General Television Thread

Hellfire

Guest JukeboxHero

Glad to hear House got renewed.

I've read at several different sites that the next season is likely to be it's last. I'm absolutely fine with that, it's had a good run. At least they'll be able to wrap the show up properly.

When I read the first Locke & Key book, my immediate thought was "this should be a movie." It's smart, spooky and original... which I suppose is why it doesn't fit in on FOX. Hopefully AMC or someone will pick it up, would make a great complement to The Walking Dead.

And I REALLY hope TNT picks up Chicago Code like they did Southland.

There's maybe still hope for it, who knows!

I didn't know Jesse McCartney was the lead in it though.

Yeah, it's time to wrap things up on House, the show is almost slapstick at this point.

*House breaks several ethical, medical, local, state, and federal laws. Marries a hooker, shoots someone, bites the head off a bat.*

Everyone associated with House: "Oh House, you so craaaaaaaaaaaazy!"

Might as well put a fucking laugh track in.

• Like 2

Chicago Code was solid but I got bored with it. Mostly because I couldn't stand the lead at all, just felt like watching a hodgepodge of Tough Cop Who's Right About Everything cliches.

Mostly I just feel bad for Shawn Ryan. First Terriers, now this.

I had no problems with the lead, but the one who plays Teresa, she was not that good. I just had no interest in her character, and that accent was kinda annoying. Also, the one who played the niece, she's pretty bad too.

I would've liked to have seen them spend a little more time on the Alderman/undercover cop stuff.

Just watched the 2-part ender to "Community". Chevy Chase better be fucking back. :angry: He's probably the best part about the show, and his 'villain' run this season has been amazing. I really liked the little thing (that's being slightly overlooked on reviews and stuff I've read) that not only was it somewhat 'redeemable' for him to give the money to the college, not himself, but for him to do so of his own accord, as he wasn't present for the student body meeting at the start of the episode. Then again, he has no need for money, so that does make it a slightly hollow gesture anyway. I don't know.

Anyway, fuck it. It was fun. And he better be back.

Also, just realised the 2nd series of "Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle" has started. Getting caught up now. Utterly amazing man.

Edited by YI

Two episodes into Cheers on Netflix. It's been so long since the days where I'd watch two to four episodes of it per night on Nick at Nite that I've forgotten just how good it is.

YI, if I hadn't watched Community yet (I luckily did half an hour ago) and I'd come in the General TV thread although we have a Community thread and you spoilered it for me, I swear I would have fucking killed you.

Guest mr. potato head

They also canceled Outsourced, and renewed all the shows I actually like on their network. NBC is batting 1.000 for me.

So Outsourced ends on everybody being happy at the marriage of the one character who was supposed to be unlikable for the first half of the season? Seems as appropriate as anything.

The Event, though, I doubt can wrap everything up in two episodes, so it'll be FlashForward syndrome where it doesn't have a coherent ending.

YI, if I hadn't watched Community yet (I luckily did half an hour ago) and I'd come in the General TV thread although we have a Community thread and you spoilered it for me, I swear I would have fucking killed you.

Damn. Right.

Perfect Couples is officially canceled :(

Meh.

They also canceled Outsourced

Obama%20victory%20rally.jpg

Seriously, there should be a thread dedicated solely to celebrating this momentous victory.

Good riddance to Outsourced. Hopefully that means Parks & Rec gets a full order next season. Still can't believe NBC was that stupid to screw with their perfect Community, Parks & Rec, Office and 30 Rock line-up. Don't know if they'll keep up the six half-hour comedy block next season (I highly doubt the Paul Reiser Show is sticking around), but I don't know why they don't just move Parenthood to Thursdays at 10pm. Though it got way too melodramatic this season, I think it would fit in at 10pm with the 4 Shows of Awesome on from 8-10.

Don't care at all about The Event. Tried watching it, but like all shows that start with a "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?" premise, it just became annoying. Stop trying to be the next Lost and just make a good sci-fi show, dammit.

They cancelled the Paul Reiser Show after 2 episodes, actually.

I figured things weren't going well when it disappeared that quickly. I didn't think it was that bad, the premise (Curb Your Enthusiasm for network TV) was at least interesting, but the quirky friends were completely unnecessary and killed it from the get-go.

Obama%20victory%20rally.jpg

Seriously, there should be a thread dedicated solely to celebrating this momentous victory.

I'll see you one better when it comes an image that represents a win for the good of all sitcomkind.

we_win_cheers.jpg

• Like 1