Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Shaka has very dangerous AI (as I suspected). He loves to expand, loves to war, and stays competitive.I can't figure out why Ahmad is so often a contender in my games based on this.

But at least Shaka is honest!

Hahahahahahahahahaha Gandhi is 12 for nukes!

It's a shout-out to a programming error in the very first Civilization. Gandhi was set at "-1". The computer interpreted this as 255. Hence, Gandhi's been nuke happy as a result of it. I have only been nuked once in Civilization, and it was during Civ II when he nuked Pompeii :( .

there was that time you nuked yourself...
  • Like 6

Shaka has very dangerous AI (as I suspected). He loves to expand, loves to war, and stays competitive.I can't figure out why Ahmad is so often a contender in my games based on this.

But at least Shaka is honest!

For real. The guy may be a dick, but it's your own damned fault if you're unaware of his Impi rape train. The real bastard is Alexander, that smug bastard will shake your hand with his right hand, and be holding a dagger in his left. Sinister bugger.

I love Monty. I love it when I beat him by culture and he's all "my people are now buying your blue jeans" as he stands there shirtless in front of his giant brazier. I love playing as him and building Floating Gardens to get GIANT-ASS CITIES, and I love getting culture from barbs. Monty rules.

• Like 2

Not to mention I consider this a lot more...legit, than getting an insane tech advantage and just blowing through people. I'm sure I have won domination before, but those were more uh...curb-stomps thanks to technology. This one was done with Horse Archers and Battering Rams!

You can get a tech lead and still steamroll the world! Try it with Germany, it's super-fun because you divert your trade routes over to City-States anyway when you go into mega-war, and Germany gets a production boost from doing that (HANSE!).

Just did another one as Monty; while my previous game was on a tiny Pangaea, this one both sides had continents. Getting the mercs was pretty nifty. It started off dead even, but eventually I completely pulled ahead. The only thing that pissed me off was Gandhi was fucking relentless with his damn prophets and missionaries.