The Anime Thread

Ruki

Darker Than Black sounds interesting. Outside of that though, a lot of those are things I've checked out in the past that didn't appeal. If they've been pretty hugely popular over the last decade or so, chances are I tried it out. (Bebop, Evangelion ect.) I'm more interested in stuff that's going to have some fun action to it than just flat out comedy.

Some of my suggestions, in addition to what Ruki said:

--Outlaw Star

--Code Geass

Outlaw Star would be good, that's both comedy and action (and a personal favorite). Haruhi Suzumiya is great as well, though that's less action oriented, but it has a fantastic plot.

Some of my suggestions, in addition to what Ruki said:

--Outlaw Star

--Code Geass

Outlaw Star would be good, that's both comedy and action (and a personal favorite). Haruhi Suzumiya is great as well, though that's less action oriented, but it has a fantastic plot.

He doesn't like mech, so Code Geass might not be a good choice.

This kind of shithead! I dunno. Gundam and all that just bored the crap out of me. I always preferred my heroes with their own super powers, rather than fighting in big ol' suits.

In Code Geass he does have his own super power....he uses his power to make people do his bidding. in giant robots.

Merry Christmas indeed Animers!

I'm all caught up on Robotics;Note - loving it, so Steins;Gate'y it's brilliant. Also I would recommend Psycho Pass to anyone at a loose end for a currently running show. Half way through the series, it's about a futuristic time where the mere thought of crime makes you a target for enforcement. Detectives are highly knowledgeable people who have enforcers - who are 'latent criminals' - to help them. It's been the surprise show of the season for me, I didn't expect anything from it and watched it on a whim but it may be my favourite show at the moment. It's awesome.

Psycho Pass and Robotics; Note are probably my two favourite from this season. Both about 11 episodes through.

K and Code: Breaker are 13 episode series coming to an end, K started well but is a bit confusing lately so I'm not sure what's going on entirely. Code: Breaker I'm really enjoying but at 13 episodes it's typically feeling a bit rushed for the type of show it is - I'm enjoying it though.

Watching FMA Brotherhood for the first time at the moment... But then I've read the mangas, so it's not new to me. Stokerina hasn't though, so it's fun to watch with her (am wondering how surprised she'll be when they reveal who Pride is - she was certainly surprised by how quickly they revealed Wrath :shifty:).

Currently only about a third of the way through, but loved how they cut out so much of the faff that filled the first half of the original FMA run (i.e. before they started making stuff up) and kept it boiled down to hard plot. Must have got through about 26 episodes' worth in just 12.

Shame all the OP/ED themes, apart from OP1, are pretty terrible. -_-

My brother's been watching Code Geass lately because he never finished it, but he's watching the dubs. And boy oh boy, are the English VAs for it ever annoying. And the dialogue really poorly translated. Xing-ke and Schneizel's dialogue in particular is just.. ugh. It's so corny.

So the winter anime season doesn't seem to have a lot in store that initially interests me, though I'm sure some will emerge as the season goes on as being worthwhile series. However, the spring season is looking very solid.

http://www.animeph.com/winter-2013-new-anime-season-preview-list

That's a list of upcoming shows.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Dai 2-ki looks like it could be promising. Wasn't huge on the fan service (extended butt shot in the preview), but hopefully it's a case of "few and far between". Minami-ke and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai too. There's actually a couple of decent looking comedies there slated for January.