The Anime Thread

Ruki

Are there any decent new slice-of-life shows out this season? I feel like watching some and as much as I love Azumanga Daioh, I want to try something new.

Are there any decent new slice-of-life shows out this season? I feel like watching some and as much as I love Azumanga Daioh, I want to try something new.

Nichijou.

Nichijou.

Nichijou.

Nichijou.

I change my mind....Kokoro Connect. And then Nichijou.

• Like 1

Cloudy: Also try looking into Tamako Market (slice of life anime that involves a talking bird who's looking for a princess bride for his prince, and in the process lands in a market community and gets sucked into their life for months while he becomes obese off of their mochi) and Kotoura-san (slice of life anime involving a psychic high schooler and her tortured past, overcoming said past and trying to accept her new life with new friends... I swear, I only call it slice of life because it's been that way since the second episode, because that first episode is the saddest fucking intro to an anime I've seen in ages).

Those are the two Lorina and I are following at the moment, anyway. Kotoura-san's a bit rough style-wise in that the animation quality is awful, but again... the first episode grabs you hard and the rest have been entertaining enough to keep us following it. Tamako Market on the other hand not only has one of the cutest intros I've seen, but the anime follows on that light-hearted nature completely... it's about as friggin' innocent as Ponyo, and that's saying something.

Nichijou.

Nichijou.

I change my mind....Kokoro Connect. And then Nichijou.

I changed my mind. School Days.

Thoughts on Shaman King? I remember it use to be my favorite thing in Shonen Jump but that was ages ago when SJ copies were still massive, not skinny as hell. Thinking about giving the manga go again as this GBA game I'm playing reminded me how much I like the idea.

I know nothing of the anime.

So I just watched Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning. The first half of the film is pretty much an amalgamation of the first two episodes of the series so there's nothing much new there and then we get a bit of an insight into Kotetsu and Barnaby's weird relationship at the start as the team try to capture a bad guy. Okay so there isn't much new stuff and I think The Rising - the next film in a year - will be much, much better but it's always nice to see the gang again and the like so it wasn't too bad.

Thanks.. and Thanks again!

I hate when I'm reading a Manga and my brain can't come up with a voice from someone. Right now I'm reading My favorite running manga, Mysterious Girlfriend X and it's just annoying that 75 chapters in I still haven't thought of a voice I've heard that fits Urabe.

Yeah; the last couple seasons have disapointed me. Sword Art was a very cool concept, until they started that whole "Here's someone interesting now watch them die" bit, and I fell behind on Robotics;Notes. I wanted to watch To Love-Ru Darkness, but the censorship of that show has just totally ruined it for me :( .

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-23/part-of-future-diary-redial-manga-to-be-published-in-march

Mirai Nikki: Redial (which is the story of the 3rd world) is about to get published. If this is preceding a possible sequel then I'm going to flip shit.