Buffy the Vampire Slayer to return...

triplexpac

First Look: The new 'Buffy' comic

173745__buffy_l.jpg

From comics she was born, and to comics she shall return: Buffy the Vampire Slayer's post-cancellation adventures will soon begin anew -- penned by Joss Whedon himself -- in the pages of Dark Horse Comics. Here's an exclusive cover image (by artist Georges Jeanty) from issue No. 1. As you can see, she's kept in shape during her hiatus. (Dark Horse will debut No. 1 at Comic-Con this week.)

This isn't Buffy's first foray into comics. And it remains to be seen if it ranks anywhere near Joss Whedon's best foray into comics: the all-too-brief "future slayer" saga Fray, which follows the dystopic advetures of Buffster's 24th-century successor. (Some will persuasively argue that this is Joss' best comics effort. I will counter with a spin move and the old axe-to-the-head. So watch it.)

So what's going on in the extended Buffyverse? Well, you may recall the show ended with the creation of an army of Slayers. Now they're organized, and the tide has turned in favor of the good guys. Ah, but you know how much Whedon hates winners: Soon an "old enemy" surfaces (Dark Horse is cagey on Big Bad's identity), and Dawn starts "experiencing serious growing pains." I hope that means the Scoobies will be fighting a mutant, undead Alan Thicke.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/07/the_new_buffy_c.html

Edited by triplexpac

I'd like to see them do a tiny crossover from the Angel Series Finale and patch up some things that weren't (meant) to be resolved, but it won't happen.

It's wishful thinking, but maybe the onslaught of demons and things in the series finale made Angel transform into Angelus somehow. Like Wolfram & Hart did something to Angel, and Angelus is back.

Like I said, wishful thinking. I just want my Angel back. :(

Yeah, I'm hoping they'll have a crossover with Angel too, Or maybe they'll have a Angel comic someday?

I'd be cool to see Connor show up some fashion in the Buffy world. (Y)

There has been an Angel comic actually. Although not done by Whedon.

This is gonna be purely awesome. Although if Astonishing X-Men's regularity is anything to go in, there'll be a new issue every two months!

There are only two names that come to mind when thinking of great enemies.

1. The Master -- Of course, he was taken out by one slayer, but what if he reached his max power as was alluded to in the Wish episode.

2. Glory -- Glory was never officially killed, just Ben. I'm thinking a god could definitely go toe to toe with an army.

Edited by TMo

1. The Master -- Of course, he was taken out by one slayer, but what if he reached his max power as was alluded to in the Wish episode.

2. Glory -- Glory was never officially killed, just Ben. I'm thinking a god could definitely go toe to toe with an army.

The Master wouldn't be able to come back due to Buffy taking a sledgehammer to his skeleton. They've already done the whole "Master come back" thing and it was stopped before it happened.

The point was that Glory would die if Ben was ever killed. This was explained in the show with Xander sayign soemthing like "We can kill Ben, right? We can kill an ordinary guy. I mean, I know he's an innocent, but he's not Dawn innocent."

All I can say is that there'd better be some god damned Spike in this.

Honestly? I don't want to see Spike anywhere near Buffy because he lost all of his cool in seasons six and seven and then got it all back when he went on Angel.

Honestly? I don't want to see Spike anywhere near Buffy because he lost all of his cool in seasons six and seven and then got it all back when he went on Angel.

Exactly... would make for a very interesting reunion.

Exactly... would make for a very interesting reunion.

Maybe. Or he'd just lose all of his cool again as even in Angel the mention of the name "Buffy" would turn him into an angsty punk.

Plus then Whedon would have to properly resolve the ending to Angel.