General Television Thread

Hellfire

Watching Six Feet Under during it's re-airing on Sky Atlantic, I forgot how much I ADORE this show. Michael C Hall is arguably the most under rated actor in all of Hollywood. His performance as David touches me so much that it's insane. Just watched the episode "A Private Life", and how he looks at himself during that episode as a homosexual male echoes so many volumes to me as a person that I find it unreal.

I've been watching it for the first time and it's one of the best television shows I've had the pleasure of watching. Echoing the love for Hall. I've never seen Dexter, although I plan to, but his performance as David is phenomenal. I just find the whole thing superbly written and, at times, extremley funny. The ensemble cast is brilliant and I hope it keeps getting better. I've got two more episodes left of Season One. I might be tempted to buy the rest on DVD because I can't wait for it week by week anymore.

Yeah I need to continue with SFU because I got to 5 episodes into Season 3 and just kinda stopped. I did that with The Sopranos too (only a bit further, a few episodes into Season 4), come to think of it. Need to finish them both soon but I'm kinda bored with deadly serious stuff at the moment.

I finally caught up with Community. Just great, great stuff. It's not as good as Arrested Development but it's still a fine program and one of my favourite ever sitcoms.

I want Dead Like Me back. Real Dead Like Me, not a TV movie with the lame-ass love interest from 24 season 2 trying and failing to play Daisy Adair.

Watched the first two episodes of Archer. This show is brilliant.

You're a smart man. It only gets EVEN BETTER. Think I'm crazy? I'm certainly not!

Watched the first two episodes of Archer. This show is brilliant.

I need to start watching that at some point too. The commercials that they show always look funny, but just never got around to watching it yet.

Archer is the funniest show currently on TV. The first season was great but the second season blew it away. So many hilarious one liners and every character gets at least one or two good ones every episode.

Guest mr. potato head

Caught up with every episode of The Killing the other day and watched last nights episode this morning. Another brilliant show, loving the characters and the way everything has played out so far.

And also Neko!

I enjoyed tonights episode of Supernatural. It was a nice touch having Castiel narrate the episode and basically explain his actions and Crowley is pretty fun to watch, especially the outburst. I'm intrigued for next week but they said a "Special full night finale"....with Smallville having a two hour finale I don't understand? Will Smallville be starting at 6 central rather than 7 and we get limited commercials with Supernatural or something? Unless I missed that Supernatural is actually in two weeks but I'm intrigued for the season finale. I hope hope hope Castiel comes around and doesn't get killed because I've really enjoyed him on the show. Come on Dean, just turn him to the light again!

Yvonne Strahovski in a bubble bath

Allison Brie's tits while running in slow motion

Elisha Cuthbert in spandex pants

Dear American TV, you really fucking delivered this week.

I enjoyed tonights episode of Supernatural. It was a nice touch having Castiel narrate the episode and basically explain his actions and Crowley is pretty fun to watch, especially the outburst. I'm intrigued for next week but they said a "Special full night finale"....with Smallville having a two hour finale I don't understand? Will Smallville be starting at 6 central rather than 7 and we get limited commercials with Supernatural or something? Unless I missed that Supernatural is actually in two weeks but I'm intrigued for the season finale. I hope hope hope Castiel comes around and doesn't get killed because I've really enjoyed him on the show. Come on Dean, just turn him to the light again!

Yeah, Smallville's two hour series finale is next week and then Supernatural returns with their own two hour finale two weeks from now. And yeah, this week's episode was great and kinda makes up for how up and down the entire season has been.

And yeah, Archer is awesome stuff.

I recently stumbled upon some How I Met Your Mother theories on who the mother is and I thought of two twists that the writers could throw at us.

While anything is possible, I just can't see this show just ending on a simple note of "this is the mother and then we had you two." For some reason, I can see the mother being shown at the end of this season and then bringing her into the whole fold during next season. One thing that I do see is that the mother will be shown with the kids once she is announced in the flashbacks. However, I don't see her just sitting there and continuing the story with Ted. It doesn't really fit to me. With my first theory, I'm basing this off of the drama that seemed to be much more heavy during this season than any other, with Marshall and Barney's dad. I can see these as events that get the audience accustomed to some of the bigger moments that are coming. So with that, I do see Ted meeting and dating the mom, and even having the kids but in the series finale getting killed off some how as a big lesson that "While life throws terrible moments at you, in light comes better ones." (Referring towards the kids) and giving a reason as to why the kids are asking just Ted instead of both of the parents. Every episode ends with some lesson that everyone is learning and this could be another one, to a grander extent as she would have become part of the regular cast for 2 seasons or so.

My second theory is that Ted doesn't find love, and instead adopts kids from a lady. He can still technically meet the mother and while it wouldn't be as great as a send-off is a scenario I can see them doing, just to add another layer. The last scene of the show could have Future Ted doing something outside the house while past Ted gives some big speech, before a girl drops something and Future Ted picks it up to leave it off with a cycle of sorts.

Just some theories that came into my head, but I figure someone probably has some better ideas than the ones I have.

Except they're not asking Ted who the mother is or how they met, he's telling them. They make it pretty clear at one point that they don't really care.

I really don't see that being the ending. And I don't think you need to put in spoilers what your guess for it is. :P How I Met Your Mother is far too optimistic to end on a bitter note like that. I've always thought it was pretty obvious that the show will end up going until Ted and the mother marry or possibly have the kids. Maybe even a bit longer if the ratings are still strong.

Very true, but I don't believe my theories are TOO out there considering some people are still arguing that Robin is the mother even though the show points out dozens of times that she isn't.

The spoilers ordeal was just because of Marshall's big story this season and with my luck, I would get a warning. :shifty: