General Television Thread

Hellfire

With the fact they weren't sure if it was the series finale or not I thought the ending was something I could live with. House has always been the show that didn't guarantee a happy ending and that's one of the things I love about it but the idea of him realizing there's more to life then just work and then losing it when the one person he loves has moved on seems like a nice point to end the season. I'd be happy if the last season is House off somewhere nice where hopefully his leg won't hurt as often (I'm sure the cold weather in theory wouldn't help) with Cuddy leaving for a new hospital, maybe Wilson as the new Dean of Medicine and Foreman leading the team. House can consult over the phone on the cases and we can have a season of giving the characters a chance to tidy things up.

Is it perfect? No, but I'd be happy with it.

Cameron has a new show this fall, so it won't be her.

Which one?

I at least hope she returns for the finale.

Cameron has a new show this fall, so it won't be her.

Which one?

I at least hope she returns for the finale.

I forget the name, but it's the one where Fairy Tales all live in a town. She is the lead.

Guest JukeboxHero

House has lived a life of pain and misery for 7 seasons. He got a taste of a normal life with his relationship with Cuddy and then it got taken away. After the break up, House went off the deep end and was in a worse state then ever. What happened at the end of the finale was a culmination of not only the aftermath of the breakup, but of 7 seasons of torture for him. He needed a release and he found it. He just snapped. I loved the ending.

Like I said two weeks ago:

Yeah, it's time to wrap things up on House, the show is almost slapstick at this point.

*House breaks several ethical, medical, local, state, and federal laws. Marries a hooker, shoots someone, bites the head off a bat.*

Everyone associated with House: "Oh House, you so craaaaaaaaaaaazy!"

Might as well put a fucking laugh track in.

I sincerely hope next season is the last. And whatever deus ex machina they put in place that allows House to not only continue to practice medicine, despite being insane, but even be able to roam the streets of New Jersey a free man, I hope they just move on and focus on making the final season watchable. That shit was rigoddamndiculous, even for House, which has always been just slightly below CSI on the "oh you gotta be fucking kidding me" scale. But judging from the recent episodes, they should've ended it with the two-hour mental institution episode.

I sincerely hope next season is the last. And whatever deus ex machina they put in place that allows House to not only continue to practice medicine, despite being insane, but even be able to roam the streets of New Jersey a free man, I hope they just move on and focus on making the final season watchable. That shit was rigoddamndiculous, even for House, which has always been just slightly below CSI on the "oh you gotta be fucking kidding me" scale. But judging from the recent episodes, they should've ended it with the two-hour mental institution episode.

I definitely could have lived with that . . . but I fuckin' love the rigoddamndiculous stuff too.

I did really like the season finale and am looking forward to the next season of Supernatural. I am sad Castiel is the big bad now but maybe he will get saved instead of killed.

But yeah, I was thinking how the next season of Supernatural could go and was wondering if anyone had any prediction/wants from next season?

I personally would love for Death to be a pat of it again (he did say he wanted to kill God, why not start with Castiel?) but I'm sure the season will be full of looking how to kill Castiel in God mode. Seeing how it ended, would be interesting how they get out of the predicament though i suppose they could just bow and get out of there.

Also, did Dean and Sam get the thing off their ribs that made it so angels could not find them? Castiel was listening in on them in different places and I was wondering if they got them removed or if they didn't even think about that when they did the episode.

Man it is weird seeing John Goodman on TV now. He is both much skinnier and much older than he once was.

Also I think I'm officially dropping The Killing from my watch list. Started promising, got boring. The first AMC series I've seen that turned out to be a bust (Rubicon seemed to be heading that way but redeemed itself. I wish that were still on instead of this).

Finished watching Lost Season 2 last night and as much as i loved the whole show, fuck it was good back then. No time-travelling, Jacob or most of the other 'wierdness' yet.

Also i need some shows to watch over summer. I've yet to see last year's True Blood and intend to watch it before the fourth starts. Recommend me some good comedy to catch up, from current shows i've basically only seen BBT and Happy Endings.

Edited by The Sandman

Just bought Pushing Daisies season one from a garage sale yesterday and it is a really cool show. Wish I had saw it when it was on the air. Anyone else seen this show yet?

Great show, shame it got canned.

Man it is weird seeing John Goodman on TV now. He is both much skinnier and much older than he once was.

Also I think I'm officially dropping The Killing from my watch list. Started promising, got boring. The first AMC series I've seen that turned out to be a bust (Rubicon seemed to be heading that way but redeemed itself. I wish that were still on instead of this).

I love The Killing, even though midway through they got terribly sidetracked with the Somali thing and a few others, I still think it is one of the best TV Shows on the air. I guess you must be truly bored if you are this close to the end and dropping it anyways.

Guest Neon Noodle

Yeah I like the Killing. I get that it's not the greatest show ever like everything else on AMC, but it's miles ahead of any other police procedurals.

I love The Killing, but I still hate Linden's fiancee. She's remained in Seattle for 10 extra days, and he's acting like it's been months.

I love The Killing, but I still hate Linden's fiancee. She's remained in Seattle for 10 extra days, and he's acting like it's been months.

Yeah but are we not supposed to believe that she's done this kind of shit before?

Also

There goes my theory that the weird helper dude (Belco?) killed Rosie. Goddamned red herrings.