The Anime Thread

Ruki

Yeah it's intended to be the last 4 episodes of the series but since it's really hard to find a network to air a 17-episode series they opted to release them separately. Agreed that it's one of the better series to come around recently. Still have to get through these last 4 episodes though, but I've heard good things.

So for all of us with MAL accounts, I finally was shown something that fixes the most glaring hole on the entire website. A proper recommendations formula. Well, someone put together a site that only does just that.

http://sma.keyanifans.com

Awesome! My top 5 recommendations are Durarara, Angel Beats, Eureka Seven (I tried watching that when I was in highschool, didn't care for it), Toaru Majutsu no Index (whatever the hell that is) and Bleach.

And just watched the latest episodes of Robotics;Note, seems things are finally starting to hit the fan.

My top 5 from that site:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Soul Eater
Gintama

Damnit, Gintama is like 200 episodes :(

You should do Madoka first!!

And Kirkland, I thought Angel Beats was pretty good. It's got a lot of unique parts to it, though it winds up with a weak ending. I feel like it's one of those shows that does a lot of things well, but nothing exceptionally. Definitely worth the watch though. Hope you enjoy what you have left to watch.

I also had Durarara! in my top 5. Ruki, would you be down for a belated simulcast?

I've been told by people who picked up Gintama late that they would find themselves going through 13-15 episodes on some days. It's a show that is easy to watch through quickly. There's also more seasons after the original 200. It's number 1 on MAL's top anime list for a good reason I'm told.

And as for Robotics;Notes. It took half the series, but shit is getting real.

You should do Madoka first!!

And Kirkland, I thought Angel Beats was pretty good. It's got a lot of unique parts to it, though it winds up with a weak ending. I feel like it's one of those shows that does a lot of things well, but nothing exceptionally. Definitely worth the watch though. Hope you enjoy what you have left to watch.

I also had Durarara! in my top 5. Ruki, would you be down for a belated simulcast?

I've been told by people who picked up Gintama late that they would find themselves going through 13-15 episodes on some days. It's a show that is easy to watch through quickly. There's also more seasons after the original 200. It's number 1 on MAL's top anime list for a good reason I'm told.

And as for Robotics;Notes. It took half the series, but shit is getting real.

Oh I finished it a looong time ago. I just said that because it was on Ruki's recommendations list.

It's one of the best I've seen on Netflix streaming. In fact I think the only anime Netflix offers that I've seen that I liked more was Clannad.

Also

http://www.csicon.net/new-sailor-moon-anime-coming-in-2013/

New Sailor moon. My cousin is the biggest Sailor Moon fan so I know she'll be going nuts over this. I've always really liked Sailor Moon as it and DBZ are the first two anime shows I remember seeing.

And I got around to the MAL thing posted. Top 5 recommendations were

Fruits Basket(I should like it but I don't)

Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood(Ugh)

Full Metal Alchemist(Ugh)

Bleach(Alright but I haven't watched Bleach in years now)

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu(This looks very,very interesting)