Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I'm gonna try a marathon game, wish me luck.

Marathon is just something that's more extremely long. The big advantages you'd have would be 1) A shitload more turns means a shitload more gold and 2) Same thing with religious pressure, though unlike gold, it's debatable how much of this is a good thing.

It would probably turn Siam into even more of a powerhouse.

I've been kicking around ideas for what civs I'd like to see in the game, inspiring me to make this chart. Every civ, along with the games they appeared in:

post-1984-0-74169100-1389904074_thumb.jp

To sum it up, the only civilizations not included that have shown up previously include the Hittites, the Holy Roman Empire, Khmer, Mali, the Native Americans, the Sioux, and the Sumerians. However, you could argue the Native Americans are already covered with the Shoshone and the Iroquois.

That being said, the only civilization that really comes to mind that has yet to be represented, one way or another, is Israel. I'm really trying to think who else could be included. Call to power included Australia, Canada, Cuba, Israel, Ireland, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Phoenicia, Thailand, Turkey and Wales, but some of these, in terms of Civ V, are a bit redundant.

So...any ideas on who you'd guys like to see?

The HRE was a pretty silly one to ever have in. I can only think that someone decided they wanted Charlemagne as a leader and therefore had to create a Civ based on that ever-curious entity which was neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire.

It would be fun to throw Israel, the Hittites and the Sumerians in, and then set the game on a small Pangaea, with the only way to win being Total Kill Domination, with the civs being Israel, the Hittites, Babylon, Persia, Sumeria, Arabia, the Ottomans, Egypt and Assyria. MESOPOCLUSTERFUCK!

• Like 1

From India alone: Mughal Empire, Mysore, Maratha Empire, Chola Empire, but most importantly the greatest empire of all time Maurya (but do they pick Ashoka or Chandragupta, 2 of my all-time top 10 political leaders?). All of those are distinct kingdoms, much more individually unique than Greece, Rome, and Byzantine.

Ooh! Romania! They can be lead by Vlad the Impaler, with a UA that grants either a defensive bonus to cities, or reduces unhappiness when taking a city (cause you know, Impaler :shifty: ).

The HRE was a pretty silly one to ever have in. I can only think that someone decided they wanted Charlemagne as a leader and therefore had to create a Civ based on that ever-curious entity which was neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire.

It certainly wasn't at Charlemagne's time, as the title Holy Roman Empire was applied (self-applied if we're honest) to those lands a mere 160 years after his death :P

Egypt (Me): Tra la la

Celts: Hey, how about we attack Rome?

Me: Sure, gimme 10

Celts: k

Assyria: Hey, how about we attack Rome?

Me: Okay, 10 turns

Assyria: k

*WAR!*

Assyria and Celts: We have some concerns about your warmongering

Me: WTF

• Like 1

I'm trying to go for the Bollywood achievement with India. I'm on a continent with Brazil and the Mongols. Genghis gets blocked in early by both me and Pedro, so he starts going after the city states, taking one of them. Then I get a nice message from Pedro:

"Wanna kick his ass?"

WELL NOW.

I build up a decent army; a few catapults and knights, liberate the city-state, and then turn my attention to Karakorum. All that remains of Genghis army is a catapult and a Khan. Karakorum falls just as I meet the other leaders (who now think I'm a fucking madman :shifty: ). Genghis was nice enough to build the Pyramids for me, which is kind of funny considering I'm tradition.