UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Had my first submission win online. I was Kendall Grove against Nate Marquardt.

Middle of the second round he tried to take me down, but I caught him with a flying knee, which looked sick. Gave him a head kick, dazed him but he took me down so I locked on a kimura and managed to lock it in for the win.

I love how so many people pick Brock Lesnar then end up getting submitted, lol. I actually used Frank Mir against Brock online and beat him with a....wait for it.....leg lock. <_< Come on people, lets actually have a good fight, one not possessed by button mashing and all high head kicks.

I am now 10-1 on my career. My only loss came when I took a fight on short notice against Rich Clementi, and he caught me with a devastating hook in the second round. I can't wait to get a rematch, but I think I have shot past him in the rankings since my next opponent is Sean Sherk. I am a Muay Thai and Judo fighter, and I am getting very good at using ground and pound. I have put....three points overall into my submission offence, so I don't think I will be tapping anyone out soon.

I don't have MSN on my new computer. Whenever you see my profile on XBOX Live, just send a message asking for Brad. If my brother is playing, he will just ignore it. If I am the one playing, I'll accept the challenge!

Who ever it was that said Thiago Tavares will take you down and submit you with ease was right. I hate him.

Also do we really need people (or just two JairusCain and Closed and Moved to Archives) updating us on EVERY SINGLE thing in their career? I mean it's cool you are getting into the game and all but, really now, use the edit button. <_<

BWAHAHAHAHAHA Johnny Oro just knocked himself out on my elbow. He went for a hook, and a quick elbow put him out. Good times :)

I'm loving this game. Yet to get a submission though but I'm working on it.

Has anyone gotten Submission of the Night yet? I've been trying for it but it just doesn't seem to happen. I've had three Fight of the Night awards and four K.O's of the nights but get nothing for any of my submission wins.

ah revenge is sweet, just had a rematch with Antonio Nogueira, first time we fought he was way out of my league and took me down and tapped me easily, this time, just over a minute into the first round I rocked him, knocked him to the mat and proceeded to pound him til the ref stepped in :D

Oh man, I forget who I was fighting but I got rocked and knocked down, held him off until I recovered. Then he fell onto me and I pulled guard, he rocked me again, I again recovered and the referee stood us up. Then...right cross, left hook, and he was out. Awesome.

Something I'm still thinking I'm doing wrong on the demo. When you're trying to submit your opponent, can you just mash one of the four strike buttons or use the RS stick? Or do you have to spin the RS and mash one of the buttons? Maybe it's just really hard to submit Chuck, but it just makes me think I'm doing it wrong when I cant even get passed the first stage of the submission.

I'll have my copy in the morning, so anyone on tomorrow night on 360 and fancies a few games, hit me up. Also, can you use your created fighters online?

You can either swivel the right stick or tap face buttons for submissions. I prefer to mash all four face buttons, usually does the trick.

When you're the one doing the submission I don't think there's a difference between the two but when you're defending, mashing face buttons simply gets you out of the hold while swivelling the stick will not only get you out of the hold but into an advantageous position.

Edited by dwsnuk