General Television Thread

Hellfire

Luther is AWESOME. It's really over the top but I love it, and some of the villains are properly evil. They're quite video gamey, actually. Like in the most recent episodes which seemed to be based on Postal. It's not The Wire or The Shield or these other awesome police series, but it's not trying to be.

Is Luther on BBC any good? It has Idris Elba in it which is enough to make me interested but I haven't really watched any BBC drama's in a long time.

Nope.

If you wanted a BBC drama you should have watched The Shadow Line. It wasn't great, all told, but it was a lot more interesting and original than Luther. Unfortunately I doubt it's still up on iPlayer.

I really hated the Shadow Line. Pretentious in a 'its really long and nothings happening, so it must be good' way. I actually gave up at one point simply because of the BBC's rubbish scheduling meaning I Sky+'d half an hour of Mock the Week and missed half an episode, but I've really no desire to iPlayer it because frankly I don't even care how it ended.

It was all about

pensions.

No, seriously.

Edited by Lord Nibbler

I'm loving Studio 60 at the moment, I'm racing through it. I'm sad there's only one season and I'm eight episodes in. My question is that if I like Studio 60 so much, am I likely to enjoy The West Wing? I'm getting the feeling I will, and I'm tempted to spend £50 for the whole box set on Amazon because the first season is £10 on its own.

So yeah, West Wing - worth the money?

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah, as long as you're okay with some political stuff going over your head (but not too much), you'll absolutely love The West Wing. First two seasons at least are better-written than Studio 60 was.

Next Sunday is the first episode of the final season of Entourage. I've been watching all the seasons the past couple of days. I can't wait for the final season.

Just got around to watching the ep, it was good and I think it laid down a good platform for the end of the show. Ari is fucking priceless!

Oh yes. Ari was great in the newest episode. Last season I wasn't a big fan of Scott but on Sunday's episode I can definitely see him growing on me by the end of the season. I don't mind this being the last season, I just find it hard to believe they're going to wrap up everything with everyone in 8 episodes (7 now that Sunday past), but we shall see.

I'm really pulling for an Entourage movie I read that they want to do to finish everything.

Lost rant incoming...

I'm getting close to midway on my Lost marathon, just finished the episode on season 3, where Desmond 're-lives' his life and tells Charlie that he will die no matter what. I've said it before but i have no bad things to say about this show, never did when it aired and not now on my second watch either. The ending was what it was and you could fill a page on the unanswered things, but i loved it nevertheless. Aside the weirdness, time-travelling and other stuff coming in the later seasons that confused people, Lost had some of the best written characters on any show i've seen, Desmond being one of my favourites. That is all.

Edited by The Sandman
  • Like 3

Guest mr. potato head

So I'll be through Community long before the new season starts, and I'm considering trying to fully catch up on another show by September.

Any recommendations between Happy Endings and Parenthood?

• 2 weeks later...