slowing down on him until I get the new computer. I'll still do some side stuff with him for now just because there's still stuff to do on Argus but this has given me a chance to create some new characters and see what I enjoy playing as.

I've only played the first couple things with a few different characters and I feel like I'm always going to be more of a Ranged weapon kind of guy so Hunters, Warlocks, Shamans and so on. It just gives you more time to develop strategies and it's not all hack and slashing. I don't really ever plan to Tank or Heal unless I get better at the game, which may happen in time so the ranged classes just feel the best to me.

However, I do plan to eventually try to get each character to max level. It'll just be a lot slower going on some of those characters.

Also, it's funny to me but probably nobody else, I have a Pandarian Monk named Kyungpooh! :shifty: 

--------------------

I'm the opposite, @Forever Forky, I much prefer melee classes to ranged. I've leveled one of every class and the ones I always had the biggest pain in the ass with were ranged - mages and warlocks - because I felt so squishy and like I died way more than I do when I play my warrior or my paladin. After a while I developed the "strategy" ( :shifty: ) of leveling with my brother, where one of us would level as melee and the other as ranged. So the last time I leveled a warlock, he was leveling a melee class, so he'd get up in the enemy's face and draw all the aggro while I'd just stand back and cast Chaos Bolts and stuff.

8 hours ago, Cajun Cloudad said:

I'm the opposite, @Forever Forky, I much prefer melee classes to ranged. I've leveled one of every class and the ones I always had the biggest pain in the ass with were ranged - mages and warlocks - because I felt so squishy and like I died way more than I do when I play my warrior or my paladin. After a while I developed the "strategy" ( :shifty: ) of leveling with my brother, where one of us would level as melee and the other as ranged. So the last time I leveled a warlock, he was leveling a melee class, so he'd get up in the enemy's face and draw all the aggro while I'd just stand back and cast Chaos Bolts and stuff.

I think I'm going to level my Paladin up next just so I can get a better feel for the melee class. It was either him or my Warrior but I think I want to leave my Warrior for later. I was going to do Warlock but honestly Warlocks play a lot like Hunter's do from what I'm told and I want something a bit different. My Hunter will always be my main, but it's fun to try different things. The only character I ever played before my Hunter was a Paladin and only till about Level 26 and then I abandoned WOW for years. I hope that doesn't happen this time :shifty: 

So since my computer can barely handle WOW on Graphic settings of like 2, in preparation for Battle For Azeroth coming out I have upgraded.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0747W15QL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While it's not top of the line, it's more than enough to play WOW on like 7 or 8 for settings, and there's room to upgrade it as I go as well.

• 1 month later...

Got my first legendary today from an Emissary Quest with the Court of Farondis. I didn't even realize that I could get them from that. There is still so much that I don't know about this game. It's crazy. I figure I'll be able to do a whole lot more once I have flying. I tried my first Raid that wasn't simply the last phase of Emerald Nightmare, which was the first one called Darkbough. Had no idea what I was doing and our whole raid party got slaughtered by Il'gynoth.

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-patch is live. Went up like a full four hours before Blizzard's estimated time, but people are reporting problems logging in.