World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Same. 

EDIT: 

If you wanna get into WoW but never have before, now's the time. $15 nets you a subscription to the game, as well as every expansion up to Battle For Azeroth, the upcoming expansion. So that's the base game + six expansions for the price of a subscription.

Oh that's just BS! I paid a lot of money for those expansions.

As for the game issues, I still can't get in. I was able to see the opening video for BforA which was awesome but I want to get going so I can get those damn Wakening Essences for my legendaries.

Oh shit, I forgot about the 1000 free Wakening Essences. Basically a free legendary. 

Anyway, appears servers are up and somewhat stable now.

I haven't had a chance to log in yet. :( How are the changes. I might get a half hour before I go to bed tonight to try and play a bit. I like the idea of War Mode mainly so that I can join any server I want and not have to partake in PvP because I hate it.

On 18/07/2018 at 13:30, The Young & The Forkless said:

I haven't had a chance to log in yet. :( How are the changes. I might get a half hour before I go to bed tonight to try and play a bit. I like the idea of War Mode mainly so that I can join any server I want and not have to partake in PvP because I hate it.

So far I've only really played my warrior. It's nice having Victory Rush back for Fury warriors, and Arms and Fury both have some cool new talents like Siegebreaker and Skullsplitter. 

Also, upright orcs are a thing of beauty. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

So far I've only really played my warrior. It's nice having Victory Rush back for Fury warriors, and Arms and Fury both have some cool new talents like Siegebreaker and Skullsplitter. 

Also, upright orcs are a thing of beauty. :wub:

I was able to log on last night for about 30 minutes. Gave me enough time to set up my talent bar again now that I no longer have Titan Strike or Dire Frenzy. I also went and bought my free Legendary, attached a gem and an enchant. I probably won't get a chance to actually try anything in terms of action until tomorrow night after work. I had planned to go to a friends house but I think I'm just gonna go home and play this instead. Hunter is really the only place I'm going to notice changes as I really haven't played much of my other specs.

On 29/04/2018 at 18:50, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

I'm nerding out a little bit because I got to raid with Bajheera, a fairly well known WoW streamer who has an NPC named after him in-game and, personally, is a big reason that I picked up and started playing warrior in this game. All we did was one LFR boss (Aggramar, in Antorus) but I'm still having some nerd euphoria over getting to raid with him. :P

Was doing battlegrounds with some guys I know and we ran into a Bajheera pre-made doing Eye of the Storm. We all kind of geeked out over it, and once we got over the initial "oh shit, Bajheera's on the other team!" feeling, we proceeded to kick ass and take names and beat the Alliance 1500-1300 or so. It was a really fun, competitive game. 

@The Young & The Forkless been experimenting with alts, eh? 

8 minutes ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

Was doing battlegrounds with some guys I know and we ran into a Bajheera pre-made doing Eye of the Storm. We all kind of geeked out over it, and once we got over the initial "oh shit, Bajheera's on the other team!" feeling, we proceeded to kick ass and take names and beat the Alliance 1500-1300 or so. It was a really fun, competitive game. 

@The Young & The Forkless been experimenting with alts, eh? 

Yeah I basically created alts for every class a couple weeks ago but haven't really taken a lot of time to do anything with them because I've been trying to get my Legion flying (which I'm about 3% away from but need Wardens rep). The only thing I feel like I need to do with my Main right now is get my flying and do some Raids which take a lot of time so I thought I'd start trying to level up my Alts.

Right now I'm going back and forth between my Tauren Warrior and my Human Paladin and I'm still not sure which one I'm going to put the most work into first. It'll probably be the Paladin just so I have a character on the Horde (Blood Elf Hunter) and one on the Alliance at a high level for BfA. It's going to take forever to level them up though because I've honestly still got a lot of work to do with my Hunter as far as clearing old content that's character specific and the new stuff that will be coming with BfA. I don't really do PvP though which I feel like this expansion is geared more towards so I may run out of stuff pretty quickly even with a new expansion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

Paladin is a solid choice. My paladin is my 2nd favorite character, behind my warrior.

The biggest thing that stops me is that I'm not big on close range combat. I'm more of a ranged fighter and enjoy that style but I want to be adept at all styles. Honestly, I'd love to be that person who gets involved in guilds and does raids with guilds. I'm not there yet as I'm not confident in my skills in the game yet. I've been playing less than a year when others have been playing this since 2005. I also have an issue with people who rage if you don't know exactly what to do in ever situation when it comes to Raids. I know that people take them seriously but there's a difference between constructive criticism and being a downright ass. I find most people choose the Ass part of things.

It really depends.

On my server (Stormreaver), we have the "official" Reddit Horde guild, and everyone's very friendly and there's a beginner's raid that raids on Friday nights called Board of Education. We've taken in brand new players and showed them the ropes and turned them into competent raiders, and all with no fuss. The person who leads that raid is very patient and forgiving and everyone's aware that it's a "learning" raid group, so there's no raging.

So if you can find a guild on your server that has something similar, you should. Before you join a guild, ask them how they treat new players and if they have a learning raid group or something equivalent to it where they have people willing to teach and be tolerant.

My main dealing with people is from PUG honestly. Most of my Horde characters are all part of the same Guild, which is really just me and two friends with a load of Alts all under one guild. I don't do a lot of socializing in the game because I've never really been a social person. I just have a fear of being shunned if I join another guild. I'm not a fan of rejection...even in WoW. :blush:

I get that. Whenever I'm guildless I'll agonize over joining or applying to guilds because I'm afraid they'll be like "lol no". 

So I wasn't expecting much but honestly, that first drop of content leading to BfA's launch really wasn't much of anything. I was hoping to at least get a piece of gear out of but ah well. I've really got to get some of these raids and dungeons done before I can't queue up for them anymore.

7 hours ago, The Young & The Forkless said:

So I wasn't expecting much but honestly, that first drop of content leading to BfA's launch really wasn't much of anything. I was hoping to at least get a piece of gear out of but ah well. I've really got to get some of these raids and dungeons done before I can't queue up for them anymore.

You've gotta remember there's more coming next week too. But yeah, I agree, it was a little underwhelming. I was mostly underwhelmed by it just kind of.. ending, then unlocking world quests. "We're waiting on Saurfang" *WORLD QUESTS UNLOCKED!* I did get a few bits of gear from those world quests though. Some of it was an upgrade for my Alliance warrior.

3 hours ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

You've gotta remember there's more coming next week too. But yeah, I agree, it was a little underwhelming. I was mostly underwhelmed by it just kind of.. ending, then unlocking world quests. "We're waiting on Saurfang" *WORLD QUESTS UNLOCKED!* I did get a few bits of gear from those world quests though. Some of it was an upgrade for my Alliance warrior.

Oh yeah, there will be more coming right up until BfA is unlocked but it only took about 30-45 minutes to finish the quests and the World ones don't really do anything for me honestly. The only thing that's even remotely worth it in the World Quests last night was the weapon to replace my artifact with but even that would take my "Mastery" down 31 points. So even though all the other stats are higher, they just aren't high enough to warrant my Mastery being that low so I can't even use it.

However, again, it still gives me time to run Legion dungeons and raids since it'll be awhile before they nerf it enough that we can either solo it or do it with 1-3 people.

7 hours ago, Sean O'Game said:

A month in and the only thing driving me mad is how slow it is trying to get Nightfallen to Exalted. I want that Allied Race...

Weirdly they're actually my closest to exalted. I'm probably going to work to unlock all four of them over the next little while. I just got a class hall quest that should finish off my Wardens Revered status which will give me my flying after working like 4 months to get it, which will make clearing these damn world quests much easier. There is just so many of them that look like they're on cliffs or something and I can't figure out how to get to them. Now I'll just be able to fly to them and take them out which should make it so much easier.