The Anime Thread

Ruki

So, I'm starting up another attempt on FMA: Brotherhood. And what I'm thinking during the first episode is, having read the manga...

Holy shit, wonderful foreshadowing of certain things!

There are plenty of places online to watch Kai. Most places that have DBZ have Kai as well.

Also

149468_384136528348328_1156736538_n.jpg

Dragon Ball, as a franchise, is something it's really better just to read then actually watch. 400 some odd episodes versus two days of reading manga. Winner manga :shifty:

(The manga also has considerably more fan service :shifty: )

There are plenty of places online to watch Kai. Most places that have DBZ have Kai as well.

Also

[img=https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/149468_384136528348328_1156736538_n.jpg]

I figured that if I was going to watch it online I might as well watch the original.

Original as in Dragon Ball or as in the DBZ that isn't Kai? Any way, DBZ doesn't seem that long when you're watching episode after episode. Watching it on TV would be a pain in the ass though. I rather drop the fucking 120 bucks on the DVD sets then watch it on a one episode every weekday schedule.

Kirkland, it would take damn near six days of non-stop viewing (meaning no sleep breaks) to cover it from Dragon Ball through Dragon Ball Z; this doesn't include Dragon Ball Z GT, assuming 20 minutes an episode.

:shifty:

That's why I normally start on the Piccolo Jr saga of DB if I want to watch through. GT doesn't count. GT is extra viewing if you just want a Dragon Ball fix and have gone through the rest recently.

Also

[img=https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/149468_384136528348328_1156736538_n.jpg]

I figured that if I was going to watch it online I might as well watch the original.

Original as in Dragon Ball or as in the DBZ that isn't Kai? Any way, DBZ doesn't seem that long when you're watching episode after episode. Watching it on TV would be a pain in the ass though. I rather drop the fucking 120 bucks on the DVD sets then watch it on a one episode every weekday schedule.

Original as in Dragon Ball. After someone (you, I think?) mentioned it, it got stuck in my head.

I don't recall seeing Goku's penis this much when I originally watched Dragon Ball >_<

Ah yes, young Goku's complete innocence.

Bulma: I'm looking for the Dragon Balls!

Goku: ...You mean some poor dragon...?

And then, when Goku lifts the covers on a sleeping Bulma and accidentally cops a feel:

Goku: ...No balls! Bulma, wake up, your balls are missing!

In this season 3 episode of Slayers it seems like they're trying to say all natural(non-monster) Dragons are good and don't do anything bad. It's not like that was disprooven in the 2nd or so episode of the first season when a black dragon goes batshit on a village and Lina has to kill it or in the one where a water dragon(Drag Queen) is destroying ships to abduct the men. Maybe they'll clear it up later by specifying Golden Dragons are all good since that's the race of the character saying this but right now it just seems a little dumb without the specification . Still love the show but that was annoying

Edit:Oh and Lina's signature spell, The Dragon Slave was named such because it was used to slay a fucking Dragon!

Ok after some wiki reading apparently "The Dragon Race" isn't the same as "Dragons". That doesn't quite explain why she's insisting a legend that a Dragon demolished a town and was stopped by a hero had to be some misunderstanding but I guess it kinda clears things up a tad bit. I'm just going to take it as she's never seen a "Dragon" but only her people of "The Dragon Race".

So right now it's looking like Durarara followed by Mysterious Girlfriend X followed by Nichijou followed by Haruhi followed by Elfen Lied. This is a very rough draft as I've only bothered looking for one of these on any of the Synctube acceptable sites at the moment. Would anyone be opposed to Dragon Ball? Ive seen Z a thousand times over but the same can't be said about just Dragon Ball.

annnd this is pretty much a failure because dailymotion is being fucking weird.