General Television Thread

Hellfire

Someone just handed me all four seasons of Prison Break. Should I watch it or throw it away?

I loved it, think I watched all of it in one go.

Then I'll watch it, you hooked me up with awesome stuff before.

I watched like 20 episodes of Prison Break and gave up just before the first season finale. That's how indifferent to it I was. Same with 24. I guess I find it hard to get into action-based TV series :/

I watched like 20 episodes of Prison Break and gave up just before the first season finale. That's how indifferent to it I was. Same with 24. I guess I find it hard to get into action-based TV series :/

I think action TV is something fun to watch on the side, without paying too much attention. It's not something I really get drawn into.

Season 1 and 2 of Prison Break are awesome, especially season 1 is great television. Must see really.

Don't know if it's been posted in here yet or not (it's a long thread, leave me alone) but Nickelodeon will be bringing back programming such as "Freaks and Geeks", "Undeclared", "All That", "Rugrats", "Kenan and Kel", "The Adventures of Pete and Pete", "The Amanda Show", and "Clarissa Explains It All" as part of a 90s block late at night on it's TeenNick channel. :w00t:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/10/teennick-goes-retro-with-90s-programming-exclusive/

and my source for "Freaks and Geeks" and "Undeclared" is the fact that I just saw a commercial for them. Whether those two will be apart of the same block as the other shows, I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 1

Oh man. Does this mean I'll finally get to watch the season three episodes of Pete and Pete they never released on DVD? Fuck yes!

Bloody loved last nights episode of The Killing.

Not sure how others feel regarding the twist with Richmond, I thought it was fantastic. Halfway through the episode I kind of got the idea that it was going to happen, but they still built it brilliantly throughout the entire series. All series long they've played him as the good guy and in all honesty, I never expected him what so ever up until this episode. Spot on so far and hopefully they follow this up in the final episode, because I feel that so far it's about as good of a reveal as they could of done.

Guest mr. potato head

Not sure how others feel regarding the twist with Richmond, I thought it was fantastic. Halfway through the episode I kind of got the idea that it was going to happen, but they still built it brilliantly throughout the entire series. All series long they've played him as the good guy and in all honesty, I never expected him what so ever up until this episode. Spot on so far and hopefully they follow this up in the final episode, because I feel that so far it's about as good of a reveal as they could of done.

Agreed. There are a few moments in the series that looking back now make me think "of course!". Don't get some of the critics complaining that they couldn't believe this because there've been too many red herrings - but aside from the Bennett stuff, it was just the cops jumping to conclusions based on patterns they've seen before, which is exactly what you'd expect them to do.

I've just started watching Rescue Me this month and it's great.

Stop after Season 3. Trust me.

And what the hell is the deal with AMC and the budget cuts? They need to either start acting like a real network or stop biting off more than they can chew.

Awake just looks like it's going to be a fantastic show. Seriously one of the shows I'm looking forward to.

Awake Trailer

I'm actually really excited for television shows this coming season. There's Awake, Persons of Interest, Alcatraz, and Terra Nova which are going to be much see shows to see. Also going to give The River a chance, as well as Up All Night, Grimm, Playboy Club, and New Girl (Mainly because Zooey Deschanel :wub: )

Plus with other shows such as a new version of The Office, Raising Hope, 30 Rock, Community, Harry's Law, Parks and Recreation, Happy Endings, Modern Family, and Workaholics, I'm sure it's going to be a good season.

]

Agreed. There are a few moments in the series that looking back now make me think "of course!". Don't get some of the critics complaining that they couldn't believe this because there've been too many red herrings - but aside from the Bennett stuff, it was just the cops jumping to conclusions based on patterns they've seen before, which is exactly what you'd expect them to do.

I don't buy Richmond as the murderer, it seems to easy and ultimately too obvious a choice.

Watched the first episode of Camelot on Channel 4 last night. It was... okay. Two massive problems, one of which isn't it's own fault. The first is the timing with Game of Thrones, it just doesn't even compare. The second is that the lead playing Arthur is fucking awful. He's unintentionally utterly dislikeable, which I have zero doubt will prove to be a massive problem as the series continues. Still, good to see Joseph Fiennes in anything.

Watched the first episode of Camelot on Channel 4 last night. It was... okay. Two massive problems, one of which isn't it's own fault. The first is the timing with Game of Thrones, it just doesn't even compare. The second is that the lead playing Arthur is fucking awful. He's unintentionally utterly dislikeable, which I have zero doubt will prove to be a massive problem as the series continues. Still, good to see Joseph Fiennes in anything.

Camelot gets better, but yeah, everyone else is pretty much ten times better than Arthur.