The Anime Thread

Ruki

I've decided on my next full watch through

I've seen most but that was years ago.Best part is it's streaming on Funimation's site.

Gah, Slayers. I don't know why I watched the entire series. It wasn't very good, it was long, and pretty predicable.

I like it. It's fun. One thing I really like is how even though he's supposed to be dumb, Gourry doesn't come off as over the top I've been beaten in the head with a rock dumb like alot of anime characters. Only bit that's bothered me a bit is that Gourry thought Lina was a little girl for the first half of the first episode but still commented on the size of her tits two or three times during that time.

Best thing.

Also, we all know DBZ had a ridiculous opening when it was dubbed as opposed to the best two OPs of all time (WE GOTTA POWAHHHHH), but didn't Sailor Moon also have a really bad opening theme too with its dub? It's been years, but I feel like they took the rhythm of the original opening and just had someone sing over it saying "She is the one called Sailor Moon, she is the one called Sailor Moon" like over and over.

Sailor Moon had a great theme :angry:

I've met people who can't recall a single episode but know that song.

• Like 1

While we're on this, what is everyone's favorite anime intro or outro? Intro is hard for me to say, it's between Slayers, Angel Beats and Outlaw Star. Outro is defo the first Inuyasha one with 'My Will' I just love that song to death and the visual aspect of it is great too. Right below that is the Rurouni Kenshin Heart of Sword outro for the same reasons.

So, would anyone be interested in something like Maxx's TGIF but with a weekly anime block instead of old sitcoms and game shows?

Well, if anyone who's interested could maybe suggest a show or two and say what day they think is best then I might try setting something up.

Some shows I've been meaning to watch: Durarara, Ben-To, Galaxy Angel, School Rumble, The World Only God Knows and a bunch of others.

Days...M-F, would have to be after 7pm est. Saturday early afternoon usually works for me.

Late on weekdays would be the only time that works for me, like after 8pm. Weekends are hit or miss, I usually do schoolwork during the day and go places in the evening.

Anyway, I've been meaning to watch Durarara but it's on CR and I get it in 1080p since I'm a paying customer. So it'd be fun to watch with you guys but it's not like I don't have an outlet for it otherwise. Other shows I've been meaning to watch are One Outs, Kaiji, Haibane Renmei, Nichijou, and I've yet to watch the Madoka movies and I feel criminal having not watched them.

For me I'm thinking the best time would be Tuesday or Wednesday night. I'm not really a day person when it comes to watching stuff.

As far as shows I'm thinking of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu,Mysterious Girlfriend X,Elfen Lied and School Days. Only one I'm dead set on though is Mysterious Girlfriend X as that's my favorite running manga.