General Television Thread

Hellfire

The Inbetweeners and Misfits are the only UK programs I watch these days I think... Oh and Skins but that is fucking horrible compared to what it once was... If you haven't seen either one, you should check them out... Both pretty good...

I'm not sure how The Inbetweeners would come across to Americans but it's the only British show I like. I thought Misfits was gash and I looked past how bad Skins was at first because it was relatively fresh, but it's always been a pretty shit show and it's got worse and worse.

Oh, watch Peep Show if you haven't seen it. Awesome stuff.

I'm not sure how The Inbetweeners would come across to Americans but it's the only British show I like.

I watched like two or three episodes one time and liked it. I just never bothered to watch more.

Right now I'm watching Luther, since it has Idris Elba in it, and I think its quite good. Anything similar to that would be nice.

After watching a few episodes, I cannot get into the Buffy series at all. I don't know what it is, I just cannot get into it.

How many of you are watching Dr.Who? I just started watching it this season, it looks pretty cool. I saw an interview with Matt Smith on G4 yesterday, he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Edited by TheK1NG

First season of Buffy is generally considered one of the worst, unfortunately. I never had a problem with it but then I watched it when I was fourteen.

After watching a few episodes, I cannot get into the Buffy series at all. I don't know what it is, I just cannot get into it.

I rewatched the first few episodes recently and thought there were good, but it definitely does take a while to get going.

I would suggest skipping straight to S02E03, "School Hard" to see if that has any more of an impact.

• Like 2

I rewatched the first few episodes recently and thought there were good, but it definitely does take a while to get going.

I would suggest skipping straight to S02E03, "School Hard" to see if that has any more of an impact.

Alright, will do. Thanks. smile.gif

First season of Buffy is generally considered one of the worst, unfortunately. I never had a problem with it but then I watched it when I was fourteen.

Are there any important story parts? Or could I just skip it all together?

Uh. Let me take a quick look at season 1 and see which ones are probably important from my limited memory of Buffy season 1;

- "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date" (Maybe. It introduces the Anointed One, who is briefly relevant for season two. I remember it being one of the stronger episodes in season one but I could be wrong!)

- "Angel" (important Angel backstory/character establishment episode)

- "Prophecy Girl" (season one finale, sets up season two)

Everything else is pretty inconsequential. Only real change I can think of that you'll miss is the Principal of Sunnydale High School getting eaten and replaced by a much better character.

Then I'd watch the season two premiere, skip "Some Assembly Required," and like Nibbler said, watch "School Hard." If you're still not interested then BtVS is probably not for you.

EDIT: Oh right, and "I Robot, You Jane" introduces Jenny Calendar, who's important for season two but not immediately important, so maybe go back and watch it if you're still interested post-"School Hard?" I remember that not being a very good episode.

• Like 1

Other lesser important episodes in season 1 are The Witch, which introduces Amy who plays a bigger part in a later season and Out of Mind, Out of Sight, which introduces Cordelia as more than just the school bitch. But I'd only really watch those if you like Season 2. I actually like the 1st season, it's all fairly standard monster of the week but the episodes are pretty fun and showcase some of the variety in the monsters. If the lack of a real story arc bothered you, Season 2 would be better, but overall Buffy tends to be 70/30 in regards to story/stand alone episodes, with the exception of Season 5 and 7 where it's pretty much all stand alone (5) and all story (7).

Guest mr. potato head

I've seen the episode of The Drew Carey Show where the Dutch threaten to blow up the store and Drew saves everything by singing "Brotherhood of Man" like eight times, but I didn't realize until yesterday that the song was not original :shifty:

Guest mr. potato head

I went through Community earlier this summer. It just keeps getting better and better - OK, maybe the season 2 finale isn't their best episode ever, but I'm sure not about to say it's already had its zenith.

And jesus, talking off Buffy. Rewatched it with Mrs. Summ. We're onto season 6. I wish it'd end. I'm bored now. There's one AMAZING episode for every three bland ones.

Anyway, Hush is the best episode ever. In fact, season 4 was just very good. (Fear, Itself. Beer Bad. A New Man. All good.) Shame The Initiative in general suck.

5 had some great episodes too.. The Relacement, Fool For Love.

Holy shit.. Season 3, Homecoming. SlayerFest! That was brilliant. Doppelgangland was great too.

Sums up my point well. A few great episodes in every season. But a lot of filler and bland.

I wasn't so sure about it first, but yeah it just keeps getting better and better. Best comedy since the first two seasons of BBT, probably even better.

If the first two seasons of The Big Bang Theory are your measure for great recent comedy, you clearly haven't watched enough comedy shows in the past years.

• Like 3