The Anime Thread

Ruki

I've heard mixed things about Btooom! How does it stack up to something like Accel World?

Also, now that it's completed I'm going through the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. Very good thus far, big improvement over the 13-episode anime from a decade ago which was just average.

I'm about 6 episodes in (it's 12 or 13)...it's a lot darker than Accel World, that's for sure. The main character starts off as a complete bag of dicks, but slowly gets better. I would say it's more like Battle Royale with bombs. They even have a person come up on screen and explain everything! Also, there are rape/near rape scenes in the second episode, and that kinda made me feel uncomfortable...

From what I understand, it doesn't include the Buu saga though, and that was my favourite :(

Really? According to the wiki, the Majin Buu saga is in the manga though? I mean, unless it cuts out parts of it... I'm fairly sure it's all in there though, so it wouldn't make sense not to include it?

I've heard mixed things about Btooom! How does it stack up to something like Accel World?

Also, now that it's completed I'm going through the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. Very good thus far, big improvement over the 13-episode anime from a decade ago which was just average.

I'm about 6 episodes in (it's 12 or 13)...it's a lot darker than Accel World, that's for sure. The main character starts off as a complete bag of dicks, but slowly gets better. I would say it's more like Battle Royale with bombs. They even have a person come up on screen and explain everything! Also, there are rape/near rape scenes in the second episode, and that kinda made me feel uncomfortable...

Yeah, rape scenes are hit or miss, it depends on the object of the scene. Too many times they're just thrown in for the purpose of having a "rape scene" and not because the character would logically be the type of person to do that. Let me know your overall feelings once you finish it.

Also, I just got through episode 11 of Psycho-Pass. If you aren't watching this, you should. If you've ever liked any cyberpunk or dystopia stories it's worth a watch, not the best of them by any means but really good and some episodes are fucking fantastic.

Yeah, rape scenes are hit or miss, it depends on the object of the scene. Too many times they're just thrown in for the purpose of having a "rape scene" and not because the character would logically be the type of person to do that. Let me know your overall feelings once you finish it.

Also, I just got through episode 11 of Psycho-Pass. If you aren't watching this, you should. If you've ever liked any cyberpunk or dystopia stories it's worth a watch, not the best of them by any means but really good and some episodes are fucking fantastic.

Will do. I likely have a super slow afternoon, so I might be able to get an episode or two in.

Will do. I likely have a super slow afternoon, so I might be able to get an episode or two in.

It's on Hulu, and licensed by Funimation so probably on their website as well.

Canadians can't get Hulu, I think?

And just watching episode 7 now. Opening theme is still wonderful. And the only thing that I dislike is the romantic plot that will eventually be coming up...

Seriously...why would they get married in a game? That would be like getting married in Call of Duty!

From what I understand, it doesn't include the Buu saga though, and that was my favourite :(

Really? According to the wiki, the Majin Buu saga is in the manga though? I mean, unless it cuts out parts of it... I'm fairly sure it's all in there though, so it wouldn't make sense not to include it?

The Majin Buu saga is in the manga, trust me. Benji's talking about Dragon Ball Z Kai, which does end after the Cell Games. HOWEVER: They are planning to do the Buu saga.

Take that for what you want.

The Majin Buu saga is in the manga, trust me. Benji's talking about Dragon Ball Z Kai, which does end after the Cell Games. HOWEVER: They are planning to do the Buu saga.

Take that for what you want.

God I hope that they pick a decent voice for adult Gohan cause odds are this will be the cast that works on Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods when it's dubbed. Aside from the fact that Bruce Faulconer's music isn't used, Kid Gohan's horrible voice is probably my biggest gripe with Kai.

And just finished Btooom. It's not the most amazing/epic anime in the world, but it certainly isn't terrible. And at only 12 episodes, it's worth the watch, I think.

But be warned, it seems this is only season 1. Because it kind of left off at a shitty place, and things are unresolved with at least two other characters.

And just finished Btooom. It's not the most amazing/epic anime in the world, but it certainly isn't terrible. And at only 12 episodes, it's worth the watch, I think.

But be warned, it seems this is only season 1. Because it kind of left off at a shitty place, and things are unresolved with at least two other characters.

Guess if you want more you'll have to read the manga. I'm watching the show now, seeing how it goes.

Just watching episode 14 of Kokoro Connect. I missed this show <3

Although I don't remember Balloon Vine (maybe a name changed because it is a different sub group?)

Aww, Aoki was told he was the most useless of the group.

Although I don't remember Balloon Vine (maybe a name changed because it is a different sub group?)

Balloon Vine is a direct translation for Heartseed. Also, hoping to watch some of Michi Random tonight. It's been out for too long for me not to have watched any of the 4 episodes yet.

Balloon Vine is a direct translation for Heartseed. Also, hoping to watch some of Michi Random tonight. It's been out for too long for me not to have watched any of the 4 episodes yet.

Is it? Cool. Thanks!