The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

It's sketchy for sure .... in terms of Comic storytelling though that's about as good as it gets in terms of forming a "how is that again ?" .... without it being A+B=C of course.

Also, this: http://www.newsarama.com/19974-marvel-stages-a-murder-mystery-in-original-sin-event.html

"The story will run eight issues in four months, and heavily features the old, original Nick Fury"

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

• Like 2

I stopped on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 22 and Ultimate Comics X-Men 25. So Right during Miles' fight with Venom and when Jean made her way into the mutant nation Kitty is leading. How far behind am I and what other Ultimate comics are running? Heard the Ultimate Universe is about to finish and I wanted to get caught up. Where is all the stuff with 616 Galactus happening?

The stuff with Galactus was first glimpsed at in the final issue of Age of Ultron, I believe, when the timestream/multiverse broke. There was a 4 issue series called Hunger that served as a prelude of sorts, and now it's happening on the Cataclysm issues (so far, only Cataclysm 0.01, Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand #1, and Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 have been released, but there will also be a Cataclysm: X-Men and Cataclysm: Ultimates, I believe. Don't know how long these Cataclysm issues will run for).

As for Ultimate Spider-Man, the last issue released was #28 and X-Men was #33.

Mind updating me on what Cataclysm related stuff is out? I find it so freaking hard to keep up.

I stopped on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 22 and Ultimate Comics X-Men 25. So Right during Miles' fight with Venom and when Jean made her way into the mutant nation Kitty is leading. How far behind am I and what other Ultimate comics are running? Heard the Ultimate Universe is about to finish and I wanted to get caught up. Where is all the stuff with 616 Galactus happening?

The stuff with Galactus was first glimpsed at in the final issue of Age of Ultron, I believe, when the timestream/multiverse broke. There was a 4 issue series called Hunger that served as a prelude of sorts, and now it's happening on the Cataclysm issues (so far, only Cataclysm 0.01, Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand #1, and Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 have been released, but there will also be a Cataclysm: X-Men and Cataclysm: Ultimates, I believe. Don't know how long these Cataclysm issues will run for).

As for Ultimate Spider-Man, the last issue released was #28 and X-Men was #33.

Mind updating me on what Cataclysm related stuff is out? I find it so freaking hard to keep up.

Let's see, I believe it's this:

Cataclysm 00.1

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 1-3 (complete)

Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand 1-3

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics The Ultimates 1-2

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics X-Men 1-2

I believe that's all that has come out. Next week Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics The Ultimates 3 (of 3) comes out.

• Like 1

Also the Ultimates line isn't ending - it's being half rebooted with Wave 2 of Marvel NOW.

What a fucking great way to advertise your books, Marvel. I was buying the Ultimate Comic line - until you fucking convinced me it wasn't worth finishing because it was going to end.

There's this little video game store in town that sells comics. Not new comics but comics that people have sold them. I went to look at stuff and saw this.

e06a80cc8ad6ea4c357555f38becde07.jpg

I didn't even look to see how much it was cause I had no cash atm but I want. Awesome cover and from what I've seen it came out around the time I was born. Came out in Oct of 91 and I was born in Sep.

That would be X-Men #1, the best selling comic of all time. Something like 8 million copies sold. Can't imagine they'll be asking that much for it.

Wally West to (FINALLY) make his New 52 debut in Flash Annual #3 along with new Flash creative team.

About damn time. Honestly, I always thought Wally was a better character than Barry, and while Flash has been a good book, IMO, I'm really antecipating Wally's debut.

Also, Superior Spider-Man 25 spoilers:

This is really getting me hyped up for Peter's return! So, at the end of this book, we now know/can hazard a guess:

- Ghost Peter's back, as hinted at during the storyline with Spider-Man 2099;

- The Avengers are now aware that something's REALLY not right with Spider-Man;

- Carlie Cooper is now a Goblin;

- The Goblin King, by saying he was Norman Osborn but refusing to unmask, probably is NOT Norman;

- Ock's ego will really be his downfall.

All in all, I'm kind of torn; while Superior Spider-Man has been a great book, in my view it was always going to be about Ock's downfall and not his redemption, and that's what we're probably going to get. I'd like to see a bit more of Ock as Spidey, but honestly? Can't wait to see how Peter returns and how he'll get his life back on track.

I haven't read any Superior Spider-Man yet as I'm trying to get through my list before I start on newer things but is there any reason why he couldn't keep on being a Spider-Man style hero in his own body? Surely he could rig up some tech in a suit to duplicate Peter's powers.

Well his body is dead, so that's probably handicapping things for him a bit.

I vote conscience inside a robot and a spot on Avengers AI