General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just watched the finale of "Waking The Dead". Good episodes. The killing of Sarah didn't really have the emotional kick as previous deaths in the series have (Mel :( and Stella :( :(), as she's only been part of the show for this series, but it made the most sense in relation to the plot. Plus there was no way Grace was being killed off, or Spencer (after he survived being shot in the Season 5 finale, he was a lock to survive throughout). Wouldn't have minded Eve to be killed, she's a bit of a twat, but it wouldn't have made sense for her to fuck over Boyd.

The conclusion was quite nice with the core group meeting up, and the culmination of the case was alright, although would have probably been better if it hadn't been very similar to the ending of "Substitute" last series.

Arguably one of the best UK TV series of the last 10-year, one of the only programs I actually made a note to watch regularly and not slip up on. Can't believe it's over. :( Apparently Eve is getting a spinoff, doubt I'll watch, as already said, I find her pretty annoying, plus it'll end up just being like "Silent Witness", which was always shite. If any TV pathologist character deserves a spinoff, it was that hilarious black guy from the dying days of "The Bill".

Best episode of House in a long time last night, haven't liked this season so much. Not a fan of the Cuddy/House stuff + 13 is back. :wub:

Is it just me, but i'm actually losing interest in Chuck a bit. It's become my favourite shows in recent years but this season it's just been lacking of...something. It's still good and funny, but not as much as before. o_O

Also, the last few episodes i've actually been interested of The Event, but having to sit through 15-16 episodes before something even remotely interesting starts to happen it's no wonder the viewers are gone and most likely ending up cancelled just like FlashForward.

Edited by The Sandman

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah, The Event's given up its pretense of being a LOST clone and decided to lay all its cards on the table, which has made it better.

It's still no Flashforward though.

Yeah, The Event's given up its pretense of being a LOST clone and decided to lay all its cards on the table, which has made it better.

Worth picking up again? I got to episode six and just couldn't feel myself empathising with any of the characters.

Guest mr. potato head

Worth picking up again? I got to episode six and just couldn't feel myself empathising with any of the characters.

I think Sean and Leila are still supposed to be the ones you sympathize with, and that doesn't work at all (Leila's come close a couple times for me). But the political stuff with Martinez and inside the White House has really been kicked up a notch, as has Sophia's interactions with some of her people.

Just watched the third episode of The Killing, more great stuff there. Only problem:

Linden's fiancée is a complete twat. She's a fucking homicide detective and a teenage girl was just found murdered in a car belonging to a mayoral candidate's campaign. That sort of seems like the kind of thing that's important enough to warrant her having to stay behind and help out. I get it, it's an inconvenience and it messes up your plans, but good god man, someone was murdered .

It's decent. Not the greatest show to watch but it didn't bore me. One thing I do like is that they aren't going with the 'generic' gay guy. In fact they bring in a character like that in the second episode who is exactly that, and he despises it. However, I do believe they jumped the gun on that joke pretty early. Overall, give it a watch and see if you enjoy it.

I quite like Happy Endings. The blonde one that's not Cuthbert's great, and all the blokes are pretty top notch, especially the gay guy. The other woman is annoying as fuck, and they need to show some positive sides to Cuthbert soon, as she's basically been a) a cunt, and then b) just hovered around a bit doing fuck all really. As stand alone episodes it's pretty funny, but the whole larger arc just doesn't work.

There's no significant tension, the whole "I hate you, but let's be friends" thing is awful, in a real life situation at the end of episode 1, they'd have either worked at things again or totally went their separate ways. I know TV doesn't work like that, and if it did, this wouldn't be a show, as without the concept it'd feel like it wouldn't have 'anything'. But ultimately, the concept means nothing anyway. All it seems to be is a lazy way to launch storylines, which all seem to just be "yo dude, you should fuck about a bit".

So as a standalone, watching a random episode, it's funny. But it just doesn't settle right for me yet. Character intentions just really don't click.

Also, Elisha Cuthbert with horrendous dreadlocks confused my penis. :(

And even the fat beardy funny man can't even save "Mad Love". Gave up on that a while back. And I'm totally in the mood for 'rubbishy' American sitcoms at the minute.

Edited by YI

The fate of 'House' is up in the air.

There may be no Season 8, even though they've already shot the finale as if the show will continue. You have no idea how pissed I'd be if the show doesn't get a proper conclusion.

I hate that. Not because I watch House, but because it's a cheap ploy by producers to try and get another season out of networks rather than satisfying their fans. The network would inevitably be the one to be blamed for it not getting a proper ending too.

Guest JukeboxHero

Well, the show still has another season or two left in it, in my opinion. So, yeah, it is the network's fault. Maybe the producers can take the show to a different network?

Guest JukeboxHero

Because the show still gets good ratings (not as great as they used to be, but they're still good) and there's no good reason not to renew it.

The fate of 'House' is up in the air.

There may be no Season 8, even though they've already shot the finale as if the show will continue. You have no idea how pissed I'd be if the show doesn't get a proper conclusion.

For the health and safety of all innocent bystanders anywhere near me, this had damn well better be a false alarm.