The Anime Thread

Ruki

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Dai 2-ki looks like it could be promising. Wasn't huge on the fan service (extended butt shot in the preview), but hopefully it's a case of "few and far between". Minami-ke and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai too. There's actually a couple of decent looking comedies there slated for January.

Watching the preview, looks like it might be fun! I like the art style and character models. Minus the fan service and the overly huge tits. might be worth a watch on January 11th! Also don't mind the look of Minami-Ke.

Doesn't seem like much in the way of action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy though (at least not any with any previews) coming soon. But in April? Suisei no Gatgantia looks interesting...the art style is beautiful though. That looks like movie quality. Apparently 'The World Only God Knows' is getting a third season...I have the first two downloaded, but haven't even watched a single episode.

There is a show where it says the genre? Mahjong. Amazing.

Tiger and Bunny is getting a movie! :o And Steins; Gate!!!! And Blue Exorcist.

After I finish this next season of Doctor Who (two episodes in), I've decided I am going to watch something from my anime back log or off of Netflix (american. Yay!). Any suggestions?

Also? Was there an episode of Robotics;Note this week?

Woah, woah woah! How have I not heard of Btooom! ? That sounds awesome!

Edit: Also tempted to watch Tower Of Druaga again. While not mindblowing, it is a pretty good anime with great opening music. I suggest you all watch it! Two seasons, 12 episodes each.

Only thing coming out that I'll watch for sure is the 4th season of Minami-ke. It would seem that Fall 2011 through the end of Summer 2012 was remarkably special regarding anime.

Mirai Nikki and Kokoro Connect were both great, I will give you that.

Accel World was pretty good (minus the slump in the middle).

Fate was alright ,didn't really hook me.

Never watched Ben-To. What's that one about?

Also, has there been any word about a second season for Accel or Kokoro?

I've not seen it, however, reading up on it makes it sound like it could be decent. It doesn't have the best score on MAL, but for 12 episodes you could finish it in a little around 5 hours. I'd say give it a shot.

Also, I tried picking up SAO again since I figure I might as well try to get through it. Does it pick up ever or does it stick to just standard anime conventions the entire series?

I watched all of Sword Art Online and it wasn't too bad - I did prefer the second half to the first half but I'm not sure you'll like it if you didn't like the first half. ALFheim section was more interesting to me, more characters and the like but they all follow pretty much the standard convention.

Only one show that seems to interest me for Winter and I forgot it's name. I'll have Robotics; Note, Psycho Pass and Zetsuen no Tempest to watch as well at least - and however long Uchuu Kyoudai has left in it (it's still absolutely amazing even now..).

May give me a chance to watch some older stuff and get back to watching more Gundam. I want the whole timelines covered by the end of 2013.

Also Ben-To is good. It's nothing ground breaking and it's not really an amazing story but the anime is good, the characters are decent enough and the concept is so crazy it's entertaining so it's worth watching. Only 13 episodes too..

It's not insufferable by any means, the animation is pretty and makes up for alot, it just feels overwhelmingly average. Like something that would be fine to get through if I had time as it was airing, but watching after it's wrapped up is hard when I get dedicate that time to other shows. Conventional is fine, I just don't usually like to devote my time to conventional shows when there are much better ones out there.

Depends then, I don't think there is anything in the second half that would make you change your opinion of it much from the first half, but winter season is coming and there isn't usually much good so maybe a chance to get it watched if you're inclined.