Tell me about TV shows.

K

I'm just about to check out The OC.

Someone please give me a TV show to watch. I'm looking for Comedy/Drama (DRAMEDY! w00t.gif) shows at the moment. (...I think that's all of them) I've seen:

Supernatural

True Blood

Californication

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Angel

How I Met Your Mother

Greek

Community

Chuck

30 Rock

Lie To Me

Scrubs

Leverage

Psych

Community

It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia

Lost

Bones

Veronica Mars

Smallville

Prison Break

Castle

Modern Family

Dexter

Fringe

House M.D.

Cougar Town

Rules of Engagement

A Bit of Fry and Laurie

Reaper

Weeds

Heroes

Extras

Black Books

Firefly

Dollhouse

The Big Bang Theory

South Park

The IT Crowd

My Name Is Earl

Arrested Development

Man to Man with Dean Learner

Freaks and Geeks

Undeclared

The Office (UK)

Two And A Half Men

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

The OC's actually pretty good, if only for the interactions between Seth and Ryan.

And I wish I had recommendations for you but I'm looking myself since I just finished Greek last night (which is awesome by the way). :(

The OC's actually pretty good, if only for the interactions between Seth and Ryan.

And I wish I had recommendations for you but I'm looking myself since I just finished Greek last night (which is awesome by the way). :(

Finishing Greek made me incredibly sad. That series has quickly made it's way into like, my Top 5 Shows List. I hope it comes back on soon. I'm totally out of shows to watch now that I've seen all of it.

Yeah, I always feel bummed when I finish a show I like and then have to find something else to watch and it especially sucks when it's an awesome, awesome show like Greek. And the 3rd season just finished airing here a couple weeks ago so it's going to be a bit before new episodes come out (and apparently the 4th season is only 10 episodes right now and that it is likely going to be the final season).

I guess I could go back to Six Feet Under but it's just way too slow a lot of the time.

Yeah, I always feel bummed when I finish a show I like and then have to find something else to watch and it especially sucks when it's an awesome, awesome show like Greek.

I guess I could go back to Six Feet Under but it's just way too slow a lot of the time.

Oh man, exactly the same here. I enjoyed it, but it's just too slow to watch in bulk. Not to mention depressing as fuck. I think I would've liked it if I'd watched as it aired (same with House), but trying to watch it after it's aired makes it a lot harder to enjoy.

If I don't enjoy OC, I'm almost at the stage where I'll start trying out things like Gossip Girl or Desperate Housewives. Don't make me do it, EWB. Because I will. >_>

Find something to do! You're limiting yourself by thinking "well, it's late, there must not be anything going on."

...and to make this relevant, at 1:20am over here Craig Ferguson is on, he's pretty much all the tv I've been watching this past week. That, and random things that are on for the hour or so before him, I've got time to kill.

Find something to do! You're limiting yourself by thinking "well, it's late, there must not be anything going on."

...and to make this relevant, at 1:20am over here Craig Ferguson is on, he's pretty much all the tv I've been watching this past week. That, and random things that are on for the hour or so before him, I've got time to kill.

...How is trying to find something I actually want to watch not almost exactly the same thing as that? hmm.gif I don't follow your logic.

EDIT: Okay, I get what you're saying now... I don't generally watch regular TV much. I'd much rather download and watch something that I might like than flick through channels and watch old episodes of shows I've seen and stuff that no one watches because they want too.

I was saying you need to try to find something to do at 1:20am. Doesn't have to be tv. Have you tried going to the local [insert local store here] and striking up a conversation with the cashier?

Is it weird that "strike up a conversation with a random employee" was my first instinct, and not, say, go get shitfaced?

I was saying you need to try to find something to do at 1:20am. Doesn't have to be tv. Have you tried going to the local [insert local store here] and striking up a conversation with the cashier?

Is it weird that "strike up a conversation with a random employee" was my first instinct, and not, say, go get shitfaced?

I'm not about to go get drunk on my own, that's just depressing. tongue.gif Also, I have no means of transport and the closest shop that would be open is something like an hour walk from here. Same with any friends that live in the area. Also factor in my utter lack of cash at the moment, the fact I've played most of my games to death and I'd just outright like a TV show to watch right now, I think I'm fairly justified in my looking for a new one.

Which I've found. Because The OC isn't half bad.

I had some doubts about watching Gossip Girl too, but its really, really good. Seriously reminds me of the O.C. actually. I've been kinda in a slump recently when it comes to shows, I'm watching Bones right now but I'm not really hooked. It's a decent show though but hasn't hooked me. I'm going to suck it up and then watch Greek, Mad Men and Justified in some sort of order.

As said, Greek = Fantastic. And if it's somewhat like The OC, I'll check out Gossip Girl when I'm done with this. They're both by Josh Schwartz whose surprisingly awesome at what he does. I shouldn't expect anything less from the creator of Chuck I suppose. tongue.gif

Yeah, Schwartz is not as bad as people let on, but he does have a penchant for writing all of his love interests in numerous love triangles just because he doesn't know any other ways to write tension into a (potential) relationship.

Someone please give me a TV show to watch. I'm looking for Comedy/Drama (DRAMEDY!)

"Teachers" (UK version, not your American bastardised version, even if it did have Sarah Alexander in it :wub:) is honestly the best program ever (as sad as it is I so strive to live my life like Andrew Lincoln characters, Simon from "Teachers", Egg from "This Life", Mark from "Love Actually"...he's just sodding cool :shifty:). The first 3-seasons (2 especially) are amazing. The 4th has a pretty drastic change of cast and is a bit gash, but still funny, but I never got them killing off Kurt and Brian for a simple throwaway gag. :/

On the subject of Sarah Alexander. "Coupling" might work. And "Spaced" too.

"Jonathan Creek" is always good every now and then too.

And I watched the first episode of "Castle" yesterday morning. Have they seriously just sexed up "Murder She Wrote"?

On the subject of The OC. First series was awesome. 2nd was okay but consistently getting poorer and basically became unwatchable once Olivia Wilde fucked off. 3rd series was total guff. 4th was really good though. Not to the level of 1. But definitely better than 3 and the majority of 2.

I have 2-episodes left of The Wire. Awesome show. I've watched it all in a couple of weeks or so. God bless not sleeping well.

Edited by YI

The OC's problem was definitely keeping Mischa Barton around. When they finally offed her the quality of the show drastically increased (mostly because they replaced her with a way more entertaining character)

Edited by Hellfire

Someone please give me a TV show to watch. I'm looking for Comedy/Drama (DRAMEDY!)

"Teachers" (UK version, not your American bastardised version, even if it did have Sarah Alexander in it :wub:) is honestly the best program ever (as sad as it is I so strive to live my life like Andrew Lincoln characters, Simon from "Teachers", Egg from "This Life", Mark from "Love Actually"...he's just sodding cool :shifty:). The first 3-seasons (2 especially) are amazing. The 4th has a pretty drastic change of cast and is a bit gash, but still funny, but I never got them killing off Kurt and Brian for a simple throwaway gag. :/

On the subject of Sarah Alexander. "Coupling" might work. And "Spaced" too.

"Jonathan Creek" is always good every now and then too.

And I watched the first episode of "Castle" yesterday morning. Have they seriously just sexed up "Murder She Wrote"?

On the subject of The OC. First series was awesome. 2nd was okay but consistently getting poorer and basically became unwatchable once Olivia Wilde fucked off. 3rd series was total guff. 4th was really good though. Not to the level of 1. But definitely better than 3 and the majority of 2.

I have 2-episodes left of The Wire. Awesome show. I've watched it all in a couple of weeks or so. God bless not sleeping well.

'Your american'? I'm from the UK too, YI. tongue.gif I just tend to watch nothing but US shows. And yes, Castle is awesome. I've also seen all of Coupling and Spaced, but cheers for the other suggestions anyway.

Also Mischa Barton was a problem? But... she so pretty. sad.gif

Bah, I pay no attention to where people are from. :shifty: I was just judging from the list of shows.

And Barton is lovely, but Christ does she get annoying. It's not really just her, the whole show just went to shit. Season 4 got some of the real fun back, which the first series had.

And watch Teachers. :P

I'm still not sold on "Castle", I guess I might catch the next one at some point and see how it goes, but I dunno. I know there's no real 'new' concepts, but I just couldn't shake "Murder She Wrote" out of my head. :shifty:

Finished "The Wire". I know everywhere basically says the show really reached its peak as it went on, I love all the series, but personally for me, they never managed to get characters as good as the Low Rise guys throughout the series. :( I did like Poot's little cameo in S5. :)

In fact, Series 1, 2 and 3 had my favourite cast of characters. 1 & 3 with the Barksdales (as ruthless as they made Marlo, him and his crew were never as good, character wise IMO) and I loved the Sabotka's in 2. 4 and 5 were possibly better written and put together, but just didn't have the characters. 4 had moments, but 5 for me, just, I dunno. All are still fantastic, I'm basically just comparing them against each other, still one of the best TV shows I have ever seen, the fact I've got through them all so quickly is testament to that.